[merged] Invasion Canceler not advancing...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

So we have to just deal with it? Can’t say I am not disappointed because this means I have to do one event and just AFK these places which really cannot be the idea behind the event.

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

So I still have to go back and do all the maps to find my last one? horrible just freaking horrible… fix so that you can checklist all maps in achivement… the fact thakittens not there yet is just bad and lazy work from Anet.

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

Posted by: Savanna.7416

Savanna.7416

Re-doing the maps is not forced to fix the issue, I redid 6 maps yesterday and another one so in total almost 7 hours just doing this hoping to finish and get the one map that didn’t count. People just farming the event now as they already killed Scarlet and don’t care if that part is done for anyone else, they get the same rewards as those trying to do it ‘properly’.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

10/13 here, been doing 3 or 4 invasions every night for 7 days.

No sign of it ever reaching 13/13, seem to get the same maps all the time, and I play at the same time everyday.

Wouldn’t be so bad but it’s up to an hour every time, with the waiting between events.
Leave your PC for 10 minutes and chances are you’ll miss an area you need.

If this finishes on the 3rd of September I can’t see me doing it.

I hope they don’t do stuff like this again.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Savanna.7416

Savanna.7416

Mine updated this morning, I just did Harathi Hinterlands and Dredgehaunt cliffs. Both of which I did before and killed twisted champion etc. Also someone must have spoken to commanders as they were directing ppl to go to twisted minions. Hope this helps someone.

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

Re-doing the maps is not forced to fix the issue, I redid 6 maps yesterday and another one so in total almost 7 hours just doing this hoping to finish and get the one map that didn’t count. People just farming the event now as they already killed Scarlet and don’t care if that part is done for anyone else, they get the same rewards as those trying to do it ‘properly’.

Sad but true, even some with Commander Badges using the badge to get people to follow them and help them out with farming, instead of fighting the invasion as intended.

Still, you will get progress on the achievement even though you don’t fight Scarlet, but would rather complete the invasion and do the events as intended. Maybe stop or considerably lower all drops from Aetherblades or whatever that is finished and not needed anymore to progress?

Posted by: Swarfega.6097

Swarfega.6097

If your going to be working on making achievements easier to track can you please update the Dungeons to show which paths have been completed?

Would be nice if we could also Ctrl click Achievements to show others who far we have progressed.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Still 12/13 completed here, done every map in excess of 5 times over, always in the zone 100% of the time, always complete at least one event per zone, but thanks to farmers we don’t always get to kill Scarlet.

I rarely kill aetherblades or molten alliance unless they’re blocking progress to an adjoining minion area (Gendarran is a good one for this), but then the farmers who started killing minions to progress the event then go on to kill the extras instead of the minions which doesn’t make us get to Scarlet quicker. Effectively it’s divided the forces 50/50 and as more people complete their 13 maps and achievements, the rest of us aren’t going to get to kill Scarlet at the end. Maybe Scarlet needs to be killed, maybe she doesn’t… I’ve heard such mixed responses in map chat with this over a lot of events, and some people don’t get map credit for not killing Scarlet when others do; it feels like such a hodge-podge and there’s a lot of grey area that needs defining.

Seriously what’s it gotta take? I’m at my wit’s end with this and for some reason I really can’t see me getting that 13th map done before the content ends.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

I agree with others – given the situation it seems the sensible thing is to change the achieve to 11 or so. This will account for the bugs, while still making people work for it.

Posted by: Akeron Rotaga.2689

Akeron Rotaga.2689

I did it right now (13/13) with Sparkfly Fen map ,but i can tell you that is totaly crap achiviement… i’m costantly monitorating this post since i got bugged , and I’ve tried every tactic ( overflow,home,doing only minions ,doing only reinforcements).

At the end i got it by doing nothing, i was afk on the map and when i come back Scarlet was up , i killed her ,got my daily Scarlet’s chest and my “invasione canceler”…i was in party with 2 guys on my home istance map, i joined thm on second wave by switching map.
I really don’t know why Sparkly Fen bugged for me ,since event came up i’ve done all my 13 maps first time with full event partecipations (mixing overflows and home) , Unfortunately, I never thought that this achievement can be bugged so i didn’t track my maps , stacked on 12/13 … so i was forced to do thm random again and again.

Posted by: SirPhobos.9281

SirPhobos.9281

The achievement code ‘knows’ which ones we have done, how hard would it be to send out an in game mail to our character to let them know which ones we haven’t completed?

Ideally, for any ‘counter’ type achievements (when it’s applicable), it would be nice to have a 10/13, 3/4 and an expandable list that shows us which 10 of the 13, which 3 of the 4 we have in place. I know it would be useful for the dungeon runner achievements too, even the daily kill varieties.

Posted by: Ell of Good Faith.9416

Ell of Good Faith.9416

First, think your game is brilliant!!! ergo, I play way to much!
But, tracking problems aren’t restricted to just this event. The same thing happened with the diving goggles… stuck at missing one even though I done all twice! And yes, I was still alive (in bathing suit) when I entered the water… No way to tell which one is not being credited. Think it is silly that I have to take out pen and paper to track progress! Seriously?!!! we’re back to pen and paper?? Do the devs really want me to interrupt playing the game to double check my progress toward achievements? I want to play now and check my loot and progress status later, confident that progression shown is accurate. Please and Thanks!

Posted by: hermescragsniper.2713

hermescragsniper.2713

I agree with others – given the situation it seems the sensible thing is to change the achieve to 11 or so. This will account for the bugs, while still making people work for it.

QFT

This is the quick fix that should be done here. As Josh said, trying to fix the core problem will take too much time. Reducing the requirement for the achievement is the way to go

Blackgate

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Please, for the love of all that is good, add a tracker whenever the meta acheevo list is longer than two items! This is especially important for us ‘geriatric’ players whose minds tend to wander and lose track.

Posted by: Inekar.3710

Inekar.3710

Redone all maps participating in all 3 events each time, looked for a twisted champion and killed one on every map, still 12/13.
I don’t care doing the same map 3 times if it is the 13th, but I just want to know which one it is!
The support told me their was no way of knowing that, well, how can the achievement be tracked then ?

Anet guys, please provide a support for the ones like us to let us know which map isn’t validated.

Thanks !

Posted by: esm.2584

esm.2584

I did it right now (13/13) with Sparkfly Fen map ,but i can tell you that is totaly crap achiviement… i’m costantly monitorating this post since i got bugged , and I’ve tried every tactic ( overflow,home,doing only minions ,doing only reinforcements).

At the end i got it by doing nothing, i was afk on the map and when i come back Scarlet was up , i killed her ,got my daily Scarlet’s chest and my “invasione canceler”…i was in party with 2 guys on my home istance map, i joined thm on second wave by switching map.
I really don’t know why Sparkly Fen bugged for me ,since event came up i’ve done all my 13 maps first time with full event partecipations (mixing overflows and home) , Unfortunately, I never thought that this achievement can be bugged so i didn’t track my maps , stacked on 12/13 … so i was forced to do thm random again and again.

i have the same problem like you, i finished 12/13 maps except the Sparky Fen. But completing the event the Sparky Fen do not advance the achievement count.

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

At the risk of being redundant… stuck at 12/13, I’ve done every map multiple times and have done it ‘correctly’ (finished clockwork / clockwork champs) and this achievement still hasn’t unlocked.

Simply put, please either
1) Give players a way to know which map is missing so that they can continue to do it in the hope that the achievement will finally recognize the map
2) Lessen the number of maps needed for the achievement to make up for the poor recognition system
3) Give the achievement to everyone

This is genuinely ridiculous. I play this game to enjoy my time, not to fight against poorly written code.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

Posted by: Akeron Rotaga.2689

Akeron Rotaga.2689

i have the same problem like you, i finished 12/13 maps except the Sparky Fen. But completing the event the Sparky Fen do not advance the achievement count.

Oh i forgot :
for my 3th attempt with my rotation map i used a diferent character, I never thought that Sparkly Fen was my missed map …it was first map from my list and i did it 5 times meanwhile i wait for maps of my track list rotation…

Posted by: Ravenlee.1564

Ravenlee.1564

I’ve been doing around 3 invasions most days since they started appearing, and I’m still stuck on 3/5 for Vorrp’s Portal invasion closer. Looks like I’m not gonna get that one finished. It’s a fun event, but really disappointing that it’s so buggy

Posted by: AnonBackStabber.8536

AnonBackStabber.8536

I suspect this bug has something to do with completing Clockwork Chaos (CC) with dailies, then it no longer increments sub-achievements like Invasion Canceler (IC). I completed CC with IC at 12/13, and in 8 portal runs since (all run for 40+ minutes, 3 defeating Scarlet) it has not incremented from 12 – tried 3 different characters…

Posted by: Jumpers.5069

Jumpers.5069

So I’m not sure if the devs know, but this bug needs some sort of retroactive fix. Yes, retroactive. Sure, you can get your code right, but the players don’t necessarily know on what map your code screwed up.

Either tell us which ones we supposedly haven’t done, or reduce the number of maps we need total for the achievement. Send us a godkitten mail if you have to, with which maps we need.

Posted by: Darkk.3018

Darkk.3018

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

It’s great that this clarifies the problem, but it does not fix it in anyway. This is an incredibly frustrating bug. I’m stuck on 12/13 and aside from Fireheart and Frostgorge (friend of fire and frost achievement done) I have no idea which one I am missing. I made a list the first time and know I’ve done all maps, but because of this oversight of yours, I’ve now had to do each map multiple times. After doing these invasions so much, it doesn’t only get boring, it gets frustrating. Now that we know why, you expect me to go and wait for each map to pop up and do them all again in the hopes that I get that 1/13 chance to get lucky?? This also means I will have to keep checking on the invasion status EVERY hour. What exacerbates this situation is you FORCE us to stay on the main/overflows for almost the whole duration, unless we can get a taxi from friends or guildies. With only 5 days left you’re putting pressure on me to waste a lot of time on guild wars 2 doing something I do not enjoy. It’s become so annoying that I would rather just leave the achievement if it wasn’t for the fact it will stay there FOREVER after this living story has passed. I DO NOT want to have to see that I was always 12/13 for the invasion and knowing I will never be able to get it.

Anet, I am asking you to either tell us what we are missing or make the achievement disappear from our accounts after the story has passed. I’m fed up.

(edited by Darkk.3018)

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I suspect this bug has something to do with completing Clockwork Chaos (CC) with dailies, then it no longer increments sub-achievements like Invasion Canceler (IC). I completed CC with IC at 12/13, and in 8 portal runs since (all run for 40+ minutes, 3 defeating Scarlet) it has not incremented from 12 – tried 3 different characters…

this also happened to me, but i’ve done ALL zones multiples times now, still at 12/13.

anet needs to figure this fiasco out, and come up with an acceptable solution asap.

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

ok … and now ?
I’ve tried to follow all official advices given here … My missing maps (Sparkly Fern and Iron Marches) are still missing for my 13/13 achievment …. What do Anet will do ? Time is running out … I’m tired doing again and again map previously done ….

What about putting the achievment to 10/13 so that we can rest ?

(edited by Lea.6194)

Posted by: Wikus.7504

Wikus.7504

Well, I gave up on any incoming hotfixes for a tracker of some sort as it seems they just don’t understand how time-consuming it can be. So I bit the bullet and repeated 9 maps (thank god I had 4 confirmed ones) and got that elusive 25 AP.

Sounds easy enough, but take into account that since the start of the patch, I have probably completed about 40 maps just to get this achievement, i.e. I wasn’t there to farm Aether champs or powerlevel alts or whatever else. That’s 3 times the amount needed, all that time spent in areas I didn’t want or need to be in, and that’s not even including the amount of hourly checks for maps that I needed. Technically, I had already completed my 13 unique maps by the second day, noting down the maps as I went through them. You see, I try to complete my achievements as quickly and efficiently as possible, precisely because I wanted to avoid the time-wasting bullkitten that I just went through over the last week.

Perhaps I can only blame myself for trusting Anet, by not checking the in-game achievement UI every time I finished a map.

Posted by: Danelin Raelon.1605

Danelin Raelon.1605

A thought occurred to me while I was looking at one of the other bug threads. Is it possible that like the EU server issue, this is latency related? Are a lot of the people posting on this thread at places with high ping times? I’m playing from Japan, and my latency numbers can get bad sometimes.

That said, while finding the problem to ensure something like this doesn’t happen again is definitely a good thing, there DEFINITELY needs to be a retroactive fix for this, and a (rapid) dev. response confirming that there is going to be one.

Really, the response to this point has fallen far short of the customer service expectations of everyone involved on the customer end I think.

Posted by: Jumpers.5069

Jumpers.5069

It may be latency related, but I live in the US, and I have very low ping usually, even though I’m tethering with my phone.

On the other hand, I have had really bad skill lag and such from the Guild Wars servers recently, so maaaybe.

Posted by: The Cow King.3086

The Cow King.3086

How in the hell can you claim you can’t fix a bug because it’s in the code. No kidding, youdontsay.jpeg. This event has been open for over a week now, and this HUGE bug is still completely untouched, and you claim you won’t be able to get around to it? How is that even close to acceptable. I love this game, but out of ALL of the games I have played, the bug fixing on this game is astronomically worse. Runescape of all games had a turnaround time of minutes to days on bug fixes, yet you claim you can’t fix one bug in 2 weeks time? Seriously? I don’t want to replay every single zone 15 times hoping to get credit for possibly the one I’m missing. A chance at a chance. For kittens’ sake, at least put a kittening checklist in there. You can’t tell me a checklist is hard to code.

Posted by: Proeliator.4158

Proeliator.4158

Why you cant fix this problem?I dont have time to repeat all maps because someone is lazy to do some bug fix.Is it really that hard to do atleast checklist of all maps???Should be there from start of this event

Inekar.3710

You guys are harsh with Anet, it is certainly not the decision of one guy to decide what to do, maybe the bug is hard to find, I guess the ones claiming it is so easy to fix it have never worked on a big project.
Josh answered 2 days ago, maybe they are pondering on how to fix this. I’ve had a few to no bad experience with the service Anet offered when something went wrong.
Also, it seems obvious that they do not just employ some guy who does nothing waiting to correct potential bugs. I mean, the programmers and designers have certainly things to do.

I am not saying this to troll or whatever, it bothers me too, I’m at 12/13 and in the same situation as you guys, but be patient, I’m sure they acknowledged the problem at this time.

And… even if we didn’t get it, what would that change ? Didn’t you get the watchknight tonic ? It is only a few achievement point…. Will not give you Eternity

Posted by: The Cow King.3086

The Cow King.3086

You guys are harsh with Anet, it is certainly not the decision of one guy to decide what to do, maybe the bug is hard to find, I guess the ones claiming it is so easy to fix it have never worked on a big project.
Josh answered 2 days ago, maybe they are pondering on how to fix this. I’ve had a few to no bad experience with the service Anet offered when something went wrong.
Also, it seems obvious that they do not just employ some guy who does nothing waiting to correct potential bugs. I mean, the programmers and designers have certainly things to do.

I am not saying this to troll or whatever, it bothers me too, I’m at 12/13 and in the same situation as you guys, but be patient, I’m sure they acknowledged the problem at this time.

And… even if we didn’t get it, what would that change ? Didn’t you get the watchknight tonic ? It is only a few achievement point…. Will not give you Eternity

It’s not a “few,” it’s 20 achievement points, which is quite a lot for people that care about their total points (that makes a big difference for high-ranked people). But yes, any company whose entire business revolves entirely around code, should probably have a number of people dedicated to debugging said code.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

can someone pm me what the specifics of this bug preventing progress on the invasion canceller achievement is as i am also having an issue with mine. i realise it is probably discussed somewhere in this topic but it is so many posts i cant focus on it long enough to get there. the help would be appreciated.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Danelin Raelon.1605

Danelin Raelon.1605

Given that they have given a response with a workaround that isn’t working reliably for the people who DO have time to re-do all 13 maps, and they have un-stickied this thread and are trying to let it fall off the radar, it seems that their response is to ignore it and wait for people to be fixating on the next round of inevitable living world bugs caused by them trying to push up their schedule too far.

I’m not unwilling to give them ‘some slack’ when they give good customer service responses to problems. Unfortunately, their response to this problem so far hasn’t been one, and as someone who waited anxiously for release, pre-purchased, bought gems, encouraged many friends and even new acquaintances I discovered were gamers to play the game, I’m taking this particular response (that really boils down to a lack of one) rather harshly.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

Given that they have given a response with a workaround that isn’t working reliably for the people who DO have time to re-do all 13 maps, and they have un-stickied this thread and are trying to let it fall off the radar, it seems that their response is to ignore it and wait for people to be fixating on the next round of inevitable living world bugs caused by them trying to push up their schedule too far.

I’m not unwilling to give them ‘some slack’ when they give good customer service responses to problems. Unfortunately, their response to this problem so far hasn’t been one, and as someone who waited anxiously for release, pre-purchased, bought gems, encouraged many friends and even new acquaintances I discovered were gamers to play the game, I’m taking this particular response (that really boils down to a lack of one) rather harshly.

It’s just sad that their ‘fix’ is for the end-user to find a pen and some paper and make a list of the maps they’ve already visited and try to remember if they beat Scarlet there or not.

I (like you) have recommended this game to friends despite a rocky start for me in beta when I almost asked for a refund tbh and it disappoints that fixes to display a characters age in days rather than months can get pushed but not resetting the achievement level. I understand that adding a list of “completed” to the tracker panel would take time and the event ends on Monday, so the Dev’s are between a rock and a hard place with that. But then we did get Wintersday in July one year in GW1 because of server problems :P

However, what will remain long after the event (as well as the taunting 12/13 for so many players) will be the nasty feeling that it’s more important to ANet to have Living World stuff at any price whether it functions accurately or not. At that point – perhaps people might feel “Pffft – another Living World – that won’t work properly – gonna go … instead”

Edited to add 30/8 :
I got my Invasion Canceller achievement about an hour ago. Killed some Champions on Iron Marches (about my 4th invasion there) – didn’t stop Scarlet (didn’t even see her) and closed some portals then next thing ‘ping’ I’d got it. This is one of the weirdest achievements and it’s frustrating my friend something rotten – please make notes ANet :P

(edited by muni.4830)

Posted by: Dragonstar.7809

Dragonstar.7809

I am also stuck on 12/13 for the achievement. I have done every map twice over the past 4 days. I have DCd on a few maps and inlue of the information provided, have always come back and closed more portals in the zone and killed champs-not pirates or flame but clockwork champs. I made a zone list and completed each of the 13 zones concentrating on portal closures (at least 4-5 per map) and killing clockwork champs. Not sure as to what the counting issue is, but I agree that the achievement should have had a zone list in black when successfully counted it should turn green or have non counted areas in red. this would greatly reduce the amount of frustration for players who are trying (like me) to find the one zone for the achievement-a needle in a haystack so to speak. Home world is Dragonbrand and many of the zones were completed in overflow to date. I always stay till the bitter end of the long event. hope you guys can figure this out. DS

Posted by: Asukla.3654

Asukla.3654

Done all 13 maps, and repeated many of them but still stuck at 12/13 maps complete.
The only one I miss is Mount Maelstrom, i repeated that map 4 times, focusing on minions events, but still not working the achievement :\ I’ve lost several hours trying to takemy only missing map.

I really hope Anet will gives us the lost achievement, this story is quite frustrating…

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

12/13 STILL after another night of repeating maps, this is a terrible event.

Getting really bored with it now.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

Mine updated today as well. This was after Iron Marches which I have probably done about four times before. I don’t understand it at all, but at least it’s over with. Glad to hear they will improve how achievements like this will be tracked in the future.

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Meh, sod it.. I’m gonna farm aetherblades and make some cash and hopefully I’ll get the 25 achieve pts by some lucky twist of fate or buggy game mechanics…

Posted by: WILDHEART.6572

WILDHEART.6572

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

Let’s make it short,
I did all the maps a lot like all other people here[not once or twice but a few times on a single map], it get stuck at 12/13.
I read this forum, followed Josh Davis post as above and re-do all the maps and yet it is at 12/13. It is getting annoying and disappoint that we have to suffer this torment.

I submitted a ticket. Getting tired of this programmer’s side problem. Kindly do something about it or give us a reasonable way to get it done for this achievement.
No offence to Josh Davis post but whatever you say does not work out.

I am hope-ing that the answer to my ticket or to the general public is more reason for this event not “In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.”
there is no point saying future if this current event is not resolved.

Now as I am replying to this post, I am still struggling with this event.

Posted by: Seraph.9635

Seraph.9635

Why is this unstickied?! There was no bug fix, no map tracker, nadah! Help us ANet. come on

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Meh, sod it.. I’m gonna farm aetherblades and make some cash and hopefully I’ll get the 25 achieve pts by some lucky twist of fate or buggy game mechanics…

You honestly wouldn’t credit it… I was doing Blazeridge Steppes a few hours ago and just kicking back killing minions, aetherblades and MA alike, and figuring that I wasn’t going to get credit for anything on this map because I made a note of all the maps I had done, and Blazeridge was on it. There was only one that I had doubts about, and that was Fireheart Rise (where I had a disconnect, but managed to rejoin the instance).

Anyway we finish the event, didn’t get to kill Scarlet because we ran out of time as usual, and then I see an achievement pop up on the right side of the screen. I figured I did something that attributed to the daily progress, but no… those elusive 25 achievement points managed to finally show up.

Blind luck, buggy game mechanics, all of the above… but I do hope a dev has a resolve for this soon.

Attachments:

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Eh. At start of event i didnt know, that this would be such trouble, so I just runned on invasion and comleted em. Then i got stuck at 5/13, so I read the forums and dev said, that u have to kill twisted champ to complete achiv. I redone all maps with killing him and now I have 12/13. I was sure, that last map i needed was sparkly fen. But…after i Finished it, i still have this kitten ed 12/13.

Dunno what to do now

Posted by: Seraph.9635

Seraph.9635

I finally got it on Iron Marches (guested on TC but ended up in overflow) after grinding all the maps over 4 days, and 3-5 invasions per day.

i made sure not to switch overflow maps and killed at least one Champion Twisted minion and closed at least one portal in each invasion meta-event. Once I had done so, I would AFromK in a safe point while I did my RL stuff (and to lessen the possibility of a disconnect) and came back to claim the final reward. i didn’t manage to kill Scarlet for Iron Marches cuz we did not finish the final wave but I still got the Invasion Canceler achievement. WPing around on the same map also did not disrupt my getting the IC achievement.

To those who are still stuck, keep tracking and keep on trying. I sincerely wish you all the best!

(edited by Seraph.9635)

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

Nice one Seraph – I got mine on the same invasion – there’s no sense to this one :P – still well done though!

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Is there any chance this is going to get ACTUALLY addressed, ANet? Because expecting all your players to just grind more until the system decides to throw them a bone is not acceptable. I have a job, and I can only play this game a few hours each day. I already devoted my entire day last Sunday to this nonsense and am still stuck at 12/13. Seriously, just lower the requirement for the achievement to 11 maps and be done with it. The playerbase should not suffer for your shoddy implementation.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Posted by: Asukla.3654

Asukla.3654

Can’t belive that after more than 24 hours in Mount Maelstrom there still not any Clockwork Chaos event…
This event was badly organized, really. There are people who can’t stay connected 12 or more hours each day.

I agree with DaMunky especially because Anet bugged this achievement.

It would have made more sense create shorter events (45 minutes of event is terrible, Jesus…) and maybe also a schedule with the order of appearance.

I really hope Anet will do something for all people who stuck at 12/13 because of all bugs.

Posted by: svtdragon.6948

svtdragon.6948

Just another ditto here. I got to 11/13 without tracking them at all. At that point, I really felt like I had done them all. I went to Iron Marches (again) and got 12/13. Since then I’ve written down every map I’ve done, and I’m now certain I’ve done all 13, several upwards of 3 times. If I submit a support ticket for this, is it possible to find out which one I haven’t gotten credit for?

Inekar.3710

Just another ditto here. I got to 11/13 without tracking them at all. At that point, I really felt like I had done them all. I went to Iron Marches (again) and got 12/13. Since then I’ve written down every map I’ve done, and I’m now certain I’ve done all 13, several upwards of 3 times. If I submit a support ticket for this, is it possible to find out which one I haven’t gotten credit for?

I tried already, got the answer that there is no way of telling us which map is missing…

Posted by: Niblit.7452

Niblit.7452

Ok, i was stuck at 12/13, got tired of doing invasions randomly to get the one i missed so i wrote down a list of the maps, with a lot of patience i did each and every one of them (doing events, killing champion clockwork minions, etc.) checked every map of the list once i had completed it…. replayed all the 13 maps – again – (took a lot more than 13 hours due to the randomness) and guess what? I’m still stuck at 12/13!!!!
FIX THIS!!!!!!!!