iberserker doing significantly less damage.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

Since they do spend their time moderating other forums you can only come to the conclusion that they simply refuse to reply to this topic.

The only reason for this is is that this is a huge stealth nerf and not a bug and that dont plan on changing it any time soon.

If it was a bug this would already have had a reply from a moderator.

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Why does a thread on asura ears get a response but something game breaking to a class doesn’t?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

Daisai.5879

Why does a thread on asura ears get a response but something game breaking to a class doesn’t?

Because like i said, this is a intended stealth nerf.

Posted by: Stratigo.1976

Stratigo.1976

we did get some kind of reply by spamming them in the asura ear thread

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Why is this getting ignored….

Baruch Bay.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Any answer about that ? or does Anet happy with the mesmer killing ?

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

This is indeed an unintentional bug. We need to get the facts straight first. It’s NOT a stealth nerf.

#1. The damage output by Phantasmal Berserker’s attacks are inconsistent. Most notably in its first attack that always deal significantly less damage than its subsequent attacks. The total output damage reduction as many have noted is to be roughly ~60% or more. At such high amount of total damage reduction and its innate inconsistency, it does NOT translate to a legitimate nerf by any means.

#2. With such a drastic change to this skill, it has to be noted in the patch notes. Otherwise, it only means that this is an unintentional bug. The current state of this skill is half broken as is, and it’s in dire need for fixing.

*Edit: This is a most recent note added to Phantasmal Berserker on Guild Wars 2 Wiki on Nov 16th- "As of the latest patch, the ability seems to miss at random, and land far fewer hits on average, occasionally going as far as zero. Believed to be a bug.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Berserker

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

(edited by Mystiq Angelic.8193)

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

The lack of communication astounds me. I really thought higher of anet than this.

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

I’ll re-post what was posted in the other thread:
Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
-Karl

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Thanks for the response Karl, that’s a relief

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

Thank you Karl, wonderful update and explanation.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I hope this is a high priority fix that’ll be in the usual monday’s update at the latest.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Thank you Karl. This is an important issue to many mesmer players and we appreciate hearing from you and the Anet team concerning it.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Guess it’s time to work on an alt until patch.

Daisai.5879

Illusionary Berserker has not received a direct damage decrease. Instead, is seems that the damage reduction you (and I) are seeing is most likely associated this fix:
“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”
We are aware that this particular phantasm is now experiencing a significant drop in damage and are looking at getting it back to a more effective state.
-Karl

And that is what you have test servers for….
Took about like what? 5 min ? for someone who plays a mesmer to figure this out.

Very good patch so far with regards to the new dungeon, really did a good job at looking what was wrong with the first dungeons.
However a stupid mistake like this with the mesmer ruins it for most players who play a mesmer.

So hopefully this is fixed during or very short after the weekend.
Because right now its pretty clear to say that a dps class like the mesmer with this low amount of dps is broken.

(edited by Daisai.5879)

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

Please keep us posted Karl. This was a very frustrating patch for us mesmer lovers. Thank you for answering.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

This is not the only bug that came with the new patch, please visit the mesmer forum (again) and have a detailed look into the “overview bug thread”.
PLEASE!

Link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first#post765918

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Thank you for recognizing this issue Karl Many of us were worried that this was an intentional nerf to our class because we didn’t hear anything back.

This is not the only bug that came with the new patch, please visit the mesmer forum (again) and have a detailed look into the “overview bug thread”.
PLEASE!

Link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first#post765918

Very very true. We have 20+ skills (not exaggerating) which are sill not working properly. This is unacceptable. Please go and review the bugs.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Defilade.8569

Defilade.8569

Thank you for the response Karl. I’m glad this is unintentional.

Posted by: Thora.6428

Thora.6428

Thank you Karl. It is nice to see someone paying attention to our bug reports.

Chorgom
Aurora Glade
Diversity requires versatile play

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Thank you very much for this answer. I guess the community is relieved at last to have an official answer. Worst thing is only to ignore the truth

Posted by: Mereto Nat.3621

Mereto Nat.3621

Mesmer basically have never been the dmg class, though after the patch it felt even more so.
I thought about respec’ing from greatsword/staff build to scepter-focus/staff condition build going down the route of giving up on dmg in pve and just giving support.
If berserker dmg is basically completely broken as described here, I will box my Me up because it’s pretty useless even as a supporter as it seems.

Posted by: ZeroRaiNs.7154

ZeroRaiNs.7154

I believe the illusion summoning is incredibly bugged. The Phantasmal Disenchanter ability has major issues with range. I think ArenaNet has gone too far with illusion summoning acting as projectiles and is causing more problems than what it’s worth.

Why was this even changed? The resource generation is just not good on Mesmer. Our aoe is incredibly lacking too. I’m not sure I want to continue playing this class anymore in this state now because others can perform better overall across the spectrum. Also, Phantasmal Haste seems to still be bugged.

(edited by ZeroRaiNs.7154)

Posted by: lare.9512

lare.9512

I have been using the GS berseker only for cripples, since it has such a low HP. Great for crippling zerg carvings. Anyway this bug needs addressing. Also I would propose ANet to stop developing new content since all the bugs are fixed at least till the holidays. New features embargo = ON

Posted by: Madara.3126

Madara.3126

please fix mesmer..ç.ç

Envoy of the End [EotE]
Ros
Human Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

-Karl

Please define “more effective state” sounds like there is no interest in returning iZerker to it’s previous damage output.

Standard Mesmer rant to follow.

Mesmer could really use something to offset the “fixes” we have experienced. Portal nerfed? Yet our low mobility is not compensated. Phantasms LOS “fixed” now mesmers have to ensure there’s no blind/invuln/bumpintheroad/etc. and our dps has fallen far below effective as well as our survivability since that is also tied to our phantasms. Thus we can’t run, we can’t hide, and we can’t fight back.

What exactly is our role because I’m confused?

Vendris.4201

So when can we expect a fix for this bug? It’s been days since the patch now, and it’s been acknowledged that this skill is currently broken.

Posted by: Thora.6428

Thora.6428

I hope they (ANET) is not responding in this thread because they are fixing it right now. Otherwise I will be deeply dissapointed. After all , this is a bug, not a balance feature to be added.

Chorgom
Aurora Glade
Diversity requires versatile play

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

I hope they (ANET) is not responding in this thread because they are fixing it right now. Otherwise I will be deeply dissapointed. After all , this is a bug, not a balance feature to be added.

Lol, did you not notice the big red response on this very page? I’ll assume not…

>_<

Navi.7142

We are waiting and not really playing (is that what you want us mesmer to do? O.o)

Please have a look at the updated overview in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first (you should read the whole thread because I couldn’t edit into the first post anymore, there were too many bugs!!)

There is a detailed list of bugs which occured after the patch came…

DO something! Fix it or communicate with us mesmers?
Please! :-(

Vendris.4201

Any ETA on the fix? Any updates at all?

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

any word? this particular bug is actually game breaking, anyone that uses greatsword is completely kittened in damage.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

still not fixed

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: ZeroRaiNs.7154

ZeroRaiNs.7154

Can we please get a response as to the ETA of a fix?

Navi.7142

Probably not before their holidays will end.

However the thing is, it shouldn’t have take such a long time to fix it, should it?

There are a lot of problems which came with the last big patch/ nerf/ whatever.. :-\

wads.5730

bump so the devs don’t forget. this is a gigantic, game changing bug.

Posted by: Anastasia.8697

Anastasia.8697

At least while we’re waiting we can spec to reflect and farm young karkas.

Navi.7142

Is there any possibility to get an update? O.o

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

if im not mistaken don’t they usually just make a new patch for a new event? so we will probably get a fix for the wintersday event.

wads.5730

if im not mistaken don’t they usually just make a new patch for a new event? so we will probably get a fix for the wintersday event.

i dont understand how this isn’t fixed. the rangers trap bug was hotfixed in a few hours after the patch hit.

can anet just not figure out how to fix this bug? i mean it’s been a pretty long time now.

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I’ve just tested the Phantasmal Berserker after today’s patch:

1. Phantasmal Berserker’s damage is still not fixed. Its attacks damage are still inconsistent and no where close to the state it was before Nov 15th patch.

2. Phantasms and not only just Berserker now suffers a delay before they will initiate their first attack. Often times they’ll get destroyed or significantly damaged due to delayed Signet of Illusions not granting them health bonus before phantasms initiate their first attack.
I tested the Berserker against a stationary golem as well as a single targeted NPC enemy in WvW thoroughly. The result I got was that it’s still missing some of its attacks that’s causing its inconsistency. Since Berserker deals AoE, I confirmed the result again at HotM against a group of stationary Golems near DPS Trials Waypoint, and the figures from all of the targets that got hit by Berserker goes from as low as ~500 on crit to 1.9-2k on crit. Crit chance is at 58%, +Crit dmg is at 37 and Attack is at 2.7k. The damage output and inconsistency nature have not been corrected. Together with delayed responsive phantasms upon summoning introduced by today’s patch, this is a severe issue.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

(edited by Mystiq Angelic.8193)

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Ya the delay is really bad, tested it in the mists and running some spvp. Guess all we have left is pure shatter builds. Hurray options!!!!!

Navi.7142

PLEASE fix the berserker ASAP!

And all the other bugs which came with the 15th November patch: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first

And the new DELAY bug!!

Don’t let us down! :-(

Posted by: Reap.7961

Reap.7961

I do really hope the iberserker delay is a bug and not intended.
With this delay he becomes useless in the middle of a teamfight, as he will die to any aoe before delivering any hit.

A clarification on this issue would be really appreciated.

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

I have also confirmed the delay in I berserker. This really hurts. Please fix!

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer