bug at Melandru Hero Point Cursed Shore

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Renate.4820

Renate.4820

I can’t get the HP it keeps interrupting me. See Attachement.

Can you pls fix this bug.

Attachments:

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That’s not a bug. The statues in Orr are contested when the temple closest to it is also contested. When the statues are contested they will have an AOE affect around them; Melandru statues create vines that cripple you and make you bleed. You can get the point by helping to complete temple events, or you can stealth to not be hit by the vines.

Renate.4820

But the temple closest to it isnt contested.

Renate.4820

See here in the attachement

Attachments:

RoseofGilead.8907

Ah, in that case, yes, that is a bug of sorts. It seems to only affect that particular skill point, too. But in any case, see if you have a friend with a thief or engineer. If not, shout out in map chat and ask for help from one. I’ve been able to get that hero point by having someone stealth me as I was next to the thing.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Ever since megaservers the statues tied to the temples are odd, at best. I have no idea how it’s actually determined when a statue is or isn’t contested, since it cannot get the info from a map with the corresponding temple on the same server (when the temple isn’t on the very same map as the statue).

I just know that that particular statue will, at some point, be uncontested, you can only keep trying to check it.

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

See here in the attachement

That’s the temple of Grenth. The statue of Melandru will be uncontested once the temple of Melandru is uncontested. It’s to the north, in the Cathedral of Verdance area.

Ever since megaservers the statues tied to the temples are odd, at best. I have no idea how it’s actually determined when a statue is or isn’t contested, since it cannot get the info from a map with the corresponding temple on the same server (when the temple isn’t on the very same map as the statue).

I just know that that particular statue will, at some point, be uncontested, you can only keep trying to check it.

There are statues that don’t have the temple on the same map? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.

(edited by Azurem.9468)

Renate.4820

The temple of Melandru wasn’t contested also

Sourde Noire.5286

There are statues that don’t have the temple on the same map? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.

Well, yes. Straits of Devastation has a Lyssa Statue in the northwest, guarding a Hero Challenge, two Melandru Statues (in the water to guard another HC, next to the Elder Wood farm spot). Malchor’s Leap has a Melandru Statue next to Dwayna’s Cathedral at a HC, a Grenth Statue at a HC in the southwest, another one at the Cathedral of Light entrance near the Ossuary. Cursed Shore has a Balthazar Statue in the north at a HC, one in the middle on the way to Anchorage, two Lyssa Statues at the labyrinth, another one in the royal tomb, a Dwayna Statue at Gavbeorn’s Landing, not to mention the display of all gods at the Promenade of the Gods.

Point is, ANet removed the ties from statues to the temples with Megaservers and it’s really annoying because I have no idea how you’re supposed to know when a statue will be uncontested. At least the ones with their temple on the same map could be linked properly.

Oh well.

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Well, yes. Straits of Devastation has a Lyssa Statue in the northwest, guarding a Hero Challenge, two Melandru Statues (in the water to guard another HC, next to the Elder Wood farm spot). Malchor’s Leap has a Melandru Statue next to Dwayna’s Cathedral at a HC, a Grenth Statue at a HC in the southwest, another one at the Cathedral of Light entrance near the Ossuary. Cursed Shore has a Balthazar Statue in the north at a HC, one in the middle on the way to Anchorage, two Lyssa Statues at the labyrinth, another one in the royal tomb, a Dwayna Statue at Gavbeorn’s Landing, not to mention the display of all gods at the Promenade of the Gods.

Huh. I’ve map-completed Orr 5 times (after megaservers), guess I’ve just been really lucky never running into one of those being contested.

Also I was just looking at the wiki and this is mentioned as a bug on there too: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Statue_of_Melandru_%28hero_challenge%29

Edit: Went into Cursed Shore, all the statues and temples were contested. The temple of Grenth was captured, and this screenshot happened. It looks like it does mostly control the closest statues like RoseofGilead said? Though the Promenade of the Gods is kinda weird. It’s definitely not controlling Grenth statues like the tooltip says, anyway.

Attachments:

(edited by Azurem.9468)

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, at launch the statues were controlled by their corresponding temple (ie. Melandru temple being uncontested meant that all Melandru statues were uncontested). However, sometime ago (over a year ago) they made it so that the temple CLOSEST to the statue controls whether or not it is contested. Unfortunately, though, that particular Melandru statue is always a pain.

Sourde Noire.5286

I had no idea that it’s supposed to be the closest temple, good to know. Though I could swear the statue was contested even with the Grenth temple being cleansed. Oh well.