no precursor drops

no precursor drops

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: scorpius the sly.7940

scorpius the sly.7940

I have been playing gw2 since 3 day headstart and I have had to buy everything with in game gold / I have never ever never ever ever ever got a precursor drop for me. which I find to be ridiculous when I know people that get like 2 or 3 a month. also I used nine bday presents for my nine characters since bday one and also magic find boosters etc etc etc.. so my issue what gives and is there something wrong thanks for any help from anyone / also sorry for misspellings and poor punctuation I am just typing and not trying to be all like school correct or anything

thanks again for any help on the matter
anet please fix this issue

p.s. there are people in my guild also that have same issues and I am sure there are more

no precursor drops

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

also sorry for misspellings and poor punctuation I am just typing and not trying to be all like school correct or anything

Think i just found a new Signature

P.s Not a bug.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

no precursor drops

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, that’s not a bug, unfortunately.

no precursor drops

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I doubt anyone gets 2-3 precursors per month from drops. I belong to a 400+ person WvW guild and I don’t think the entire guild sees even 2 precursors drop each month.

The odds are really, really low so that unless you are killing thousands of foes each week, you’re unlikely to see any drop.

The other possibility is that you are hearing about people who combine rare weapons in the mystic forge. A tiny number of players do this and they will see several precursors drop, but this requires tens of thousands of attempts, which in turn requires buying or crafting huge numbers of rares — it’s both tedious and time consuming.

Your best bet if you want a precursor is to save up for it; most of us spend most of the coin we earn. One trick for reserving the coin is: take as much gold as you can afford and put in a ridiculously-low buy order for the one you want, e.g. 5 gold for The Legend. Next time you have another 5g, take down the buy order and put up a new order for 10g and just keep doing that until you have enough to make a reasonable offer. Even if you don’t play much, you’ll still have enough gold before the end of the year.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

no precursor drops

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

i dunno if this is true but i heard some one say that some guildwars 2 accounts are actully rigged to get more rare finds than others to balance the market system out ive known players in my old guild getting 2 or 3 precursers i know this much. maybe somthing to do with the cd key you get when you purchase the game just somthing i heard in the past

no precursor drops

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i dunno if this is true but i heard some one say that some guildwars 2 accounts are actully rigged to get more rare finds than others to balance the market system out ive known players in my old guild getting 2 or 3 precursers i know this much. maybe somthing to do with the cd key you get when you purchase the game just somthing i heard in the past

There’s no truth to this at all: everyone (with the same magic find) has the same odds. And, as in real life, some people will be luckier than others.

Increasing your magic find, via luck, consumables, and other boosters will make it more likely that you see more rares, but it won’t guarantee anything.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”