party chat disappears as soon as leave party

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

My party chat disappears as soon as I leave the party. Additionally I made a test with someone yesterday:

1. I invited him to party
2. wrote a bunch of text
3. left party

Expected: party convo remains in buffer
Actual: All I wrote is now gone. If anyone wrote anything at all in party, I don’t see it anymore. No map travel involved.

icy`

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Well, I don’t know if it’s intentional or a bug, I just know it has been that way for ages. :/ Pretty annoying. Once I even missed a chance to report someone and screenshot their nasty chat because I left party quickly and then when I realized I could report them the party chat was gone >.<

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

It seems to be the same for everyone.

Originally guild chat was the same too but they fixed that to some extent.

Actually it would be really nice if they did this to gold seller spam after you block them, it would be logical to add the report option to block too.

shadow.6174

It seems to be the same for everyone.

Originally guild chat was the same too but they fixed that to some extent.

Actually it would be really nice if they did this to gold seller spam after you block them, it would be logical to add the report option to block too.

Hmm, what do you mean? As far as I know you can always report someone by right-clicking their name in any chat tab.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Before chat would stay until you changed map, and then it would disappear. Vanishing instantly now though is messed up.

@shadow, serious is asking for a report option on the same thing you block from, so you don’t have to go back and report them separately. Which, if blocking them immediately removed the chat, this would be something needed I think. However, I always report then block anyways.

shadow.6174

I see, although as far as I recall blocking someone never removed chat for me, I could always scroll back up and see the chats from who I blocked. Not sure if I got the point. Do you mean like having a “block and report” option where your report and block at once instead having it through 2 actions?

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yeah that is what has been asked for multiple times.
I don’t care, but would like better options for reporting, since it seems so many people still don’t know to report for botting for pretty much anything that doesn’t fit the others.