names of transmuted items all wrong

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

The names of my transmuted weapons and armors now are named after the weapon the stats r taken from, and NOT anymore the weapon where the skin was taken from.

Horrible, just horrible.
For example, my Lionguard staff with shaman stats is now called a Shaman Norn staff.
The icon and looks r still correct though, they look like a Lionguard staff.

EDIT: oh my gawd, my Wings of the Sunless is now called a Rabid Spineguard of Emerald O.O :-(

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: BINIU.9173

BINIU.9173

furthermore transformed item “mad memories: complete edition” does not show its description “Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”
Mad King Thorn-

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Same. Rune suffixes are no longer added to some items. I will wait patiently.

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

Armors or weapons transmuted weapon’s names are all wrong

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is a serious issue. Please fix, ANet!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

also would like a fix. Its also frustrating that if we have a transmuted item we only unlock the skin of the stat item. Most of my unique/rare/cool skins are transmuted with better stats. This means I can add non of them to my wardrobe . . .

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

I transmuted my Ilya weapons (I made two of whichever is the cheapest) and the names are silly now, but I can transmute to that skin. It shows up as Chaos Gun though. I wish!

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Welgaia.7523

Welgaia.7523

Please revert this. Part of the reason for transmutation is to get the skin’s cool name as well!

My SAB/Tribulation skins will never have their names since there are no base weapons, only skins.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yeah, I have 3 different transmuted backpieces (Wings of the Sunles, Holografic “whatever” Wing and another one) all with the same name now (a cheap lvl 70 backpiece that I can’t recall which name). Also, after transmutation they became rare, now one is masterwork.

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

Agreed, names should come from the skin, not the base item.

Posted by: WingedVictory.9013

WingedVictory.9013

Adding my voice since I have Azureflame trasmuted before this patch and now it’s Pearl Stinger. Plus my Enduring Coat doesn’t have the cool name and flavor text… and my human cultural armor isn’t correctly named ;_;

And my reading glasses are now “Emblazoned Helm” >.>

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

As I posted in another thread, not only does this change make all my weapons have lame-kitten names, there’s a functional problem too in that the right-click to equip menu is made completely useless.

I selected different skins for each of my swords so that the names would be different, and now they’re all “Zojja’s Blade”.

Attachments:

shadow.6174

there’s a functional problem too in that the right-click to equip menu is made completely useless.

I selected different skins for each of my swords so that the names would be different, and now they’re all “Zojja’s Blade”.

I have the same issue but with my backpieces, all them are named the same now.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Has this been confirmed as a bug anywhere? If it’s a change, it’s a horrid one and needs to be reverted.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It’s a change not a bug. If you hover your mouse over the item you will see “Transmuted ____” stating what is transmuted ontop of it. It’s a really stupid change but it’s not a bug unfortunately.

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

It’s a change not a bug. If you hover your mouse over the item you will see “Transmuted ____” stating what is transmuted ontop of it. It’s a really stupid change but it’s not a bug unfortunately.

This HAVE to be a bug, you clearly don’t understand what the name switching does to a lot of unique skins, it made them horrible and not fun to use/ping. Ex: Fractal skins aren’t fractal weapons anymore, they’re “berserker’s pearl crap” Backpieces are also ruined, and all the gemstore skins too, since you have to transmute them, they don’t have stats in the first place

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this is a bug, this is certainly no intended, and most not welcomed,
and needs to be fixed.

please.

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

I sure hope this is a bug/not working as intended.

I like my mix-n-match amrour sets and often had people asking me to “ping” my gear to them, which of course is completely pointless now as it’s taking it’s name from the ascended set I crafted as opposed to it’s appearance, and thus is of no help to anyone interested in my look.

Also I don’t particularly like Zojja so I’m not keen on having her name plastered across my gear.

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

There could at least write a confirmation if this is a bug or intended.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Come on ANet, I’m counting on you to change this. ;~; Every time I login my Ranger, I’m reminded it’s called Molten Longbow and not Wings of Dwayna. Or my Mesmer and read Inquest Sword rather than Infinite Light.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

They’re probably buried in these problems and trying to dig through them with fixes. Someone to say "got it, working on it" would have to be stuck here full time and would be one less person trying to unbork things.

But yeah, this is annoying.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: WingedVictory.9013

WingedVictory.9013

Doesn’t take too long to read forum posts in one bug report section… I’d be ~elated~ if they just said something.

And I strongly agree with Dehuang, having transmuted before patch:

This HAVE to be a bug, you clearly don’t understand what the name switching does to a lot of unique skins, it made them horrible and not fun to use/ping. Ex: Fractal skins aren’t fractal weapons anymore, they’re “berserker’s pearl crap” Backpieces are also ruined, and all the gemstore skins too, since you have to transmute them, they don’t have stats in the first place

Posted by: Tsunami.4751

Tsunami.4751

Fix this asap, really…
its sooo important to us!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is not likely to be a bug, but it still needs to be reverted asap.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I would appreciate it if the display worked the other way around: showing the transmuted skins name and any applicable descriptions proper how it used to show.

Where with the bottom part where it says that the item is transmuted, describes what the original skin is.

Example:
Ebon Vanguard Staff of Chuck Norris
Stats
Superior Sigil of Chuck Norris
Superior Sigil of I Win
Lol Ascended AR Slot

Transmuted
Pearl Quarterstaff

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

This is not likely to be a bug, but it still needs to be reverted asap.

This has to be a bug though – why does it make sense that name of the weapon/armour would be tied to the stats and not the skin… as the skin/look of the gear (+ sigil/runes) is what gives the weapons/armour their names?

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’s mostly not fair because there are many things that we can’t avoid but use Skins/Transmutaion such as:

My Quaggan Backpack says [Backpack Straps] now instead of [Green Quaggan Backpack]

HoM equipment is another example – saying [Mighty Country Coat] instead of [Heritage Coat]

Black Lion Ticket skins such as [Honing Iron Greatsword] Instead of saying [Chiroptophobia]

Luckily, (ordinary equipment) my [Lyss] & [Ilya] have not changed as I wanted those PURELY for the name, and I’ve got advanced warning now not to transmute them onto Ascended pistols as I definitely don’t want to lose the names of my [Lyss] & [Ilya] (because it looks cool when you tag them in /map chat! )

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Luckily, (ordinary equipment) my [Lyss] & [Ilya] have not changed as I wanted those PURELY for the name, and I’ve got advanced warning now not to transmute them onto Ascended pistols as I definitely don’t want to lose the names of my [Lyss] & [Ilya] (because it looks cool when you tag them in /map chat! )

Also, this becomes an issue too, because people with Exotic equipment are now choosing whether to keep the name of their exotic weapon and lose out on stats, or lose the name and get better stats, but with an ascended weapon’s name.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

shadow.6174

Example:
Ebon Vanguard Staff of Chuck Norris
Stats
Superior Sigil of Chuck Norris

Lol, loved that. But yes, another issue is when choosing it via right click on Hero panel. Now all my backpieces shows the same name and if it wasn’t due their rarity I couldn’t differentiate them (that’s another issue, one of them had became “rare” after transmutation and now it shows as “masterwork”).