% burning duration is bugged.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Putting runes with 15% burning duration and eating food that grants 15% burning duration does not change the burning duration inflicted.

for example: Drakes breath has a burning duration of 3.5 seconds but after eating food and putting runes that supposedly increase burning duration, the condition still last for 3.5 seconds.

this bug needs to be fixed asap on the next patch or build since fire elementals relay solely on this condition damage.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

3.5 sounds like you are looking at the skill info tooltip. Many of those are actually are actually wrong/does not update to reflect changes. They certainly need to be fixed but if it is just the tooltip it is not as big of a problem.

On the other hand an elementalist who sticks to just fire is going to have problems regardless …

Hitman.5829

3.5 sounds like you are looking at the skill info tooltip. Many of those are actually are actually wrong/does not update to reflect changes. They certainly need to be fixed but if it is just the tooltip it is not as big of a problem.

On the other hand an elementalist who sticks to just fire is going to have problems regardless …

No, a timer appears on the target; there you can see the burning last for the time specified. The time does not change regardless of how many % burning duration you have.

This is obviously a bug since it is not working as intended.

If you put 15% burning duration, then you should expect the condition to last 4 seconds.

If you eat, put runes and achieve a 60% burning duration, then the total time should be 5.6 seconds, but you don’t see that happening. Hence, it is a bug that needs to be fixed asap.

Khisanth.2948

Hmm … actually you have left out the relevant information for fixing this.
There could be a bug in
1) the skill
2) the runes
3) the food
4) all of the above

I’ve just checked this myself while murdering Fireflies and it doesn’t show any of the the subsecond times. If would be much easier to test using all 4 hits from Drake’s Breath anyway. If the buffs ARE working then you should see a 16s burn by the time Drake’s Breath ends. If the buffs are NOT working then you should see a 12s burn by the time Drake’s Breath ends.

Hitman.5829

Hmm … actually you have left out the relevant information for fixing this.
There could be a bug in
1) the skill
2) the runes
3) the food
4) all of the above

I’ve just checked this myself while murdering Fireflies and it doesn’t show any of the the subsecond times. If would be much easier to test using all 4 hits from Drake’s Breath anyway. If the buffs ARE working then you should see a 16s burn by the time Drake’s Breath ends. If the buffs are NOT working then you should see a 12s burn by the time Drake’s Breath ends.

To see the timer, you need to hover over the condition on the target. I have been testing a couple of skills and so far I was able to determine that SOME of the skills that burn indeed are working correctly, but sadly, some are not. For example:

“Signet of fire” when it burns a target, the burning duration is always 10.25 seconds.
in my case, i have 60% burning duration which means the skill should last for 16.4 seconds.

I am using superior runes of: 2 bealfire, 2 baltahzar, 2 flame legion, and eating bowl of fire meat chili.

combined gives me 60% burning duration.

Khisanth.2948

I am aware of the time remaining that is displayed when you hover over a condition on a target but that has never shown fractional time as far as I am aware and it still doesn’t.

Not going to try the PvE versions of those runes to test but the PvP versions of those runes DO work. With that rune set and no other source of burning/condition duration Signet of Fire applies a 13s burn. 9*1.45 = 13.05(it does not show the 0.05). The what does show up as a bug is that the skill hover tooltip does not update properly and it also rounds(my SoF burns for 10.8 but it displays as 10 and 3/4).

If your condition duration and burning duration combined is 60% then Signet of Fire’s burn time should be 14.4 not 16.4.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Putting runes with 15% burning duration and eating food that grants 15% burning duration does not change the burning duration inflicted.

for example: Drakes breath has a burning duration of 3.5 seconds but after eating food and putting runes that supposedly increase burning duration, the condition still last for 3.5 seconds.

this bug needs to be fixed asap on the next patch or build since fire elementals relay solely on this condition damage.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drake's_Breath
Burning: 3s
Burning duration: +30% (2x 15%)

New burning duration: 3s * (1 + 30%) = 3s * 1.3 = 3.9s
Displayed burning duration: floor(3.9s * 4 + 0.5)/4 = 4s

So it should show either 3s or 4s as duration, not 3.5s.

Hitman.5829

I am aware of the time remaining that is displayed when you hover over a condition on a target but that has never shown fractional time as far as I am aware and it still doesn’t.

Not going to try the PvE versions of those runes to test but the PvP versions of those runes DO work. With that rune set and no other source of burning/condition duration Signet of Fire applies a 13s burn. 9*1.45 = 13.05(it does not show the 0.05). The what does show up as a bug is that the skill hover tooltip does not update properly and it also rounds(my SoF burns for 10.8 but it displays as 10 and 3/4).

If your condition duration and burning duration combined is 60% then Signet of Fire’s burn time should be 14.4 not 16.4.

ok, ok, ok… now im going nuts… the game is behaving weird. Now, if i only eat the bowl of fire meat chili the burning duration is correctly calculated and updated to show the 15% burning duration, but when I put 2 superior runes of baelfire for 15% burn duration, the skills that burn do not update and do not make the condition last longer.

I think the bug is caused by the runes and not by the fire meat chili.

Hitman.5829

Any moderator or developer that can help me with this? I have removed all my traits gear and buffs.

• First I ate a bowl of meat fire chili and my signet of fire went from 9 s to 10 and 1/4 s
  • Then I wore 2 superior baelfire for 15% more burn duration but the signet of fire remained at 10 and 1/4 s
  • Then I removed the meat fire chili buff and kept only the 2 superior runes of baelfire and the “signet of fire” dropped to 9s

Thus, I think the baelfire signets are bugged. Please fix this as I relay only on fire duration for wvw.

Hitman.5829

Can anyone confirm this? or is this only a bug that is happening to me?

Hitman.5829

I feel like i am having a conversation with myself!
Me 1: How you doing?
Me 2: Im doing fine thank you.
Me 1: What are you doing to fix this bug? have you even read this post?
Me 2: oh yeah, I have read it, so sorry I was busy and that is why I could not answer your question, but rest assure that I am going to do all I can to make sure this bug gets fixed.
Me 1: Thank you.
Me 1: Now If you don’t mind, I will post more bugs that I have encountered in this game, bye…