illusions dying vs stealthed opponent

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Tick tock on the clock, mesmer is bugged but anet doesn’t give a sock.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah just had a gvg and the thief was unkillable for me so i kept dying. gg anet. cant play mes with this

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

This thread was posted at the end of their business day and it’s only like 7am in Seattle now. I’m sure they’ll see it today

Posted by: Eggs On Legs.4805

Eggs On Legs.4805

We’ll just have to keep bumping this thread until we get an answer or better still it gets fixed!

selan.8354

yeah this needs to get fixed asap. so lets hope they are in the office soon and fix this its a terrible bug. i was so embarrassed during gvg today its not even funny!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

It’s really “hilarous” how in every patch the mesmer gets more and more bugged. The warden still bugs around since months! I doubt that they will be able to hotfix this issue too >_> This is by far the biggest issue I have with ANet – they break things, well thats ok, but they don’t fix them right after.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

Them being “closed” is no excuse…

The game is up 24/7, why on earth would the not have atleast 1 support staff available 24/7?

They have commented on problems with the gem store at any hour of day or night…

An issue as detrimental to an entire class as this should have gotten phones ringing right after it was reported.

Why do people make excuses and work arounds for the incompitence of the ANET staff?
What would it take for everyone to realize if it isnt affecting the Gem Store they just dont care!!!!

BlackDevil.9268

Thats the problem with a ’’freetoplay’’ game. Everything just goes so slow. Especially with ncsoft not allowing arenanet to make expansions. This game gets worse every patch.

selan.8354

i think programming ai is very hard to pull off without bugs and i understand that. but then at least give the mes some aoe that is not ai based so when phantasms bug out we can at least still play our class until they fix it.
i kept dying today to thieves and thieves staelthing everyone and even more thieves. its annoying to ffel so powerless and useless rallybot. its bad enough already that we are veilbots.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

This is kinda urgent to fix. Without reliable illusions mesmer are unviable as class in al tems of PvP.

This bug is as bad as if stealth made warriors immobeliced everytime their target stealthed.

/Osicat

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I have registered a plea to Grouch (Josh Davis). We’ll see what happens. Hoping we see a dev response soon.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Well, it’s 8:15am over at Anet HQ, so we should hopefully see a response forthcoming soon

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

This is a terrible bug and I really hope it wasn’t their attempt at “fixing pu”. I bet they will make us wait until after the “feature patch” at the end march before it gets fixed Horrible time for this bug to appear….really screwing with roaming on the new map

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

- Bugs that create an unfair advantage: near-instant fix
- Bugs that destroy an integral part to the class mechanic: fix whenever they fancy

This is game-breaking. When our illusions get destroyed so often in a game where stealth is so prevalent, our class in essence gets rendered useless.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Bump for interest.

Max Gladius.6930

Ballance idea built around this new “feature”

1. Instant reset of all clones, phantasms, and instant reset of all shatters when target stealths…
2. Clones and phantasms do not require an active target to be spawned….
3. Oh and they could still fix the fact that if holding a world object (reflection crystal / banner / or such) no clones are possible to spawn… thats only been broken since launch….

Wonder how fast the forums would light up from that….

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

please fix this anet, this literally destroys the mesmer

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Didn’t noticed the bug, cause I haven’t played since the patch, but wow, this bug is the biggest we have ever seen. Totally destroys the game against thiefs and other mesmers.

This needs to be an emergency for anet…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

They have been at work long enough to have seen this. This is inexcusable.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

How do we know it isn’t intended :O

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Id love to see a fight between two PU mesmers now, all 24 hours of it :p

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

I dont see a problem with this. No more A.I. doing your fighting. maybe you will actually press weaponswap.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How do we know it isn’t intended :O

We dont o___o

From what gather in a quick read (havent played since yesterday), the illusions “die” because they attack a target that no longer “exist” (ie it has no target anymore, the original target is gone/stealthed). Its a basic cleanup function.

This would imply a change in the AI behaviour of summons/pets that is intentional, but they may not have taken into account illusions and the way a Mesmer works. I mean its obvious that Anet dont play Mesmers.

And ENDREBUILD… That’s just a kittened statement. Mesmers rely on their illusions. The entire proffession is balanced around illusions. A Mesmer without illusions is pointless and might as well be removed from the game. We weaponswap because of illusions and playing a Mesmer require alot more weaponswaps than any other class in order to be effective.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Max Gladius.6930

You know… now thinking about it…
I ran Dredge Fractal yesterday…. and the bombs at the door….
Placed Bomb, stealthed, and the bomb went away almost instantly as in the dredge all immediatly retargeted the bomb because I was stealthed and grabbed it instantly….

I wonder if this is some unintended “fix” to thieves running bombs to the door???
They did “fix” the shortcuts into the stage 1 of Dredge with the patches yesterday…
I am still waiting on the video of the Dev team running Dredge Fractal with a ballanced team over lvl 19, especially since they love to “fix” it…

Anyone know what happens to clones on Mossman? I am at work now or I would test it myself…

(edited by Max Gladius.6930)

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I dont see a problem with this. No more A.I. doing your fighting. maybe you will actually press weaponswap.

I would agree with the “now you cant let the AI fight for you” if it was not for 1 thing. Our dmg dealing abilitys and many of our defensive abilitys is based on our phantasms and clones. If our personal dmg abilitys was the same as a thief we could do dmg without spawn ai to fight for us, but now our mian dmg dealing sources is diabled.

Its like say to a thief whos HS, BS and sword evade dont work, “now you need to use your fighting skills to deal dmg”.

Also you missing that some of our defenisve abilitys is based on phantasms, Idefender is supose to clear our connditions if we use it, atm it dont do that as it despawn, idefender is supse to draw dmg to it but its dispelled.

Also, if shatter mesmers lose their clones, what will they shatter?

Your respons is ignorant but I see you have extremly low understanding of the class and I forgive your simple mind for this.

/Osicat

Posted by: ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

Fix this. Thanks. Some of my favorite open world 1v1 fights are against good thieves, not because I completely roll them, but because they are engaging and intense fights. As of this change, not so much.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Being in the Edge of the Mists for a while and now fighting thiefs is nonsense. Their thiefs guilds don’t die until you kill them, but phantasms always disappear.

It’s only a mesmer problem, as our pets are the only ones that die if there’s no target. This bug makes al our mechanics worthless…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: Eggs On Legs.4805

Eggs On Legs.4805

I’m in WvW atm, having to run away when an enemy goes into stealth is not fun at all!

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mesmer class features require clones/phantasms

• Mind Wrack: Destroy all clones and phantasms damaging nearby enemies
  • Cry of Frustration: Destroy all clones and phantasms confusing nearby enemies
  • Diversion: Destroy all clones and phantasms dazing their targets
  • Distortion: Destroy all clones and phantasms gaining distortion for each one shattered
  • Mental Torment: Mind Wrack deals 20% more damage (synergy wasted)
  • Empowered Illusions: Illusions deal 15% more damage (synergy wasted)
  • Rending Shatter: Shattering illusions inflicts vulnerability on nearby enemies
  • Shattered Concentration: Shatters also remove a boon on hit (cant shatter on hit without clones)
  • Confounding Suggestions: Chance to inflict stun whenever you daze a target (lost a class wide source of daze)
  • Phantasmal Fury: Your phantasms have fury (not when they’re dead)
  • Duelist’s Discipline: Increases pistol attack range of your phantasms (see above)
  • Illusionary Defense: Take reduced damage for each illusion you have in the world
  • Vigorous Revelation: Shattering Illusions grants vigor to nearby allies
  • Persisting Images: Phantasms have increased health
  • Compounding Celerity: Move faster for each active illusion
  • Shattered Conditions: Shattering illusions removes a condition from you and allies around you
  • Restorative Illusions: Heal a small amount when you shatter illusions
  • Precise Wrack: Mind Wrack has an increased critical hit chance
  • Confusing Cry: Cry of Frustration grants retaliation
  • Compounding Power: Gain increased damage for each of your active illusions
  • Masterful Reflection: Distortion grants reflection
  • Phantasmal Haste: Reduces recharge on Phantasms attack rate
  • Imbued Diversion: Diversion hits multiple targets

And this list doesnt include other various clone related traits, mechanics, or gameplay based themes.

To give you more of an idea since you obviously can’t comprehend what this means for Mesmer, it’s like taking a thief and removing all his mainhand weapons, then telling him to weapon swap more to compensate for the problem.

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

The team is investigating. Thanks for the reports!

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Wow what a clusterkitten. At this point all you can really do is shake your and sigh.

Here is hoping that this isn’t an intended change and that it gets fixed.

BlackDevil.9268

Great to hear! Let’s hope it will be fixed within the upcomming patch in 1.5weeks! (:…………………..

Posted by: ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

Next patch? This better be hotfixed before this evening.

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Thanks for the response Grouch. Looking forward to a report soon.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Let just keep this <3

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Good to see this condensed into one thread, and that it is being looked into.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Fix moa on MM when you fix this. It’s just as problematic, pl0x! Hard counters are hard counters!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Fix moa on MM when you fix this. It’s just as problematic, pl0x! Hard counters are hard counters!

Yeah they can go ahead and fix it too – not like most of us would care as we don’t use moa.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Yeah they can go ahead and fix it too – not like most of us would care as we don’t use moa.

I know, only kittens do it. Hence why it’d be nice to fix. ^-^

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Short video of it happening.

Have you tested with a second, alternative target for the illusion to shift it’s attention to once it looses the first? The wiki article on Illusions implies they should lock onto another (or be destroyed)
They attack only one foe — generally the one targeted by the mesmer when created — until one or the other is destroyed. If the target runs away, the illusion will lock on the next nearest target” One remark on the talk page also implies this was their behaviour at that time “The trait triggers when the illusion is killed by a foe, when the illusion loses its target and when the illusion is replaced by a newer one

Posted by: Ravenwrath.3860

Ravenwrath.3860

while your at it, phantasms ignore LoS since last patch.

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Is the team investigating with the intent to fix it, or just to get us to stop bugging you guys a la iWarden?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Please don’t change it!

in my opnion this is no bug, but far more of a bug fix, than anything else.
Now clones really work completely, like their disappearing mechanic is intendign them to work what just comes down to the core mechanic of them, that clones simply disappear, once they lose their targets.

Its totalyl irrelevant, how they lose their targets, be it through stealth, or through killign the opponnent.
Both in fact just is the exact same thing to trigger the disappearing of the clone.

I’m absolutely for it to use this as a good attempt to balance the mesmer.
Its a good hard counter to the absurd amount of Clone Spammer Mesmers that rely themself way too much on the A.I doing everythign or them playing basically brain AFK and just making only sure, that always Clones are spammed non stop as best as possible.

A class using a Stealth Skill (Thief, Engineer, Ranger, Mesmer) woould just force finally the enemy mesmer to REACT on a changing situation that they aren’t permanently in the advantage of confusing enemies with their amount of clones always being up everywhere.

Thieves with their stealth also have some kind of hard counter, be it knockdowns, immobilize, fear or just spammign them so fast full with conditions that they can’t cure them away fast enough ect.
Mesmers and their clones need also finalyl some kind of little hard counter.

If somebody stealths, the CLone simply loses its target and thats exactly the same thing, like killing a playe,r the clone loses its target it has had some seconds ago, so it disappears.

Use this chance, theres absolutely nothing wrong with Stealth deleting the clones, there are many possible ways as a compromise to a little rebalance.

I presonally find it interesting if stealth killing clones would result in recharging boosts for the Shatter Skills.

You got stealth erased 3 Clones = Recharging Shatter Skill will recharge 3 seconds 50% faster

You got stealth erased 2 Clones = 2 seconds
….. 1 Clone = 1 second.

Very simple mechanic and surely would make the game more interesting and fun, than to just change that for me personal bug fix back to its old state.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Thats the problem with a ’’freetoplay’’ game. Everything just goes so slow. Especially with ncsoft not allowing arenanet to make expansions. This game gets worse every patch.

It’s not F2P. The the acronym you’re looking for is B2P.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

-snip-

Of course! And remove evades and stealth from Thieves, so they actually need to play properly! Also, don’t forget to remove conditions from Necromancers… as it is now, they only need to faceroll to win any fight! And while you’re at it… Guardians spam too much Aegis, and all that healing! Such a skill-less class. And oh of course, Rangers! They insta-kill you from 1500 units away all the time while their pets make them essentially immortal if you should ever happen to get a hit on them! Oh and…

tl;dr: You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.

Oh, and reducing shatter cooldowns to compensate wouldn’t help at all. You need to have illusions to be able to shatter them. And not every Mesmer uses shatters frequently enough to even benefit from that.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Edit, see @Wasbunny below for the PvE effects of this bug.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

(edited by Bumbler.7581)

Posted by: Psylem.1529

Psylem.1529

Just wanted to say thank you for checking into this promptly Anet as this bug really does hurt a lot of our builds. Also, there sure are a lot of whiners around here…we are better than this fellow mesmers!

Bump

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Saturn, you can keep your unneeded sarcasm for yourself!
If you can’t contribute to this discussion in a constructive way, I suggest you to just stay quite.
This kind of silly sarcasm makes you look just only very immature.

This is no matter of who has more clues, keep this niveauless kitten comparison for yourself, thats not my style!
What I’ve written was just only a little brainstorming based on a suggestion someone else has made here, that I found interesting and by far better, than to just mindless swing the reversal bat too early, only because of some crybabies which believe that each change Anet does to the Game, which they personally don’t like, must be always direct be a bug.

However – by the reaction of Josh, one might think this now to be the case, but even if so, this still doesn’t mean, that out of an unintended bug can’’t come out maybe with some creativity something, that could be better than how the game worked before the change.

I for myself wish me only, some people here would become finally really alot more open minded and would stop to see every tiny change always directly like a little doom of the world .. sheesh

In the end its still regardless of what you or me think over this here.
Its ANets final decision to decide over, what is best for the game and if maybe the Devs find it perhaps also interesting to reiterate over the Clone Disappear mechanic in regard of Stealth…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Max Gladius.6930

Just wanted to say thank you for checking into this promptly Anet as this bug really does hurt a lot of our builds. Also, there sure are a lot of whiners around here…we are better than this fellow mesmers!

Bump

Did you say promptly… and whiners….

It is nearly 18 hours after first post, and they say “we will look into it”…
It isn’t whining… if we do not show full support of each other in forcing them to address the issue….

If anything you are right, we shouldnt need to have 1389 view and 97 posts to get the attention of the staff for a severely broken mechanic in the game… The should have found this during their testing…

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I would like to say that this does not appear to happen when PvE enemies go stealth and might be isolated to PvP. However, my only example is Mossman (whom I fought yesterday): I do not believe that my illusions exploded upon stealth.

When I get home, I will fight one of the jaguars or skelk in Maguuma to see if their stealth destroys illusions.

Just tested this out with some Jaguars and this is happening consistently in PvE as well, so it’s an across the board game breaking bug.

Have to admit it is ironic though that just after threatening a major nerf to ‘clone-death’ builds they somehow introduced a bug that effectively eliminates all builds except ‘clone-death’.

It’s funny but I’m not laughing.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~