pinnacle weapons making me feel sick

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: rivurivurivurivu.3041

rivurivurivurivu.3041

not sure if this is the right forum
I was looking at some weapons in the garderob and i found the pinnacle weapons. They make me feel sick when i wield them in the preview window and rotate my character.
This happens only with them and this is the first time somehting like this happens to me in a game.
I have all my graphic settings in low, native and LOD is the only box active.

Is there a way to fix it ? dont want to see them again, cant imagine how sick i will feel if while stading in a bank while zoomed in and someone with one of those stands next to me and halv my monitor looks like that.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

Good to see I’m not the only one. Luckily those skins are awarded at 28k+ AP, so not to many people will have them anytime soon.

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

this is probably related to the diffraction gradient effect on the weapon.

on a related note, you wouldn’t be prone to seizures, would you?

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Anet should rework them completly anyway. Most ugly weapon set in this game.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i think i would never use them either when i reach the needed AP..
but i guess some other may like it…
at least the hellfire sets can look really kitten when completed (light + medium at least)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They certainly don’t make me sick, but they do hurt my eyes a bit if I look at them for a while from certain angles. So I guess I can see how they might bother some people even more.

That said, they only do the “pulse effect” which I assume its what causes the problem when they’re drawn (not when sheathed) so it wouldn’t really be anything to worry about from people just standing around. They’d also likely be much further away, which would lessen the effect I imagine.

Plus, since they require so many AP its unlikely that they will ever become particularly widespread.

I’m not really sure these weapons are “finished” anyway, honestly. There are a few oddities with them, like the fact that the torch gives off no light source and has no flame or anything else making it resemble a torch (it looks nearly identical to the scepter at this point), the pistol’s grip moves around in odd ways (bends and stretches) and the warhorn pulses its colors when sheathed. So maybe they will go and do a pass over them and touch them up a bit when it gets to the point when anyone will actually be getting them. Maybe they’ll alter the effect a bit while they’re at it and make it less straining.