scary moments after reconnecting

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

so… me and my guildies were doing fractals, we saw the maintenance message and thought it might cause a few dc’s here and there. With the recent fractals fix we should be able to just reconnect etc etc.

half way through our third one, 2 of us dc’ed. When I reconnected I found myself in an empty overflow, tried talked to someone in party, says I’m not in a party. I thought they kicked me, so i tried talking to them in guild chat, says I’m not in a guild. I started panicking and starts pm’ing my guildies in my friend list, got no replies. Then i found out my status is stuck on “offline,” I can try changing it but it will still be stuck as offline. I in game mailed my guildies and said they can’t reply to my pms cos I’m offline. After relogging around 3 more time, then everything becomes normal again. Guild and party and such. Oh and our fractal instance booted everyone out and resetted but that’s another can of worms…

Just wondering if this is “normal”? As in, when i’m warned about “connectivity issues,” is this the type of stuff I should expect?

Oceanic [LOD]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yes, that’s the kind of things I hear people run into during the maintenance.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon