exploits in blood prince dg to farm cobs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

So I heard that some players were exploiting the blood prince and doing it multiple times. Probably due to a bug with having last years candy corn mini. Those few players were getting inside the duneon killing blood prince having a high chance to get a cob (about 6gold iten) and repeating it a LOT of times.

I dont know exactally how it was done. But I am looking foward for anet to check it and ban the exploiters if they really did that. I remmember what happened last winters day, in the snow flakes incident.

Is this the reason anet closed the instance? Does anyone know more details? I dont wanna see exploiters messing up with the economy again.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

xDudisx.5914

Lets not cite names here ( cite them on tickets to anet). Lets just try to clarify them about what was been done so they can take proper actions about it.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its almost certainly the reason they closed it off. Any time they close something off outright like this, it means there’s a major issue that they need to plug up immediately, even before they can put out a proper patch. Which usually means exploit or game-breaking bug.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes, after learning about this exploit, this is undoubtedly the reason why they locked the instance and stopping others from being able to play the story or complete their achievements. Stupid exploiters ruining things for the rest of us.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If you believe or see people using exploits the best way is reporting it though email to exploits@arena.net. Reporting exploits through forums isn’t recommended neither allowed, it’s against the rules actually.

xDudisx.5914

If you believe or see people using exploits the best way is reporting it though email to exploits@arena.net. Reporting exploits through forums isn’t recommended neither allowed, it’s against the rules actually.

Are you a moderator? Would you mind showing me where is the rule that says I can’t talk about a game bug the in the “Game Bugs” section of the forums? I don’t see anything like this here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Also I have not posted ss or anything harassing or accusing an specific user or player. It is just a general post showing a bug on the game bugs section.

Thank you for giving me their email.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: HappyDale.5398

HappyDale.5398

What it was, is that you could do the instance over and over again and get the chest rewards every time you did the instance. The same thing happened last year, and they changed it so that you could only get the chest 1 time / day. Someone forgot this detail again this year.

shadow.6174

Are you a moderator? Would you mind showing me where is the rule that says I can’t talk about a game bug the in the “Game Bugs” section of the forums? I don’t see anything like this here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Also I have not posted ss or anything harassing or accusing an specific user or player. It is just a general post showing a bug on the game bugs section.

No, I’m not a moderator and I didn’t say you cannot post about game bugs, after all this forum area is meant for that. What I said was you cannot post about exploits and even a moderator said so in thread.

Thanks to the “working” search I can’t find the mentioned thread. I’ll edit this if I find it.

xDudisx.5914

What is the difference between “exploit” and “bug”? Isnt an exploit just a bug been abused by players? I could make the same post swaping the word “exploits” to “bugs”. Would it change anything?

If any moderator read this please send a message =)

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

shadow.6174

You almost said it right.

Let’s see what the Guild Wars 2 Wiki itself says about them:

A bug is an error (in performance) or a flaw (in design) in a game which prevents it from working as intended. This includes things such as graphical glitches, incorrect processing of player input, or other features not working properly.

- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bug

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency, experience, or other things of value to players. It also includes actions that allow one player to gain a gameplay advantage over other players.

- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit

So yes, they are technically related but aren’t the same thing. Also, if you wish a more direct and personalized response from a dev you can try to submit a ticket through Customer Service (Services > Support > Submit a request [at the top right]). Also forums are also meant for players to help others, not only for devs.

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Discussions of in-game abuse, hacking, exploiting, and the like are not allowed on the forums. If you feel a player is abusive in-game, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue and take any appropriate action.

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your understanding.