infinite files remaining

infinite files remaining

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Hello,

whenever a new build is available, my client decides to mock me. It opens normal and starts downloading the files until it reaches a certain number. It is always random and never the same.

Once the client reaches that random number of remaining files, it crashes. I restart the client and it crashes over and over again. It always “downloads” the same files over and over again, but the crashes at random numbers, then restarts from scratch. Again and again.

At the moment, the client decided the number 1320 to be its favourite. I open the client, start downloading. The number goes down to 807, crash. I restart the client, and surprise we are back at 1320 files left. This is a joke. I go through this madness every update now.

By constantly restarting, crash after crash, I get my new builds running. But it takes ages and is quite frustrating.

[EDIT] Finally completed the update. Took me arround 30 minutes, and countless of client restarts.

Any suggestions?

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)

infinite files remaining

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do you have a crash report? If you post the ‘Crash details’, someone may be able to offer assistance.

Often, it can be another program interfering with the download, such as LavaSoft, etc.

Good luck.

infinite files remaining

Posted by: Xantalas.1732

Xantalas.1732

I have the same thing almost every update. Having it now….
Managed to “bypass” crashes by closing down client very often so update would not have to start over and eventually got there.

(edited by Xantalas.1732)