cliffside bugs

cliffside bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

I don’t what happend to cliffside after the patch but it sucks, i was at the final seal and when we stunned him and he dropped the hammer the other mobs didnt spawn that you need to kill for charging the hammer to hit the seal, we all did a suicide jump to reset the boss fight and the ads spawned this time but normally after you kill them they ‘despawn’ but they were still there, please fix these bugs arenanet! also at our 5th attempt i fell through the map at the part where you need to walk to the final boss with the fire ball things going up. I took some screenshots of everything

Attachments:

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

cliffside bugs

RMStrooper.7291

heres a screenshot from when i fell through the map

Attachments:

cliffside bugs

RMStrooper.7291

and heres one where we all managed to get into the colosus

Attachments:

cliffside bugs

Posted by: miragino.6971

miragino.6971

Same here. +1 terrible a bug that gets worse, not better.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Same happened to us. On the first stun (75% hp of boss) no mobs spawned. Then we killed ourselves to reset the boss, but he still was at 75% and the seal was shielded again. Later he spawned a huge amount of mobs (about 10veterans + others). Then some of our partymembers decided to leave.

True, how it was before the patch was a bug, but atleast it worked. These things that are bugged but “work” should get the lowest priority in fixing.
And also: what if the boss is a bit easier. Cliffside is a pain anyway if you don’t have the right group.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

cliffside bugs

Posted by: malevolence.9487

malevolence.9487

Hey that is me in the screenshots , and yes cliffside is full of bugs. Hope they can fix it.

cliffside bugs

RMStrooper.7291

Same happened to us. On the first stun (75% hp of boss) no mobs spawned. Then we killed ourselves to reset the boss, but he still was at 75% and the seal was shielded again. Later he spawned a huge amount of mobs (about 10veterans + others). Then some of our partymembers decided to leave.

True, how it was before the patch was a bug, but atleast it worked. These things that are bugged but “work” should get the lowest priority in fixing.
And also: what if the boss is a bit easier. Cliffside is a pain anyway if you don’t have the right group.

True, I dont understand why they fix something like this first instead of trying to fix the grawl map where you need to kill the veteran shamans that push the captives in and all of a sudden they teleport to the captive and push him in making it inpossible to get the extra chest from that map.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: GreenBook.1692

GreenBook.1692

I’m posting here because I don’t wanna make a new thread, but I believe this fractal is still having issues.

I just did this about a half hour ago. The fanatics that normally do not spawn until much later in the fight spawned the very first time the hammer was dropped. That might not seem like to big a deal, except they didn’t de-spawn when the seal was hit, and promptly wiped out my entire party during the few seconds of daze that happens while the archdiviner picks the hammer back up. We were completely helpless while they killed us. We tried killing them all before hitting the seal, but they just kept respawning until we did so.

So after about 3 wipes from that happening we pulled the archdiviner into the side room away from the spawns and simply picked a chanter off, rushed the seal, and ran back out the main room. Somehow in the process of doing this the seal lost it’s fix from the recent patch and we were able to deal damage to it just like before. Not only that, but regular attacks worked on it, not just aoe.

I’m sorry I don’t have any screenshots and I’m not 100% sure what went wrong; it was on level 13 if that helps.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Leonardo Darnassus.1635

Leonardo Darnassus.1635

getting the same thing at final seal with adds after seals been hit not despawning. That combined with fanatics + agony aoe from boss makes this near impossible to complete without heavy agony resists. Please fix anet. :/

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

But surely, preventing a few people from finishing the fractal 2 minutes faster (as was possible when you could AoE the seal) makes these bugs worthwhile, no?

/sarcasm

- Al Zheimer

cliffside bugs

Posted by: idorian.2859

idorian.2859

i’m so pissed about this bug you don’t have idea. i did 104 runs and i don’t have single ascended item, and i have to face double stacks of agony + 25 stacks of vulnerability. anet you’re doing it wrong. everytime you try to fix things you make it worse than ever, i appreciate you’re trying to fix exploits, but right now exploiting it’s the only way to avoid your mistakes. and you rng sucks.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

This.

Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my time, anet.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The bug happens only at 10+ it seems
Workaround:
bring the battle on the front right area…

There despite having the room full of vets you can face the boss AND maximum 4-5 fanatics as i think is intended to work (others will stay passive in the room until u pass by >.>)

Hoping anet won’t patch the only chance to finish the fractal……..

At least it worked yesterday at lvl 12

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Loxias.2351

Loxias.2351

Seriously, fix this Fractal or get rid off it. I’m so sick of this game and its many bugs. Why they haven’t fixed the dc bug yet is just… wow…

cliffside bugs

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

Invulnerable cage:

Last night I was in a level 8 fractal with Cliffside, and I was first put into the cage. Well, this cage was invulnerable (if you enter the room and look at the seal from the hallway, it’s the one on the right, placing it at the corner to the path to the next room on the side). No amount of damage would affect the cage, nor was it targetable.

Another person was put in the cage with me, and then a third. Three of us in this invulnerable cage and the other two members of our party inexplicably aggroed the room and were defeated.

Our thief (in the cage) could somehow shoot some of the nearby mobs with his bow (my skills could not penetrate, perhaps because it was a bouncing attack?), however they soon went invulnerable and we had no way to die, so it became an impasse.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Blynd Blade Rahl.8597

Blynd Blade Rahl.8597

Every time i do cliffside at lvl 12+ it is near impossible. When you stun the boss the first time and hit the seal, too many mobs spawn, and they don’t despawn, they keep respawning and its impossible to do it because after he picks up the hammer, it stuns everyone and the mass mobs end up killing everyone + the agony. Ive tried to pull him into the side room and pull a single mob and do it that way and run in and hit the seal but this doesnt work because in the side room he does x3 agonies within a 30 second spam. This is beyond ridiculous at this point ive gotten stuck with this fractal at the third progression SEVEN times and each time it is impossible to do. I find it amusing how anet can fix the bug with the seal that was an exploit, yet they cannot fix this. WHY fix something then break it. You have wasted 12+ hrs of my life trying to do this, not to mention the money it costs to repair, and the lost loot from not making it thru the fractal or the bonus round. I am at my wits end with this game. I love this game and want to spend money on the gemstore to get items but why would i when they dont fix any of the bugs or if they do it takes forever and adds more bugs to the ones they fix. Being a loyal customer of guildwars since GW1 i am now thinking of quitting this game because i am basically stuck and not able to progress. I have also done over 50+ fractal runs and have not gotten one single ascended gear yet others have multiple items. This is very frustrating because i cannot proceed further without the gear and agony resistence needed at lvl 16 nor do i want to keep running into the cliffside fractal and wasting time and money on not being able to proceed. I think you should fix it, or disable it until you do because the community is very irritated with this.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Fenris.2483

Fenris.2483

We’ve been having similar problems as listed above in the Cliffside Fractal and we’re up to lvl 20. At this point the issue with the massive add spawn that does not despawn each time the boss is dazed on the Final Seal has gotten ridiculous if we get this Fractal we pretty much just go back to the lab and restart. We have been able to complete it but it takes 30+ minutes on just the final seal and some insane tactics to get it done to the point it’s just irritating. If you need time to fix the fractal it’s cool just take it out of the rotation until the issue is fixed. Fighting a challenging fight is one thing fighting a bugged fight is just plain frustrating.

Officer of Tyrian Claws 500 Strong Ehmry Bay Guild
80 Guardian |100% World Comp |“Yes I’m a Dev and
yes I’m a wolf and no you can’t touch my tail.”

cliffside bugs

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

Yes, adds do not despawn any more making this fight near impossible.

cliffside bugs

Posted by: chokipik.2168

chokipik.2168

All the 3/4 of boss is OK but in the end, when the boss is almost dead, you have to break 2 times in a row the seal instead of one and have lots of mobs, is it normal ?

The seal stayed alive with no more HP, so weird.

Thanks,

cliffside bugs

Posted by: Decimus.1829

Decimus.1829

Same issue at FotM lvl 13 – our static grp is coordinated and skilled, and we are getting overwhelmed by the undue number of mobs/adds in this final boss fight. Not to mention the boss’s flash of light (and agony) is VERY hard hitting and there is no “wind-up” to give a hint when to dodge. We were upset enough to log early last night

cliffside bugs

Posted by: toothlessgrin.5360

toothlessgrin.5360

Invulnerable cage:

Last night I was in a level 8 fractal with Cliffside, and I was first put into the cage. Well, this cage was invulnerable (if you enter the room and look at the seal from the hallway, it’s the one on the right, placing it at the corner to the path to the next room on the side). No amount of damage would affect the cage, nor was it targetable.

Another person was put in the cage with me, and then a third. Three of us in this invulnerable cage and the other two members of our party inexplicably aggroed the room and were defeated.

Our thief (in the cage) could somehow shoot some of the nearby mobs with his bow (my skills could not penetrate, perhaps because it was a bouncing attack?), however they soon went invulnerable and we had no way to die, so it became an impasse.

Same thing happened to me, only 4 of my party members were in the cage :p

Have a look at the screen

Attachments: