item missing form inventory!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: iAnima.5391

iAnima.5391

My buddy in my guild sent me 2 Shadow Abyss Dyes. I took them out of the mail slot and made sure they were in my inventory. When i went to deposit it into my account bank, the items were gone. I have checked everywhere and cannot find it. I have look at all my toons, completely checked my account storage multiple times, and look at all guild bank registry. Please help. I have already submitted a ticket but have heard that anet doesnt do much about lost items. I was logged on while they went missing so no one hacked the account and took them while i was logged off or anything.

iAnima.5391

any advice would be great!

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

You could try using gw2efficiency.com with an API key to search your account.

iAnima.5391

i did. and it wasnt there. at first it was there in the character inventory. but when i couldnt find it i refreshed gw2efficiency, and it was gone

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Did you happen to hit the salvage all options on a salvage kit before heading to the bank? Unfortunately dyes are salvagable.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There was a bug, which seemed to be fixed some time back, that items put in (or taken out of) the Guild bank would seem to disappear. They weren’t really gone, but in a sort of limbo and invisible.

The ‘fix’ was either changing maps/logging out, or removing/placing something else in/out of the bank.

You can check if this is the bug you encountered by trying to place a different item in the same spot you placed the dyes. That spot should be unusable.

Good luck.

iAnima.5391

i didnt put it in guild bank. i havent event deposit into account bank yet. i was about to when the item disappeared. ive relogged multiple times. and placed an item in every unused spot in my character inventory and account bank. ive tired it all. thats why im so worried.

iAnima.5391

Did you happen to hit the salvage all options on a salvage kit before heading to the bank? Unfortunately dyes are salvagable.

omg i did!! that mus be it. do you think anet would give me the dyes back?

iAnima.5391

this post is answered. admin pls close

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Do the dyes show up in the salvage all though? Some items are excluded even being salvageable.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More than likely they would, if that is what happened. You can update your ticket and inquire.

Good luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You would have had to “salvage all rares” and the dye would have shown up in the preview, before you clicked the confirmation. “Shadow Abyss” is a rare dye, not fine or masterwork.

(That said and somewhat off-topic: I’d prefer that the limited edition dyes were made to be exotic, so that “salvage all” won’t work on them, among other reasons.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

iAnima.5391

More than likely they would, if that is what happened. You can update your ticket and inquire.

Good luck.

i did update my ticket and told them the truth. i just hope you are right buddy. thanks for all your help

iAnima.5391

You would have had to “salvage all rares” and the dye would have shown up in the preview, before you clicked the confirmation. “Shadow Abyss” is a rare dye, not fine or masterwork.

(That said and somewhat off-topic: I’d prefer that the limited edition dyes were made to be exotic, so that “salvage all” won’t work on them, among other reasons.)

yes i did but did not think anything of the time, bc salvage all rares is kind of second nature to me. I didnt know dyes could be salvaged honestly, mainly bc i dont craft very much.

iAnima.5391

Anyone else had a problem similar to mine? Did return the items? I have heard mixed reviews on this topic.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anyone else had a problem similar to mine? Did return the items? I have heard mixed reviews on this topic.

ANet often replaces items that were accidentally deleted, whether due to misunderstanding a game mechanic or even an admitted player mistake. (Most of the cases where someone has given support a bad ‘review’ have turned out not to be as simple as the person giving the rating described.)

Or put another way, if you reasonably make the case for a reasonable request, ANet is nearly always reasonable about granting it.

iAnima.5391

ANet often replaces items that were accidentally deleted, whether due to misunderstanding a game mechanic or even an admitted player mistake. (Most of the cases where someone has given support a bad ‘review’ have turned out not to be as simple as the person giving the rating described.)

Or put another way, if you reasonably make the case for a reasonable request, ANet is nearly always reasonable about granting it.

I pretty much salvaged it on accident, with the salvage all rares option. Honest mistake. So im thinking they will understand. Its just i accidentally bounded a dye before that i was going to sell, and they said they cannot unbind it for me and give me the dye back. So, thats what im worried. Anyways, thanks for all the response. I feel a lot better now.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Right, there are a couple of situations that they cannot undo. For example, they can add something to the wardrobe, but not remove things — in the case of the other dye, you added it and they had no way to remove it.

In this case, all you got was a few extra color pigments. If they grant your request, they might ask you to delete those (although since they aren’t worth much, maybe not).

Anyhow, wait it out for now. If you get a negative response, let us know here and we can advise you if it’s worth making an appeal (sometimes it is). I don’t think you’ll need to.

iAnima.5391

Right, there are a couple of situations that they cannot undo. For example, they can add something to the wardrobe, but not remove things — in the case of the other dye, you added it and they had no way to remove it.

In this case, all you got was a few extra color pigments. If they grant your request, they might ask you to delete those (although since they aren’t worth much, maybe not).

Anyhow, wait it out for now. If you get a negative response, let us know here and we can advise you if it’s worth making an appeal (sometimes it is). I don’t think you’ll need to.

That makes a lot of sense. Since i got the dye which is the same value as i lost so thats a fair reason to not recover the item. But, since this was an accident and the value difference is way off then i think i have a good case. Well its the weekend so well see on Monday what their answer is. Thanks for all your help.

iAnima.5391

got item back. they were very helpful. props to anet!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

got item back. they were very helpful. props to anet!

Excellent!

Thanks for keeping us posted on the resolution.