huge lag spikes sinces HoT release

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

Since the release of HoT I do experience huge lag spikes on a contentieus base (before it was a very rare thing for me) I used to play with a 30-40 ms avarge ping, now it goes up to a 1000 ms avarge ping with lagspike of 5000ms+. Now the thing is, it’s for gw2 only, not a single other application I’m using is suffering form this. I already did reset my router (which I did not really expected to cause it, because of the single application part). However before I submit a ticket about this, I would like to know if there would be any options on my side I could try to fix this. Since it does not seems to be a thing everyone is suffering from. Anyone who can help me with this?

Posted by: Aerothir.3854

Aerothir.3854

Bump. I want to know this aswell. I am experiencing the same thing. GW2 has been lagging like hell since the release of HoT, and it has only been GW2. I have also resetted my router and this did not help either.

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

bump, I checked my routing, that is not the problem. Package loss is like 0%. Also -diag at the gw2 shortcut gives me low latency, as in under 10 ms lag. So any ideas what the problem might be?

Posted by: Thrutian.7931

Thrutian.7931

Also experiencing this. I get periods of huge lag, 60% of the time everything is fine. Though chat seems to work fine while I’m lagging.

It’s also annoying because I ask other people if they are lagging and it seems to only be me.