fields of ruin disconnect issue.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

Q:

after roll back being in field of ruin after a couple minutes you get disconnect and ported to last map where you where on. It happen to me 10 time and to many people on that map.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

I keep trying to complete events for the Daily in Fields of Ruin but last only a few moments before getting booted to the character select screen with error (Code=7:11:3:191:101).

Posted by: ThomasTGnome.6875

ThomasTGnome.6875

I’m assuming here that the servers are being brought back up slowly. Probably be a while longer before full functionality returns.

Ailsan.6327

I’m assuming here that the servers are being brought back up slowly. Probably be a while longer before full functionality returns.

But why would a map with people on it (which is already brought back online apparently) need to dc everyone on the map just to bring up other servers?

Posted by: Kiteisa.3189

Kiteisa.3189

coughs don’t play on patch day cough

Nottsgman’s Girl ~ Half of the Dynamic Duo

Ailsan.6327

Well I took a toon there and logged out immediately to save my place (so I don’t have to keep speding ~3sp to wp everytime I get reset to Lion’s Arch. Can someone please post when Fields of Ruin has settled down?

Ailsan.6327

coughs don’t play on patch day cough

Every other map seems fine.

Posted by: Thoehn.7460

Thoehn.7460

Yeah, I’m having the same issue. Decided to wait a while before trying again after realizing I lose my silver every time, lol. Every other map does seem ok, though. Too many ppl rushing the map for daily maybe?

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Yep same.
I went to field of ruin for the daily, gathered some trees.. BAM kicked and lost all progress…

The funny thing is all my progress on the map gets erased, the events I do, the stuff I gather… but the silvers it takes to WP there dont come back… Lol…..

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

(edited by Vova.2640)

Posted by: cookielty.9183

cookielty.9183

just keep getting disconnected over and over…

Posted by: Widowmaker.2547

Widowmaker.2547

Big issue after the Roll back, any players that were in the Field of Ruins are getting constantly kicked to LA and getting their progress reset each time.

Widowmaker.2547

I’m stuck in a loop

Vova.2640

Same here. Longest I was in field of ruins was maybe 5 min? Then I got kicked back to where I came from and all my progress went back to 0 (rolled back).

Nice balance.

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

if anet dev read this I have seen another report on this forum saying that people in fields of ruins, rata sum or verdant brick are not able to acces their character that where there in those map before the server was shoot down.

question should we avoid those maps? until you fix those issue?

Posted by: Wonderra.3469

Wonderra.3469

I’m having the same issue. I tried to enter Fields of Ruin and it kicked me after 5 seconds and reconnected me to the map I was previously in (Silverwastes).

Widowmaker.2547

yah its really weird, I’m keeping some items and losing others when I get kicked, something is bugged, feel sorry for the staff….

Thoehn.7460

Tried again just now, thinking maybe an hour had been long enough. Hit the WP in Fields of Ruin and the game completely crashed this time instead of just DCing me.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The rumour in map chat is that anyone accessing the crafting stations there is causing the map wide dc for everyone. So beware of the trolls. If true, ignore this map like the plague for now!

Just go and do some PvP or WvW for the last daily requirement. It will save you a lot of frustration and a headache in the long run.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Widowmaker.2547

I am DCing no matter what I do at random intervals but I was on the Field of Ruins map before the patch and before the roll back

Wonderra.3469

The rumour in map chat is that anyone accessing the crafting stations there is causing the map wide dc for everyone. So beware of the trolls. If true, ignore this map like the plague for now!

Just go and do some PvP or WvW for the last daily requirement. It will save you a lot of frustration and a headache in the long run.

I don’t think that’s true, because I haven’t been able to even stay on the map for long enough for that to be possible. I can stay on for literally a max. of 5 seconds before I get kicked.

Posted by: Nyrien.7902

Nyrien.7902

I can confirm the problems on the Map Fields of Ruin. I got dc with my worrier while doing the dailies.

However I got no dc when logging on other Characters on other maps e.g. Lion’s arc , Hoelbrak, etc.

Thoehn.7460

I have had both DC as well as a complete client crash when trying to WP to Fields of Ruin. Both after restarting client and PC. Sent the crash report in.

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

We’ve disabled an NPC that was causing this map crash, so it should be fixed for now. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Posted by: Juguard.6751

Juguard.6751

I keep getting kicked also, and many others I see chatting on map. Just got to give them time, it will get back to normal.

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

It was not mentioned above, regarding the Fields of Ruin map crashes.

In map chat, the people said the crashes were related to use of the crafting NPCs in town.

The crashes were as often as 8 in 10 minutes.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

Vova.2640

We’ve disabled an NPC that was causing this map crash, so it should be fixed for now. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Thank you.

Im actually mind blown that an NPC would cause ppl to dc and make them lose progress in the map o.O

Nice balance.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Accursed.7146

Accursed.7146

The problem is in fact with the Crafting NPCs in Fields of Ruin. Anytime someone talks to a crafting NPC there it resets the map. Some reason I remember this glitch being there back around launch.

Posted by: Accursed.7146

Accursed.7146

Haha, crafting npcs are bugged there.

Wonderra.3469

Thank you.

Im actually mind blown that an NPC would cause ppl to dc and make them lose progress in the map o.O

Haha, glitches in Skyrim and The Sims 3 (PC) have taught me that when it comes to glitches, anything is possible lol.

Posted by: KWman.3012

KWman.3012

Fields of Ruin is still not accessible for me. It never stops disconnecting.

Yes, I am a Champion of an Egg.

(edited by KWman.3012)

Posted by: Juguard.6751

Juguard.6751

The Crafting NPC is not the problem for me. I get disconnected after a few seconds after logging in. My character is in Fields of Ruin.

Posted by: KWman.3012

KWman.3012

No, sir. I still keep disconnecting in the Fields of Ruin. Then I come and type this.

Yes, I am a Champion of an Egg.

Wonderra.3469

Yeah, the map is still kicking people.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Yeah, Fields of Ruin is having a bad time. Doing other dailies instead is advice.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Still kicking.
For ppl who get kicked, when you log back in , are you in the same place as when you got kicked?
I seem to be in random locations every time.

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Still getting dc’d without speaking to anyone. Lost all progress in my daily too.

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: kadrath.7298

kadrath.7298

it also happens in Heart of Mists and Divinity’s Reach.

Posted by: Natanya.2403

Natanya.2403

To test the DC-ing in Fields of Ruin I’ve interacted with 2 separate master crafter NPCs near the Hawkesgate Waypoint and the whole map crashes immediately. Others on the map confirmed the same thing when they tried to interact with them. It might be an idea to disable these ones too until you guys can fix the problem.

Natanya – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

I’ve been seeing this. I also had what seemed to be the same problem on a character in Bloodstone Fen.

Doghouse.1562

Still kicking.
For ppl who get kicked, when you log back in , are you in the same place as when you got kicked?
I seem to be in random locations every time.

I’m mostly wherever I was when I previously logged in (which can be another zone entirely). Although once I was back at the DR portal in Ebonhawke, which is where I entered the zone the first time, but which I hadn’t been back to since. And, yes, I lose any progress I make between logging in and the DC. I can save progress by logging out – but doing that every couple of minutes isn’t really a viable way to play the game.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Asgaard.4235

Asgaard.4235

I can tell you it is not fixed, I get ported back to the last place i were and i can read from the chat that alot of other ppl are getting ported too

Posted by: Mirelin.3259

Mirelin.3259

It seems to be crashing whenever you talk to any of the crafting NPCs in fields of ruin

Posted by: Aerveor.9617

Aerveor.9617

Just happened to me 7 times in a row. Can confirm this is still happening. I wasn’t the one that talked to the NPC. Whole map is crashing if anyone does it. Had a friend port in as well and they got dc’d with me each time.

Edit: Every time I dc’d I got ported to Charrgate Haven Waypoint in Diessa Plateua. Not sure if relevant or not. That was the last map I was in before waypointing to Fields of Ruin but I was nowhere near that waypoint.

Guild Leader – The Phoenix Effect [RISE]

(edited by Aerveor.9617)

Posted by: sith.4710

sith.4710

still no fixed ?

Doghouse.1562

If it is, no-one’s saying.

Ailsan.6327

So, checking back in. Did Fields of Ruin ever calm down? I literally couldn’t be there more than 1 or 2 minutes tops without getting dc’d.

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

So, checking back in. Did Fields of Ruin ever calm down? I literally couldn’t be there more than 1 or 2 minutes tops without getting dc’d.

I completed my dailies 4 hours ago. Everything was alright, no problems at all.

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

In nearly 4 your of playing, I’ve never seen the game this broken.
Anet should check the security camera footage and find out who spilt water on the Magwai and feed it after midnight.
This post has no merit and will help no-one but the salt has left me dehydrated and needing to vent.