missing challenge mote

missing challenge mote

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wakko.2078

Wakko.2078

Not sure if how it was design or not, bug if you’re party with someone who already have “Dancer in dark”achievement, the challenge mote don’t appear, even if he’s not in the instance.

Exemple: you’re on a party on the same map with someone with the achievement, mote won’t show up even if he refuse to join in. This won’t happen if you’re not in the same map and he don’t get invitation to join the story.

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

Well it seems to be even worse – I am not in a party but it is still missing (I do not have the achievement yet).

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Fizzlestyx.9013

Fizzlestyx.9013

same here. finished tangled paths story on 2-80s. have all achievements done except dancer in the dark – not in a party – and no challenge mote.

edit: there is a challenge mote for 1 character, not the other.

(edited by Fizzlestyx.9013)

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

there is another post on this “Dancer in the Dark” peeps have the same problem mote does not appear in their instance. nor mine

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

missing challenge mote

Posted by: OrcishFury.1058

OrcishFury.1058

I’ve noticed that if you pick up the flamethrower at the beginning the mote will not appear. Go as far as speaking with caithe, the mote should appear afterwards. Sorry for potato writing. Using phone

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I had this issue as well: Solo, no party, entered purple instance for achievements.

Had all 3 achievements eligibility. No challenge mote anywhere to be found.

I restarted three times, with no luck.

After completing the Light ’em Up achievement and entering the instance again, the challenge mote magically appeared.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What worked for me is guesting to another server.

(Obviously, there is no reason this should work, since (a) you are always on a megaserver and (b) in the silverwastes, chances are you get a new map each time. Still, I don’t question the results: I tried 8 times without luck, only succeeding after guesting. Thanks to Inculpatus cedo, who suggested this.)

(Bumping because the non-appearing challenge mote is sometimes still an issue.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

I finally went to do this achievement tonight, and it’s still broken, seriously, wtf anet, fix this crap before you move on to another living story.

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Castaa.4720

Castaa.4720

I think I found a work around for the missing challenge mote for dancer in the dark achievement. If it is missing simply log in a different character and then go back to the previous character that’s missing the challenge mote and try again. This always allows the mote to show up again.

(edited by Castaa.4720)

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Erin Ravenseeker.2186

Erin Ravenseeker.2186

Well not always it turns out. I have the same problem now, no challenge mote. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. Guested, changed characters (none of them have it) and partied with someone else in their story instance … it disappeared for them as well, even though they previously had no issues. This is of course a blocking issue, bug reported, zero expectation that Anet will fix any time soon, or even read this.

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Erin Ravenseeker.2186

Erin Ravenseeker.2186

Bug still exists, still no response from Anet. Guys, this is blocking, please let us know the status.

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

I think I found a work around for the missing challenge mote for dancer in the dark achievement. If it is missing simply log in a different character and then go back to the previous character that’s missing the challenge mote and try again. This always allows the mote to show up again.

This worked for me too.

I had tried everything else – logging off, restarting the game, guesting to a different server – none of that worked. Then after reading this post I started the game with a different character and then switched over to the one I needed for this achievement – and only then the challenge mote finally appeared.

missing challenge mote

Posted by: jcluzio.6207

jcluzio.6207

One workaround that worked for me was to finish the mission, left the instance and tried again, and the mote appeared.

Good luck with the achievement!

missing challenge mote

Posted by: Red River SJ.3217

Red River SJ.3217

Worked for me as well. I closed the game, logged into a different character, then logged back into the character I wanted to do the achievement with and the challenge mote was there.