cant login after charectar select!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: jakovliv.8567

jakovliv.8567

when i chose a charectar and plress play… i get the map loading screen and then get a network error to check my internet connection… but how can that be the case if i manage to log in until the char selection?!
this happend to me right after the game DCed on me in the middle of cof run!
please help!!!
anyone else having that problem?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

no, but I have heard of it. this isnt an account issue but caused by network lag, combined with the game recalculating your odd new position (odd in the sense of different form where you where before dc, namely in a dungeon). today is very stressfull for the servers, and it takes me to load for ages too due to new content. true logging in on a strange hour, e.g. in the morning. You will likely get in and it will be solved again. if this is persistent, pls contact support.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: tanha.9608

tanha.9608

same here, Cannot log in after character select

Posted by: kaptnahab.9807

kaptnahab.9807

I’m having the same issue…frustrating

Posted by: Jammypack.3018

Jammypack.3018

It’s not you – just minutes after people in chat were talking about a bad link or something that could take down a server, this happened.

I smell perma-bans coming….

Posted by: Towelie.4637

Towelie.4637

I had the same issue 2minute ago but it seem to work now, strange…

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Same here. I was in Sparkfly Fen overflow, just running around randomly, then kicked off. Got some connection error message. Tried logging into any character and would stop at loading screen with connection error message again. I rebooted my computer and it fixed it, but then I couldn’t get into WvW until I did a map change.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: nomade.7856

nomade.7856

same here, Cannot log in after character select… I log and: Network Error, check your… and code=1083:5:7:1848:101
before was too many disconnects and lag, and now does not pass the character screen, so began the new update was announced and the count of 1 hour in the game, since it was only up connection error after update

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I’m bumping this because my friend and fellow guild leader can’t get into the game, he was afk when it crashed so he isn’t sure what caused that. Meanwhile, I was asleep and missed out on the map crash bug and I can get in just fine.

This issue needs some attention.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Aaand its me again.

My wife is having this problem right now, on TC server. I found a thread about it from five months ago and I guess the fix was a band-aid or it got broken all over again with the tequatl update. She was doing her personal story at the time that it crashed on her and wouldn’t let her back in.

She really wants to lvl her character to participate and get the teq wings but this is preventing her from even getting into the game.