cavern of shining lights fps problem

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Workhorse.2013

Workhorse.2013

Q:

First off my computer specs are much higher than the specs recommended for the game and I already have my Nividia GTX 9800 graphics card set as the primary card when running the game. Normally the game runs smoothly. However, for one reason or another when I go into the Cavern of Shinning Lights in the very recently released map expansion of Dry Top my fps drops to 9-10. Everywhere else in dry top my fps is a solid 30 at least. Changing the graphics settings did nothing for the fps. Please, if anyone has any ideas about how to fix this or if this is a widespread problem please help. This is one of the coolest areas I’ve seen the devs create and it’s not even enjoyable to play.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Turning off/tuning down reflections in that cave could help, just in case you didn’t try that yet and just tuned down the general graphics settings without trying separate options.

Since the cave is full of water, steam, rainbows and other lighting effects, and everything gets reflected in said water, that one option alone can eat your FPS alive.

Posted by: Workhorse.2013

Workhorse.2013

Unfortunately I tried that and turned reflections completely off, for some reason even on the lowest settings for everything the area still runs at 9-10 fps. Thank you for the suggestion though.