melandru commune skill point not working

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: madlydevoid.3147

madlydevoid.3147

The statue of melandru commune skill point in Graven Cay is bugged and the vines will still attack even if the temple of melandru is under pact control. It is my last point i need for map completion.

Posted by: InfectionX.8745

InfectionX.8745

I’m having the exact same problem.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is probably because of this.

Temples of Orr—The cross-map mechanics of these temples will be disabled. Instead, god statues will be active only when the nearest temple is contested.

What that actually means in practice is that to deactivate that particular Melandru statue you need to hold the Grenth temple. There is also a Grenth statue further north that requires you to hold the Melandru temple.

Posted by: InfectionX.8745

InfectionX.8745

No, we had the temple at verdance held both times.The first time we had control of every single temple on the cursed shore.There’s something wrong with the skill-point it’s not deactivating when the temples are controlled.The icon shows the statue at the way-point being uncontested, yet the vines still attack you and prevent commune.

Posted by: TyranosEH.3768

TyranosEH.3768

I’ve had this problem too. Luckily I was a thief and could use Shadow Refugee. This helps and you can commune with the skill point without the vines attacking you.

So the solution for now is having a thief with SR equipped with you.

Posted by: Phil O Crows.7509

Phil O Crows.7509

Same boat, helped get people together get temples near by and still only this statue is dropping vines making skill point impossible, its the very last skill point for 100% for me

Khisanth.2948

Same boat, helped get people together get temples near by and still only this statue is dropping vines making skill point impossible, its the very last skill point for 100% for me

Stealth does work. There are a couple of options even if you are not a thief or mesmer. You could use the experimental rifle plus the ash legion spykit or the harpy feather plus ash legion spy skit. There is also the order of whispers spy kit.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Phil I was having the same problem last week, I had to guest to another server and that sorted it out for me.

As a ranger, stealth didn’t do anything for me due to my pet taking damage from the vines and unstealthing me.

But guesting worked, I hope it works for you.

Khisanth.2948

Phil I was having the same problem last week, I had to guest to another server and that sorted it out for me.

As a ranger, stealth didn’t do anything for me due to my pet taking damage from the vines and unstealthing me.

But guesting worked, I hope it works for you.

Stow your pet first …

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I did… Still had issues with it popping out into combat, despite being stealthed myself.

Pets are still bugged beyond belief. But I guested and got it sorted.

Posted by: TheMjohan.9615

TheMjohan.9615

So A-Net? You ever going to get off your BLEEP and fix this?
I dont normaly say it like that since you usualy are quick to react but this is absolute BS.

From the image attached you can see it.
Inactive statue, thorns, we hold Temple of Grenth that for some reason should be the key to get that skill point.

Attachments:

(edited by TheMjohan.9615)

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Seriously this is getting annoying. Since the Megaserver changeover this has been bugged and im on my 8th toon i am having to log in each day and hope someone kicked the tires the right way.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Mizz Zoree.7640

Mizz Zoree.7640

Same problem here. I see the last post on this thread was 7 months ago. So SERIOUSLY.
No fix yet?
This is my last for 100%. All Temples are held. Map icon indicates uncontested. However vines still appear and interrupt commune.