ele fixes in patch don't actually work

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

The following “fixes” don’t actually do anything, and are even broken at the moment.

•Dragon’s Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character’s location.

Dragon’s Tooth no longer provides a blast finisher of any sort.

•Mist Form: This skill now works with the Water Magic trait Cantrip Mastery.

Mist form still doesn’t receive a cooldown reduction with this trait.

•Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer creates unintended blast finishers.

Churning Earth is a spell with a blast finisher, and that doesn’t proc when using evasive arcana in earth attunement. Since the tooltip says the trait allows people to cast churning earth at the end of their dodge in earth attunement, this seems “intended” to have a blast finisher.

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Since it has to do with Evasive Arcana, can a Mod confirm whether or not Evasive Arcana’s earth ability is actually Churning Earth or another spell?

If it is CE, then it’s still a bug that the spell isn’t working as intended.

Posted by: Mutzii.5916

Mutzii.5916

I can confirm all of the above aswell.
Dragon Tooth doesnt blast, cd doesnt work on mist form (says 60 seconds, but use the skill, still 75) and EA spells like churning earth dont blast finish.

Additionally, skills like Magnetic Grasp bugs out sometimes, meaning my character gets stuck in the animation of pulling myself to the enemy (I’ve pulled myself next to enemy -> yet still pulling and the channelling of the skill is still occuring).

In conclusion:
fail.

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Ride the Lightning also “Hardly” works and is just WORSE…

it completely misses the target, and even if it does hit it still goes past the target for another 1-3 seconds meaning i am taking more damage than i should…………………

FIX IT kitten /p>

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

Yeah man, everybody knows they don’t actually test any of the stuff they release. Just put another bug report in and move along. It may get fixed by June.

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

Dragon’s tooth is still not working as a blast finisher.

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

The fact that dragon’s tooth is broken really needs the attention of Anet devs.

Posted by: Reboco.7309

Reboco.7309

The Cantrip Mastery trait doesn’t work for mist form in PvE and WvW, but it does work in PvP. Maybe the fix could be fast, if they take the PvP correction and put it into PvE too. But who knows …

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

The leap finisher on magnetic grasp is extremely bugged out. When used with a fire field it shows the fire aura animation and visual cue, but it only gives the actual fire aura about 5 percent of the time.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Regarding Mist form and the Cantrip Mastery trait, for some strange reason it’s fixed in sPvP but still broken in anything else. So in sPvP it will reduce the cooldown correctly to 60 seconds, yet in anything else when activated it will default to 75 seconds cooldown.

Are you aware of this Anet?, it’s pretty strange that the fix only worked in 1 aspect of the game.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for the reports; I’ll pass these issues on for further investigation.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

Thank you for the reports; I’ll pass these issues on for further investigation.

those report has been posted since the day after the patch in the elemntalist forum… in various topic and in the official elementalist bug report tread…

do we really need to crosspost (that should also be considered a bad behavior in forum) to have the attention of a mod? (don’t even think about getting the attention of a dev since the elementalist forum last dev reply is 22 page old…) if so just say it and we will crosspost all the elementalist bug… there are quite a few (actually over 90 bug reported in the official ele bug tread…)

PS; this is not a critic… just want to know the best way to have the staff acknowledge the bugs… (please don’t respond with “in game report” because some of those bag where reported since beta and still have to be recognized…)

(edited by Comaetilico.3645)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This is why I have not played my ele since I started experiencing issues. I refuse to play a broken character.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Do mesmers also receive “further investigation” for their fixes ehm… nerfs..ehm… bugs which occured with the last big patch?

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Magnetic grasp also buggs out regulary and has lost its leap finisher. Same with Ride the Lightning when using it on large creatures

Posted by: Zepour.4965

Zepour.4965

Evasive Arcana doesn’t activate Cleansing Wave in Water attunement when dodging for me in PvE since the last batch of “elementalist” fixes.

Edit: Flame Burst, Blinding Flash and Churning Earth activate normally.

(edited by Zepour.4965)

Posted by: Neth.2109

Neth.2109

Evasive Arcana doesn’t activate Cleansing Wave in Water attunement when dodging for me in PvE since the last batch of “elementalist” fixes.

Cleansing Wave does actually work, and heals the nearby allies. But the animation does not occur.

Posted by: Zepour.4965

Zepour.4965

Cleansing Wave does actually work, and heals the nearby allies. But the animation does not occur.

You’re right, Cleansing Wave via Evasive Arcana seems to work normally, but the animation doesn’t.

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

Magnetic grasp also buggs out regulary and has lost its leap finisher. Same with Ride the Lightning when using it on large creatures

THIS. The skills don’t even cast. I just tried to use daggers today and I’m benching my Elementalist again because the skills don’t cast.

Also -my glyph of storms went on cooldown for some random reason after exiting mistform. anyone know anything about that?

Posted by: NateDog.6408

NateDog.6408

Anet we Eles are feeling just a little left out in the cold, share the love please. :-)

MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST