[merged] Invasion Canceler not advancing...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: henry.1420

henry.1420

My observasion:
If you don’t disconnect at all during the event, stay on the map for the full 45 minutes and participate in each wave, achievement will correctly credit.

There might be flags that say you must be present when each wave is defeated in order for the achievement to progress.

Posted by: MonsterMash.6185

MonsterMash.6185

My achievements are not being added when I complete a map invasion.

I am currently stuck on 3, but I have completed the following:

Frostgorge Sound (20/8/2013 – updated correctly)
Harathi Hinterlands (20/8/2013 – did not update)
Bloodtide Coast (21/08/2013 – updated correctly)
Fireheart Rise (21/8/2013 – updated correctly)
Iron Marches (22/08/2013 – did not update)
Dredgehaunt Cliffs (22/8/2013 – did not update)

From my own logs, I noted Harathi did not update on the 20th, and assumed this bug may have been fixed as Bloodtide and Fireheart updated correctly on the 21st.

However, today I am no longer receiving the achievements for both Iron Marches and Dredgehaunt.

I’m not sure why this seems to have fixed itself and started working, only to revert back to being bugged?

Any help would be appreciated. I don’t mind re-doing the ones that have not updated correctly, so long as I know that they will update when i do them, otherwise I’m spending 45 minutes but not knowing if they will correctly be added to my achievements!

In addition, I have achieved the rewards for each one, just not the achievements.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

For Vorrp’s stuff are you using a character that has done the Closing Ceremony instance and the follow ups for the invasions?

I didn’t realize it could be a problem until a friend brought it up last night.

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

I’m currently at 11/13 and I only have sparkfly left.. I did all other events, stayed for the entire duration and did everything right…

I’m not going to do every event again so how on earth can I fix / know which map is bugged? I’m getting tired of your bugs anet, It just makes me wont to skip living story.

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

I’m also having the same problem as the OP. I know for sure which invasion maps I’ve done because I’ve been keeping a written log of all the ones I’ve done in order to keep myself organized for the achievement.

I just did a map I hadn’t done already (Tim Falls) and it did not update the achievement.

Not only is Invasion Canceler not getting updated, but Worldwide Invasion Responder is also not being progressed.

And Mormegil, you’re not a member of ANet’s staff nor a tech support guy. So please quit trying to tell us that everything is okay just because it’s fine for you, you’re helping nobody and just frustrating those of us affilicted with the bug.

Posted by: Pytr.6139

Pytr.6139

I was at 11/13, with only Gendarren and Fields of Ruin left.

I did Gendarren last night and I’m still at 11/13.

Posted by: Pytr.6139

Pytr.6139

Also, as a suggestion, maybe there should be a checklist that lists the possible maps the invasions happen in, and ticks off which maps we’ve already done. I’m sure there’s already an internal checklist that tracks our progress, so why not put it into a tool tip, similar to those achievements that have multiple tiers. This way, there is no confusion about A.) which maps we’ve done out of the possible 13, and B.) whether or not a map (and the achievement) is bugging out.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I think I have the same issue.. I’ve done 6 invasions now but the achievement in Vorpp’s Field Assistant just doesn’t keep up with them, it was stuck at 2/5 until the last invasion I did last night when it finally went up to 3/5, don’t know how long it will take to go up again at that rate! Certainly doesn’t seem to be advancing properly.

Posted by: DevilFabio.9136

DevilFabio.9136

I have the same problem. I’ve done all the maps twice and still at 12/13

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It is bugged.. husband stuck at 3 and has done 7. Cannot advance in the story because of it.

Posted by: Wikus.7504

Wikus.7504

I may be facing the same issue here.

Maps I have completed:
Fireheart Rise
Iron Marches
Blazeridge Steppes
Frostgorge Sound
Timberline Falls
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Lornar’s Pass
Harathi Hinterlands
Gendarran Fields

So technically I should have 9/13 but I am only sitting at 8/13 at the moment. I will post again to confirm if it is a bug once I have completed one of the other 4 maps.

Maps I have definitely not completed:
Mount Maelstrom
Sparkfly Fen
Bloodtide Coast
Fields of Ruin

I must have made a mistake somewhere. Just finished Bloodtide Coast and it is now 9/13 for me. Although I was quite sure I had completed those 9 maps, now I gotta figure out which one I got to do again. Any easy way to do this other than doing all 9 again (well 7 since I got the Fire and Frost achievement)?

Okay, so after completing Fields of Ruin yesterday and logging off at 10/13 (but should technically be 11/13) , I log in today to find that it is now indeed 11/13 which is accurate to my own count. I’m going to assume a fix was done sometime between then? Although my own issue has been solved, an official response from a dev would still be really nice to clear things up.

Sigh, problem is back again. Just completed Sparkfly Fen which was one of the last 2 maps that I had yet to do. Guess what, still at 11/13. Honestly, why hasn’t there been any sort of official response on this? It’s awfully frustrating. Please at least mention you are aware that there is indeed an issue, so that we know it isn’t a problem on our end, then we don’t have to waste time until there is a fix!

jazzllanna.1278

I don’t see how it could be on your end though. My account is tracking the achievements fine, my husbands is like it is just frozen.

Posted by: Adminir.8140

Adminir.8140

I am in the same boat as everyone else here. I have logged a total of 9 different maps where I completed the portal closure, however, my achievement progress is only counting 7/13 of them.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also, as a suggestion, maybe there should be a checklist that lists the possible maps the invasions happen in, and ticks off which maps we’ve already done. I’m sure there’s already an internal checklist that tracks our progress, so why not put it into a tool tip, similar to those achievements that have multiple tiers. This way, there is no confusion about A.) which maps we’ve done out of the possible 13, and B.) whether or not a map (and the achievement) is bugging out.

Could have been like the kites. Each map its own achievement with Canceler being it’s own meta achievement.

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

I am the same. Got the reward for Timberline Falls but not the achievement so I’m stuck at 12/13. Too bad it’s one of the map that mostly never shows up …

Posted by: Wikus.7504

Wikus.7504

I may be facing the same issue here.

Maps I have completed:
Fireheart Rise
Iron Marches
Blazeridge Steppes
Frostgorge Sound
Timberline Falls
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Lornar’s Pass
Harathi Hinterlands
Gendarran Fields

So technically I should have 9/13 but I am only sitting at 8/13 at the moment. I will post again to confirm if it is a bug once I have completed one of the other 4 maps.

Maps I have definitely not completed:
Mount Maelstrom
Sparkfly Fen
Bloodtide Coast
Fields of Ruin

I must have made a mistake somewhere. Just finished Bloodtide Coast and it is now 9/13 for me. Although I was quite sure I had completed those 9 maps, now I gotta figure out which one I got to do again. Any easy way to do this other than doing all 9 again (well 7 since I got the Fire and Frost achievement)?

Okay, so after completing Fields of Ruin yesterday and logging off at 10/13 (but should technically be 11/13) , I log in today to find that it is now indeed 11/13 which is accurate to my own count. I’m going to assume a fix was done sometime between then? Although my own issue has been solved, an official response from a dev would still be really nice to clear things up.

Sigh, problem is back again. Just completed Sparkfly Fen which was one of the last 2 maps that I had yet to do. Guess what, still at 11/13. Honestly, why hasn’t there been any sort of official response on this? It’s awfully frustrating. Please at least mention you are aware that there is indeed an issue, so that we know it isn’t a problem on our end, then we don’t have to waste time until there is a fix!

Well, I see the topic has been merged, although still no official response.

Anyway, finally completed my last map, Mount Maelstrom, but still stuck at 11/13. Just gonna hope that it’ll magically be 13/13 tomorrow when I login, like it happened earlier for me today (jumped from 10/13 to 11/13).

Unfortunately, I can offer no useful advice to other fellow players suffering from this. Some of the maps don’t appear too often so you definitely wanna take the chance to do it when it appears in the rotation, yet at the same time you feel like you may have just wasted ~40-45 mins for each of the “bugged maps” that you did when you check and discover it didn’t actually count towards the achievement. Very frustrating indeed.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I have the exact same problem. I was able to complete all of the Vorpp-related achievements but stopping invasions in areas I’ve never stopped an invasion in before won’t advance the counter for Invasion Canceler. I’m stuck at 9 out of 13 as well.

MonsterMash.6185

From my own logs, I noted Harathi did not update on the 20th, and assumed this bug may have been fixed as Bloodtide and Fireheart updated correctly on the 21st.

However, today I am no longer receiving the achievements for both Iron Marches and Dredgehaunt.

I’m not sure why this seems to have fixed itself and started working, only to revert back to being bugged?

Any help would be appreciated. I don’t mind re-doing the ones that have not updated correctly, so long as I know that they will update when i do them, otherwise I’m spending 45 minutes but not knowing if they will correctly be added to my achievements!

In addition, I have achieved the rewards for each one, just not the achievements.

My findings updated:

Frostgorge Sound (20/8/2013 – updated correctly) – on 1
Harathi Hinterlands (20/8/2013 – did not update) – still on 1
Bloodtide Coast (21/08/2013 – updated correctly) – on 2
Fireheart Rise (21/8/2013 – updated correctly) – on 3
Iron Marches (22/08/2013 did not update) – still on 3
Dredgehaunt Cliffs (22/08/2013 did not update) – still on 3
Blazeridge Steppes (22/08/2013 updated correctly) – now on 4
Bloodtide Coast (22/08/2013 – already credited with so did not update) still on 4
Timberline Falls (22/08/2013 updated correctly) – now on 5
Sparkfly Fen (22/08/2013 – did not update) – still on 5
Mount Maelstrom (22/08/2013 – did not update) – still on 5
Harathi Hinterlands (22/08/2013 – did not update) – still on 5

The attachments show me getting to 5 and then being stuck there for some of these maps.

I am credited as having done 5 maps. I have actually done 10 different maps. And don’t say you must succeed to be credited as the event was won in Harathi (see screenshot) and no achievement was given.

Please can someone ackownledge this issue as I have screenshots to prove this bug is occuring

Attachments:

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

Happened to me today again in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. I know I didn’t do that one before, because I accidentally left the map the first time I tried it a few days ago and didn’t get back in before the event was over.

Here’s the problem: THIS IS A GATE TO THE REST OF THE CONTENT. Anet, please either fix this or just bump us up to completion of Vorpp so we can run the rest of the event before it’s over.

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

My observasion:
If you don’t disconnect at all during the event, stay on the map for the full 45 minutes and participate in each wave, achievement will correctly credit.

There might be flags that say you must be present when each wave is defeated in order for the achievement to progress.

Still stuck on my last map, was there till the beginning on all waves, Did not disconnect.
Still didn’t get my last map which I’m missing on the achievement

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

I tried the “do an invasion on another character” and it did de-bug my completion

Posted by: Adminir.8140

Adminir.8140

I tried the “do an invasion on another character” and it did de-bug my completion

Debugged it as in displayed all the previously finished bugged events or just finished the single event which had not been accounted for in the past?

MonsterMash.6185

My findings updated:

Frostgorge Sound (20/8/2013 – updated correctly) – on 1
Harathi Hinterlands (20/8/2013 – did not update) – still on 1
Bloodtide Coast (21/08/2013 – updated correctly) – on 2
Fireheart Rise (21/8/2013 – updated correctly) – on 3
Iron Marches (22/08/2013 did not update) – still on 3
Dredgehaunt Cliffs (22/08/2013 did not update) – still on 3
Blazeridge Steppes (22/08/2013 updated correctly) – now on 4
Bloodtide Coast (22/08/2013 – already credited with so did not update) still on 4
Timberline Falls (22/08/2013 updated correctly) – now on 5
Sparkfly Fen (22/08/2013 – did not update) – still on 5
Mount Maelstrom (22/08/2013 – did not update) – still on 5
Harathi Hinterlands (22/08/2013 – did not update) – still on 5

The attachments show me getting to 5 and then being stuck there for some of these maps.

I am credited as having done 5 maps. I have actually done 10 different maps. And don’t say you must succeed to be credited as the event was won in Harathi (see screenshot) and no achievement was given.

Please can someone ackownledge this issue as I have screenshots to prove this bug is occuring

A further update to this:

I have now done Sparkfly. But as you can see my screenshot shows I have gotten the 1 scrap reward, ie. the reward system believes I have already completed Sparkfly today. But my achievements have gone up to 6, indicating this was the first time I had completed the map. based on this I’d say your bug is related solely to the achievement updating and so I’d look in that part of your system for the problem.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

So my invasion canceller is stuck at 7/13, and my friends of fire and frost isn’t advancing at all, stuck at 0/2.

Meaning I can’t get the completionist because of the bugs.

Great

jazzllanna.1278

Sad to see no fix for this in the patch. I hope it is being looked at at least.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Not even a red post yet acknowledging that it’s a legit bug and they are working on fixing it. >_<

C’mon Anet, this is your most recent content, help us out here.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

1 – Gendarryn Fields
2 – Harathi Hinterlands
3 – Fireheart Rise
4 – Dredgehaunt Cliffs
5 – Iron Marches
6 – Frostgorge Sound
7 – Bloodtide Coast
8 – Blazeridge Steppes

I’ve done 8 different areas. Two of them didn’t count as LS says I have 6 completed. One of the two that didn’t count is either Frostgorge or Fireheart because that achievement is at 1/2.

I have no idea which other one didn’t count. Is there anyway the API development can have something we can use to see which one is missing? I don’t want to have to do all 8 again just to see which one other than Frostgorge or Fireheart I’m missing.

After re-reading the first post. Since Frostgorge updated one acheivement for them and not the other it could be both Frostgorge and Fireheart that aren’t working for me. I’m not sure.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey folks,

Just stopping by to let you know that we are investigating these reports.

Once I have any new information, I’ll let you know.

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Looking for some additional information so we can try to nail down the problem.

Can you please let me know if you were on your home server or the overflow when the issue occurred?

In addition, were you able to unlock the map if you did it more than once? Example: If it failed to count the first time but you got credit for the second attempt.

Thanks!

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I noticed mine wasn’t advancing as well. I came to the forums looking for answers. I read that if you switched to a different character it will count.

I switched to another character and I got a ding on a map I done before and it counted towards the achievement.

edit: I was in overflow when it dinged too.

Posted by: CosmicSeeker.3206

CosmicSeeker.3206

I was on home server and completed new map, no disconnect and did not advance achievement count.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I was in overflow at all times. So both those that completed and those that didn’t were in overflow.

Unfortunately I wasn’t watching it close enough to see if repeating it made it count as I don’t know which 2 out of the eight didn’t count. Is there anyway to find out?

I think it might be related to discontenting and then having to reenter the overflow.

Update: I did Sparkfly in the overflow and it updated. There were less people on the map, less lag, and I didn’t dc. I just did Mount Maelstrom and it updated. Both Sparkfly and Maelstrom were areas I had not done before. Both had fewer people in them than yesterday. Both were in overflows. I did not DC during either of these.
I just did Dredgehaunt Cliffs for the second time and this time got credit. I did not DC.

As best I can tell for myself…it may be related to DC’ing at a critical time during the invasion.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

On Frostgorge Sound today, I was in a party with guildies, I believe we were in an overflow. I disconnected midway due to connection issues on my end, rejoined and completed the event (we were successful iirc). Got the reward, but neither Friend of Fire and Frost nor Canceller were progressed.

I went in again an hour later without a party, home server (not overflow), we failed, I got the 1 scrap reward, and that time both achievements ticked.

Xander Moss
Gandara

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Another question: For those that aren’t receiving credit, did you disconnect or swap characters during the event?

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Looking for some additional information so we can try to nail down the problem.

Can you please let me know if you were on your home server or the overflow when the issue occurred?

In addition, were you able to unlock the map if you did it more than once? Example: If it failed to count the first time but you got credit for the second attempt.

Thanks!

Frostgorge Sound, was on home (Maguuma) server. Disconnected a few minutes in (internet died), reconnected and rejoined my party on home server. Event failed. Didn’t get credit for achieves (inc the FS/FR one, still at 1/2), party member did. Got full event reward.

Haven’t been able to catch FS again while online, so no second attempts yet.

(edited by neon.4863)

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Sparkfly Fen
Lonar’s Pass
Timberline Falls
Dredgehaunt Cliffs
Fireheart Rise
Harathi Hinterlands
Blazeridge Steppes – X
Bloodtide Coast
Fields of Ruin
Gendarran Fields

I was on the home server when I did Blazeridge, and it didn’t count. Haven’t seen it come up again during my play time, so can’t test.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Rut.3548

Rut.3548

I’ve gotten credit on Iron Marches (home), Frostforge (home), Gendarran Fields (overflow), and Sparkfly Fen (overflow)

I’ve NOT gotten credit on Timberline Falls (home), Blazridge Steeps (overflow), Sparkfly Fen (overflow), and Fireheart Rise (overflow)

I’ve gotten credit on either Harathi Highlands (overflow) or Lornor’s Pass (overflow) but not the other. It was after those 2 that I started to notice this problem and record this info.

I have gotten in within 10 minutes of the start on all but 1 and have stayed to the end and gotten the rewards every time but not always the achievement credit. On the 1 time I didn’t make it at the start I switched in after it had started.

The only one I’ve had multiple attempts on was Sparkfly Fen where the 1st time I got no achievement credit and the 2nd time I got partial (credit for the Clockwork Chaos achievements but not for the Vorpp achievements which means I’m still not able to advance that story)

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I should have 7/13, but actually have 6/13.
It once did not count and that must have been when I had a disconnect in the last few minutes. I had terrible lags the whole time as well.
I was able to reconnect and also got the full end reward, but no progress for the achievement.
I was on my home world, did not swap characters or did anything different compared to the other times it counted.

Until now I could not try to do the same map again. I am not even sure which one it was, I did not pay attention to it until my bf and me figured out he was one map ahead because he already received portal components and I did not (we did these events together and should have had this achievement progress at the same time).

(edited by Navi.7142)

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I noticed mine wasn’t advancing as well. I came to the forums looking for answers. I read that if you switched to a different character it will count.

I switched to another character and I got a ding on a map I done before and it counted towards the achievement.

edit: I was in overflow when it dinged too.

Ok I got another one to count again.

I was doing them on my warrior to start with for last couple days. I switched to my ele tonight and have gotten 2 more previous maps to count. I have not disconnected or switch characters to get it to work/not count. They counted as soon as I zoned into the map at the start.

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Having the same issues here, though I can’t pin down which map is bugged for me as I’m re doing a tally of everything. All I know is I have 2 left that I really haven’t done, but the achievement is 10/13.

To answer some of Josh’s questions… I have done nearly every single invasion in overflow, I have only been on my main server twice and that was before I even noticed how my last achievement was not progressing. I have not disconnected or swapped characters on any of the invasions I’ve done. The achievement has no updated after doing a map the second time.

The only thing I can think of is doing Gendarren Fields expecting the achievement to progress but it did not. I just assumed it was because I had already done it (had not tracked them manually at this point) but I am about 90% sure that was my first time. It seems a common denominator on some of these posts is Gendarren Fields, I am fairly sure that was a problem map for me.

If it helps none of the other achievements seem to be affected. I have completed everything but this last one.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Just finished the 5pm PST in Sparkfly, should’ve been my 4/5 portal invasion achievement but it didn’t advance.
I stayed on the same map, didn’t disconnect, although I WP’d a lot. It wasn’t an overflow at the time.
Sure would love an update since it’s taken me 3 days to get this far and I would like to get into the pavilion again.
EDIT: This was the second time I finished Sparkfly, but does that not count to the Invasion portal Achiev?
I know it doesn’t count for the 13 map achiev since I already did it.

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

(edited by Lillith.5724)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The only time a zone (Sparkfly Fen) didn’t count for me, was when I disconnected during the invasion, even though I managed to get back to the same zone instance by travelling to a partymember.

It happened on an overflow. I have not tried the same area again since then.

Posted by: NyLuNyLu.3867

NyLuNyLu.3867

I’ve been stuck on 9/13 for the past 24 hours. I’ve been keeping track of what maps I’ve completed and what maps I haven’t. I’ve been only on non-overflow servers and I was never disconnected nor did I change characters.

Posted by: philip.1897

philip.1897

Happened again tonight, the Vorpp achievement is stuck at 4/5 now, I was on my home world, not in overflow,I did not d/c or swap chars. Buddy of mine did the same map with me, and his counted.

You can’t have these issues each patch, I like Guild Wars, but I’m starting to loose interest in your way of doing updates. If you can’t get time limited content close to right, don’t do it.

Posted by: Rut.3548

Rut.3548

I’ve gotten credit on Iron Marches (home), Frostforge (home), Gendarran Fields (overflow), and Sparkfly Fen (overflow)

I’ve NOT gotten credit on Timberline Falls (home), Blazridge Steeps (overflow), Sparkfly Fen (overflow), and Fireheart Rise (overflow)

I’ve gotten credit on either Harathi Highlands (overflow) or Lornor’s Pass (overflow) but not the other. It was after those 2 that I started to notice this problem and record this info.

I have gotten in within 10 minutes of the start on all but 1 and have stayed to the end and gotten the rewards every time but not always the achievement credit. On the 1 time I didn’t make it at the start I switched in after it had started.

The only one I’ve had multiple attempts on was Sparkfly Fen where the 1st time I got no achievement credit and the 2nd time I got partial (credit for the Clockwork Chaos achievements but not for the Vorpp achievements which means I’m still not able to advance that story)

I just completed Timberline Falls (overflow) as a repeat and i got credit for the Clockwork Chaos achievements (up to 6/13) but still only 4/5 for the Vorpp achievements. However, I was able to gather the 3 pieces for the portal devices so it seems like even though it doesn’t look right, the story knows how many I’ve done. After turning in the components, it updated and I’m now 5/5 for Vorpp. But I still don’t understand about not always getting credit for the Clockwork Chaos achievements.

(edited by Rut.3548)

Posted by: Kindayar.1209

Kindayar.1209

This has happened to me in three different zones today. Mount Maelstrom, Timberline Falls and Harathai Hinterlands. Still stuck at 5/13. I was in an Overflow for MM and TF, but not HH. I crashed to desktop for every event. I really hope this can be rectified; it’s extremely discouraging to have spent 3-4 hours on these events to not have them count.

K <><

Posted by: Rakanishu.2980

Rakanishu.2980

Here’s my experience since I had this happen:

I’ve done it successfully on 3 different maps, 2 of them counted for Clockwork Chaos category, none of them counted for Emissary Vorpp.

I was in overflow every time, Jade Quarry. Fireheart Rise and Gendarran fields are the ones that worked on Clcokwork Chaos. When I did Sparkly Fen (probably the one that I was at the longest out of all 3) I didn’t get any credit anywhere for it (we did succeed, by a lot too). The only thing I can think that happened differently with Sparkly Fen was the game did crash during the event, when I came back then I had to join one of my group mates in their overflow. But I don’t think that would be part of the pattern, the other 2 maps I started the invasion by joining groups in other overflows.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How about how many people who went to the map the first time (after the living story status updated) and then tried to go to another overflow, disconnected, or in any way just left the map that they originally started on?

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

So far on personal experience, and that of my guild… there are 2 main patterns that seem to affect this.

1) You crash out/Disconnect – If this happens you do not ever get credit for the zone. Does not matter how much you done before or after returning. You get the completion award but not the achievement. Even if you return to the same server/overflow taht you were originally on it will not count. Only exception seems to be if you can get back into the event inside the first 10minutes (or possibly the first wave).

2) You join the event after the 10minute mark. Everytime someone has come to the event late and thus couldnt get in a fresh overflow I always group up when i can to let them into my overflow. Though they successfully get into the overflow and get the final reward, they do not get credit.

So far it does not seem to be dependant on maps and rather related to the phases of event. My theory however is that if you join the event after the cutoff point for new overflows containing it then you will not get credit.

Posted by: rosey.5309

rosey.5309

here’s an update for mine.

I’ve done all 13…counted and written =p. Currently stuck at 12/13, earlier today was stuck at 9/13, but just after reset it started moving for me and updating, even though i’ve already done all 13 maps twice and all done on overflow.

The few times the game crashed and i got disconnected i had to re-do the events after map was invaded a second time.

So far so good, I should only have Lornar’s pass left, since that was the only map it doesn’t seem to be counting. Let’s see if it works or not.

Also did not switch characters, only got disconnected due to game crashes.

(edited by rosey.5309)