not getting credit for kills pve or pvp

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Not getting credit for kills on events and in pvp in WvWvW.

I think its because I’m a mesmer and so my dmg ramps up, I participate as much as everyone else, but dont get much credit as it appears you have to do a certain amount of dmg…as most of my dmg is conditions or shatters, thats just not feasible in a zerg or an event.

So I get sod all Xp, kills or whatever. Please fix as right now unless you are an aoe burst profession its pointless.

Also, give mesmer a passive speed incread, events are over before I can reach them sometimes as the group just gets so far ahead!

Posted by: Nokturnal.8973

Nokturnal.8973

Yea i find that problem a lot too, unless i’m fighting a group event boss, it takes time for mesmer damage to achieve max dps. I guess you could call it a dot oriented dmg class with little to no burst dmg which makes doing events really obnoxious as even though you’re buffing the hell out of everyone you’re not getting credit for helping.

It provides the same problem as trying to heal during an event, you don’t get credit for healing.

Makes ya just want to roll a thief and spam your instant burst dmg during events and get credit for EVERYTHING.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Yea i find that problem a lot too, unless i’m fighting a group event boss, it takes time for mesmer damage to achieve max dps. I guess you could call it a dot oriented dmg class with little to no burst dmg which makes doing events really obnoxious as even though you’re buffing the hell out of everyone you’re not getting credit for helping.

It provides the same problem as trying to heal during an event, you don’t get credit for healing.

Makes ya just want to roll a thief and spam your instant burst dmg during events and get credit for EVERYTHING.

and also get to stealth and run away ridiculously quickly…….

Posted by: amyty.6389

amyty.6389

I try to run a support ele during events, dropping group heals whenever they recharge. During events where I do a lot of healing, even if I’m there from the outset, I sometimes only get a bronze contribution. It doesn’t feel very fair, since of lot of those damage dealers wouldn’t be doing much damage if it weren’t for their support-specced characters helping to keep them alive.

I agree, this issue could do with a little more balance, or at least greater recognition of what constitutes a contribution.