quest "Rumors of Trouble" works as intrended?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GrimmGhost.8047

GrimmGhost.8047

Hi!
I would like to know if “Rumors of Trouble” quest should be this hard? really? It’s a 11lvl quest and you are throwing at me 3 waves of mobs, all with AOE that kills with one shot! All NPC’s that should help me are dead in less then 15 sec! (they don’t run from AOE).
I would just skip that q, but it’s part of my storyline…

Posted by: Jeffrey.4035

Jeffrey.4035

What class/level are? What quality is your gear? Difficulty is extremely subjective, so the more info you can provide, the better.

Posted by: Irdin.1743

Irdin.1743

This is something I’m hearing from Rangers, Warriors, Guardians and Elementalists. The others may be having issues as well but I’m only speaking for the ones I’ve played (Ranger) and helped others with.

I’ve gone into this story point at the game advised level with matching gear and again later at level 16 with matching level gear.

This story point seems a bit over powered.
The NPCs that join you tend to die quickly and are of little use.
The Imp Boss at the end has spawned along with the altar next to the corpse of Eir and Garn which makes resurrection almost impossible.

These are the tips that have worked best for me.

1 – Stay away from Varg. You can't defeat him so don't waste time and cool downs on him. [/spoiler] 2 - The bulk of the battle will take place between [spoiler]Varg and the entrance to the homestead building. Unless you are melee stay away from this point.
3 – Try to keep Garm alive. I know this will require you to resurrect him a few times. I have found him to be your best friend in this battle.
4 – Expect your NPC companions to run into combat and die. They're fodder.
5 – Death is a good thing. When you die you go back to the entrance point of the story point. This means the mobs drop aggro and you can pick which one to work on.
6 – Once you are back in the land of the living take time to decide which mob you want to kill first. You are either going to circle left or circle right as you work on them one at a time.
7 – AoE attacks are a bad idea here. Don’t use them as you will pull too many nasties at once.
8 – Expect to die a few times.
9 – Once you kill the bulk of the mobs you will find yourself facing an imp boss. This beastie will place an alter that summons more imps and makes him invulnerable. You really want Garm at your side for this. Eir would be good to have around as well.
10 – Although the game tells you to talk to Eir before the imp boss is dead you can't. Just get the altars down (you will have to go through a few but they only spawn one at a time) and kill that bloody imp.
11 – Enjoy the cut scene and then go repair your gear.

I feel like a NSA employee using the Spoiler tags.

Irdin Silverbow of The Silverbow Explorers (TSE)
See you on Dragonbrand!

Posted by: MercAngel.5492

MercAngel.5492

yes this one was harder then any of the story i done so far up to lvl 49 i did it at lvl 14 Guardian with lvl 15 gear but he is right the NPC go down fast in the first wave of mobs witch i think are ice imps they just put down so much AOE the NPC are gone in no time and if you get in the middle your are too.

so if it is the first time in the quest you will go down right away even when i did it at lvl 4 i lost count of how many time i went down and had every pice of armor damaged by the time i got done.

Posted by: Arkenjul.1867

Arkenjul.1867

Im lvl43 working on a lvl31 personal story call Dredging up the Past. Getting zerged by dredges and the boss fight is hitting too fast and too hard that i cant outheal/dodge his dps.

EDIT: Im lvl43 with a bunch of mid 30s gear and level 43weapon atm playing elementalist.

I can understand the delevel to fit the content for DEs and stuff but for personal…its just stupid to be losing to a bunch of level 30s. Like i said during the beta why cant we +1 level over the content or some type of ADVANTAGE? Basically it pointless to level over the content and mind as well force us to complete the personal story at the required level instead of waiting.

my solution…Personal story (Level) +1= character level.

Sorry bout hijacking your thread didn’t want to make another thread about the same thing.

Posted by: Voltair.8570

Voltair.8570

This quest is by far the most difficult I’ve done yet. I had a friend help me and it took us 3 tries zerging the encounter each time. The encounter was down-leveling us below the mobs’ level.

The NPC keeps calling me Valiant and Slayer. Hard to feel that way when you’re graveyard zerging a level 11 quest

Posted by: GrimmGhost.8047

GrimmGhost.8047

@Jeffrey:
I’m a lvl 13 Norn Thief, my gear is up to my lvl.

For me this quest works like this:
All NPC’s dies during first wave with mobs next to them (no chance to resurrect), I die alot in this wave too, and while resing on checkpoint, all mobs are agroed on me (this happens only during first wave). By the time of wave two, I’m naked (all gear damaged). I am able to go as far as veteran imp, fight looks like this: I run around him with a short bow doing some damage ( my record is little over 50%), then he one shot kills me, I respawn, and by the time i reach him, he regenerates up to full health…. this is pointless.

Posted by: Aaarrrgh.8071

Aaarrrgh.8071

As above, this quest caused me to stop playing my level 11 Norn warrior and re-roll another race / class after innumerable deaths.

I don’t play a lot of MMO’s, generally I don’t enjoy them. I do know broken quests though and the leveling back of your character means this is supposed to be run solo. I don’t think it’s possible without a stack of grinding to level your character and gear, something that GW2 wasn’t supposed to require.

Posted by: NitricRose.1863

NitricRose.1863

I retried this quest after going up a couple more levels (first tried at level 14) and was finally able to finish it. I stayed well back away from the monsters and used a ranged weapon only, no AoE. The ice imps seems to be difficult monsters and 8 level 12 ice imps for a level 11 quest seem a bit much.

Posted by: Galadeon.6513

Galadeon.6513

This is part of a larger issue with the horrible AI of NPC’s. They. Stand. In. AoEs And. Damage. Fields. This is dumb, and should never have gone past testing like this. The npc’s should move out of AoE’s and damage fields instead of eating them and dying. You see this over and over in class quests, and dungeons. It’s one of the few gripes i have with the game, but it is a big one.

Posted by: Irdin.1743

Irdin.1743

The story point is being fixed. Yay!
Thank you ArenaNet.

Irdin Silverbow of The Silverbow Explorers (TSE)
See you on Dragonbrand!

Posted by: Magan.2480

Magan.2480

Good to hear this is being addressed. I suspected something was wrong when on one of my attempts I was lying dead on the ground upon exiting the cutscene.