scene of crime box dont work

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

like it seys box dont work or the the talking is stuck and not activ any ting other

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Next

Please describe the issue in more detail.
Thank you!

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

I do not know if it is the same problem, but I went into the instance in LA, talked to the detective and she gave me the box, thinking I had to use this at ogre I left before I did the rest of the instance, now when I re enter instance she won’t talk to me but I cannot interact with the characters to complete it, because I cannot complete instace I cannot talk to the creatures in the world either. Hence at the moment I’m screwed :/

(edited by smitske.4912)

Posted by: humanevil.8461

humanevil.8461

i spoke to the bird in divinity reach and she told me to meet her at the scene of the crime in lions arch so i go there and she not there …………..what now?

(edited by humanevil.8461)

Posted by: Unicorn.2307

Unicorn.2307

same problem here, now when i talk to the suspects the only option is to leave

Posted by: TheMerryUnicorn.4105

TheMerryUnicorn.4105

The box is bugged for me. I keep hitting the 1 key to scan and it doesn’t do anything.

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

which one is the tassi box ? I have investigation kit and sample detector but neither work.
EDIT: fix is dropping the boxes u already have.

Posted by: humanevil.8461

humanevil.8461

there is a lot of people in game having same issues would be nice to have this fixed some time this yr

Posted by: Rachael Augg.2379

Previous

Rachael Augg.2379

Next

The box is bugged for me. I keep hitting the 1 key to scan and it doesn’t do anything.

Please check to see if you have the Fast-Cast Ground Targeting option box checked. This makes any AoE spells land directly at your feet/location instead of giving the radial that can place the spell at another location within range. If you have that option checked, you would need to be almost directly atop the NPC you wanted to use it on.

Previous

Rachael Augg.2379

Next

I do not know if it is the same problem, but I went into the instance in LA, talked to the detective and she gave me the box, thinking I had to use this at ogre I left before I did the rest of the instance, now when I re enter instance she won’t talk to me but I cannot interact with the characters to complete it, because I cannot complete instace I cannot talk to the creatures in the world either. Hence at the moment I’m screwed :/

Marjory may be detecting that you already have a tassi box in your inventory. If you destroy the tassi box in your inventory, re-enter the instance and speak with her, she will give you a new one and progress the event so that it can be completed.

Unicorn.2307

how can i re enter the instance? i dont get that option, she just tells me where to go…..

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

Investigation Kit is disappeared from my inventory after exit instance! I didn’t delete it just disappeared.

Hope we can get new one if we need it.

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

how can i re enter the instance? i dont get that option, she just tells me where to go…..

I’m in the same position. When I didn’t get an option other than “leave” it was suggested I destroy the box and restart the instance, but I can’t re-enter either. I tried this on another character and I’m not able to start the quest over, so I’m pretty much stuck

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Marjory may be detecting that you already have a tassi box in your inventory. If you destroy the tassi box in your inventory, re-enter the instance and speak with her, she will give you a new one and progress the event so that it can be completed.

It won’t let us re-enter the instance. Tried doing so on multiple characters

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Railguy.5890

Railguy.5890

I did the instance with Marjory and got the kit.
But every suspect i talk to i only get the leave message.
I dont have fast ground casting on.
I destroyed the kit a couple of times, and re entered the instance again and got a new one, but result is the same.

even tried destroying the kit nd then used questing on another server. Same result

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

It works fine. I just did it without any issues. You are obviously doing it wrong.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: Hechicero.7128

Hechicero.7128

Ok same issue here. I went into the event, got the kit started scanning people in there with the marker above their heads. Was booted out of the event. Tried to go back in, and I can not. Assuming that I had to restart from D. Reach I returned there spoke with Marjory, she sends me back to Lions arch where again, I am unable to enter the event again. When I check my inventory, there is no kit there when it was just before being booted. Thinking that something was wrong, I entered the event with my second account, I was not booted on this account and after scanning and talking with everyone, I was awarded as it should have been. How do we get back into the event if it was never completed?

Guild: Equinox Solstice [TIME]
Server: (US) Crystal Desert

Posted by: Zangster.3174

Zangster.3174

Same problem for me. I did the instance, scanned everyone there, and then left. I get no option dialog when I got find the 3 suspects, and I cannot redo the instance, inspector Keil just tells me where to go find the supects I already found

Posted by: Geordie Relic.6458

Geordie Relic.6458

Similar problem… I couldn’t get tassi box to scan some of characters, left instance but cannot get back in even if i destroy tassi box. just get info on other suspects but cannot interact with them either

Previous

Rachael Augg.2379

Next

Hello everyone, I am attempting to reproduce the issue and would like to get some more information if you can/applicable to your experience.

1. Did you have fast ground targeting box checked under options? (F11)
This makes any AoE spells land directly at your feet/location instead of giving the radial that can place the spell at another location within range. If you have that option checked, you would need to be almost directly atop the NPC you wanted to use it on.

2. Did you receive a tassi box and the event UI (upper right corner) updated?
Upon receipt of the box, the event UI would display text to use the kit on the specified NPCs.

3. When you have the tassi box equipped, are you using the #1 skill to bring up the radial for targeting the NPC’s that will prompt the conversation to progress the story? If you use just the [F] Key, that will only bring up a generic conversation and not progress the event.

4. If the event UI updated after receiving the Tassi box, when you scanned the characters did the event UI update again to cross their names off the list?

5. Before you left, was the event UI updated and had you speak with Kiel to end/complete and you received rewards?

6. If you left earlier before the event completed and were able to get back in, did you destroy the tassi box from your inventory to receive a new one that would progress the event and allow the scanned representatives to relay their conversations about the events that happened?

Posted by: TheMerryUnicorn.4105

TheMerryUnicorn.4105

Nope, didn’t solve the problem for me. I can’t even get back into the instance to get another kit.

Posted by: Ratchel.1253

Ratchel.1253

I am having the issue where when I try to investigate the ogre representatives body, all I’m not getting anything by scanning the body. I did NOT have auto attack on, and when I followed the advice to delete the scanner, I’m not able to reenter the instance to get a new one.

Unicorn.2307

1 – I had the ground targeting box ticked
2 – I received the tassi box and the event started
3 – used the #1 skill and finished the event
4 – event completed
5 – after event spoke to Kiel but did not get any rewards ( waited a couple of minutes) and then clicked the bottom right corner to leave (mailbox is empty)
6 – could not get back into the instance, so destroyed the tassi box and still couldn’t enter instance.

no rewards, no mail, can’t re-enter instance, can’t interact with suspects

(edited by Unicorn.2307)

Posted by: HellsPriest.6745

HellsPriest.6745

Ok here is my problem.
1. entered instance and got investigation kit.
2. went to all 3 suspects, vorrk being the last one.
3. when investigating, around and standing directly on top of him i got nothing, and when clicking on him i got the “leave” option only. (no i do/did not have the fast-cast ground targeting on)
4. I destroyed the box and tried going back to Kiel to re-enter the instance. I could not re-enter the instance as she would not let me, rather than re-telling me where the suspects are…(two options, tell me again where to look. and X Good luck) When I click tell me where again, she just lists where to find them.

So I can’t get into the instance again, can’t do anything further. Please help, we’ve all been trying to finish this quest for over an hour+ now. Fix it, thx.

Ahlou – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Founder of TTS [TTS] gamers
“How do you feel about killing?” …I don’t.

Posted by: GilbertSmith.1725

GilbertSmith.1725

Completed the portion where you inspect the cultural representatives and got my Tassi box. Went to Gendarran fields and found the suspect there. Went to the quaggan and talked to him. Came back to lion’s arch and found the ogre body. Interacted with him and got something that said to investigate the area. Equipped my box and tried to inspect the body. Nothing happened. Inspected the body again, one option. Deleted box and tried to reenter instance to get another one. Can’t reenter the instance.

Zangster.3174

In my case, I did the instance the first time, and left without scanning everyone. I destroyed the box, and did it again. I went directly to the suspect in lions arch both times, it still didn’t work.

I did it the 3rd time, and made sure I scanned until there were no red coin like markers remaining, so I was sure I was done.

Went back to the suspect in lions arch, scan him, try to talk, no dialog options.

Went to the other 2 suspects, same problem. Destroyed the kit, went back to try again, and it will no longer let me in the instance. Tried on another toon with the same no admitance. I do not have the fast targeting on. I was able to target the device and press 1. In the instance, I heard a audio que. On the suspects, I did not hear the que.

Posted by: Sabbatai.9175

Sabbatai.9175

It works fine. I just did it without any issues. You are obviously doing it wrong.

So it worked for you, must be that all the rest of the people here are “doing it wrong”? You either don’t know what a “bug” is, or you are trolling. Either way you are not being helpful at all.

I fixed the issue by dropping the box and restarting the instance. The ground targeting mentioned by the dev earlier does have a hand in the issue. I didn’t turn it off but just clicked the ground right on top of the people we need to use it on. Seems the area it wants you to target is VERY tiny.

So, either turn off ground targeting or click all around the feet of the people until you find the sweet spot.

Posted by: zwei.9073

zwei.9073

Hello everyone, I am attempting to reproduce the issue and would like to get some more information if you can/applicable to your experience.

This makes any AoE spells land directly at your feet/location instead of giving the radial that can place the spell at another location within range. If you have that option checked, you would need to be almost directly atop the NPC you wanted to use it on.

Upon receipt of the box, the event UI would display text to use the kit on the specified NPCs.

3. When you have the tassi box equipped, are you using the #1 skill to bring up the radial for targeting the NPC’s that will prompt the conversation to progress the story? If you use just the [F] Key, that will only bring up a generic conversation and not progress the event.

4. If the event UI updated after receiving the Tassi box, when you scanned the characters did the event UI update again to cross their names off the list?

5. Before you left, was the event UI updated and had you speak with Kiel to end/complete and you received rewards?

6. If you left earlier before the event completed and were able to get back in, did you destroy the tassi box from your inventory to receive a new one that would progress the event and allow the scanned representatives to relay their conversations about the events that happened?

Hello,

1) yes. However, it should also land aoes on your mourse cursos, no? NPCs activated corretly anyway

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) I think so

5) No. After scanning last person (healer), there was no story step reward or event completition and speaking to NPCs did nothing, so I left. After leaving instance, there was no mail

6) I tried destroying box, but it did not allow me reneter instance.

I also tried this on alt account which worked just fine.

I did everything during investication exactly same way – but it got completed, got story reward and after leaving instance, i got mail and suspects/witnesses NPCs could be interacted with.

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

quick question, do you need the box to scan the 3 suspects after you’ve got the gold award from eliminating the first 5? Is anything supposed to happen after you discuss returning with the three Vorr and the two others?

Hechicero.7128

Reply:
1: Negative, the kits worked fine while trying to eliminate the ones standing on the stage area.

2: Yes, once the kit was given the event changed telling me which of the members there to scan. This went off without a hitch.

3: Correct, this was done. I was able to clear all conversations/scans without any issues.

4: Yes, names were crossed off as they were scanned.

5: Negative, After completing the first part of getting the kit and scanning the people there, I was booted (crashed) from the event. The event never completed.

6: After crashing out of the event, I attempted to re-enter where I was stopped by the lion guard at the front telling me to go look for the missing members. However the story line itself did not progress. I could not restart the event or proceed. I deleted the Kit and attempted to re-enter the event, however the same thing occurs, the lion guard tells me to go find the other three and does not allow anyone back into the event.

If you try to re-create this, go to Sorrows Furnace server (US) which is where I am, however I think that it is doing this kind of thing on most other servers as well.

(edited by Hechicero.7128)

Posted by: morbid.1378

morbid.1378

How do you actually re-enter?
I was in, talked to all npcs with a star on their heads ( i might have skipped one)
went out, examine the ogre, nothing, talked to skirt, nothing, destroyed the kit
in order to re enter the instance and now I am stack with a npc pointing me to where
the suspects are, yet i get no mail, no points and no interaction with the suspects.
Anyone ..
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. All but one
5. Talked, didnt complete it and left instance
6. Cant get back in at all, I have destroyed the kit

(edited by morbid.1378)

Posted by: Geordie Relic.6458

Geordie Relic.6458

1 No
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 Only seemed to work on a couple of the characters so gave up
5 No
6 Left before finmished as not doing anything, destroyed the tassi box but will not let me back into the instance. On this morning ands same problem so cannot progress/compl,ete story line.
No rewards etc…………..

Posted by: missdina.4680

missdina.4680

I have tried all solutions and nothing works i can go back in instance to get a new scanner but it dosent work either tried another char and not working ?

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Fast ground targeting was not checked. I tried using the box on top of the 4 NPCs of the stage anyway, and they did not scan.

I received the tassi box but the event UI did not update. Even after being able to scan the four NPCs on the stage (see below) the UI still showed “Talk to Marjory Delaqua” for the entirety of the instance.

I was using the 1 skill.

N/A, it did not update.

N/A, it did not update, however I was able to collect my rewards (see below)

I did leave early several times and was able to get back in to watch the story from the beginning 4 times. I destroyed the tassi box each time. On the fourth tassi box, the event UI did NOT update, but I saw the red stars above the scannable NPCs for the first time and was able to complete the instance blindly without help from the UI.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Posted by: GHannes.6407

GHannes.6407

Marjory may be detecting that you already have a tassi box in your inventory. If you destroy the tassi box in your inventory, re-enter the instance and speak with her, she will give you a new one and progress the event so that it can be completed.[/quote]

Thank you very much, it works for me.
:-)

Hechicero.7128

I am glad that it is working for you, however the issue that most that I can see on Sorrows Furnace server is that if you exit or in my case crash during the first part, you will have one of three of the below issues.

1) Tassi box is no longer in inventory no matter how many checks and relogs you do.

or

2) During the crash or exit you did not lose the Tassi box and its in your inventory. You delete it and try to enter again, and are not given the option to re-enter.

or

3) Nothing happens at all and not a single NPC talks to you no matter what you do. and you still can not re-enter.

Bottom line.. the issue is Once you are out of the first event ( finished or not) you can not get back in. Clearing the Tassi box does not help in this case on Sorrows Furnace as I have seen.

I’m going to try to guest on another server to see if I am able to at least get back in, I am not even sure its possible, but worth a shot if this issue is not being looked into and so many will not be able to complete all events. I know it may not mean much, however to a person who wants everything completed it would drive them mad.

Update** Changing servers is useless, same issue. You can not re-enter the event., and doing as the lion guard says to continue the investigation does not work either.

(edited by Hechicero.7128)

Zangster.3174

I have tried countless times to re-enter the instance. I guess this just won’t be corrected.

Can you guys just give me the achievement points so I can get on with the rest of the game?

I mean, I got the fireworks achievement and helm 2 days before the first fireworks show, and got the winners circle achievement despite picking only one 1st place winner, surely you can give me the 3rd bugged achievement too, right?

I love all of the dragon bash activities, but this is just an epic fail, no question about it.

Posted by: Shanok.5396

Shanok.5396

Got the same problem here!
Jumped out of the instance because the scanner bugged(diddent work) then i was unabled to get back inside the instance and complete it!
Now i cant interact with the suspects either!
Please help usssss!!!! ^^

Posted by: Switch.3415

Switch.3415

I’m having the same issue from what I can tell.

I did have fast cast ground targeting active, but disabling this has not resolved any issues. I must have left the instance early.

I cannot re-enter the instance. I have destroyed the Tassi Box, but Kiel is still indicating that I need to check out the various representatives. None of the representatives offer any options other than leaving them alone.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

They have a reputation to lose, not a single working update.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Moun.4207

Moun.4207

I’m having the same issue.

I could not scan the Norn, so I decided to force a reset by leaving the story. Now I cannot get back in and Kiel is telling me to check up on the other representatives. When I click them, however, nothing happens.

I cannot progress…

Posted by: Nabbis.8095

Nabbis.8095

1: Yes the AoE auto targeting was on.

2: yes it did update but at that point I had no clue it was ground targeted.

3: No idea I was just spamming the first skill to progress at that moment I thought I bugged something at that point.

4: yes I think I got everyother npc than the Mei char.

5: at some point the thing did update to speak to Kiel but I still didn’t scan all of the npc I am pretty sure mei was the only one but could have missed someone else as well

6: I can’t get back in I dc’d at the moment I was speaking to Kiel I even destroyed the inspector Kit/tassi box. I even backtracked to Div reach to speak to the detective she says I must go meet her in the crime scene but Kiel dosen’t let me get back in the instance and the npc outside don’t give any progress to the storyline or the achievement.

So a solutions or a fix if the problem was in the instance when I dced would be nice either I am screwd out of the achievements

WvW Blobs aren’t Blobs they are just large group of oozes blobbing along each other.
Leader of the Iron Hall [Iron]
Server: Desolation now and forever.

Posted by: krissemissen.7136

krissemissen.7136

Hi,

As I was doing the solo-instance “Scene of the Crime” today I mistakenly dropped my Investigation Kit, and since I didn’t realise it was in my inventory I left the instance to be able to re-start it (and in that way, get a new kit). However, now I am unable to re-enter and can’t interact with any of the suspects – blocking any progress. I really want to do these achievements before the new patch hits. What can I do?

Kind regards

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Hi,

As I was doing the solo-instance “Scene of the Crime” today I mistakenly dropped my Investigation Kit, and since I didn’t realise it was in my inventory I left the instance to be able to re-start it (and in that way, get a new kit). However, now I am unable to re-enter and can’t interact with any of the suspects – blocking any progress. I really want to do these achievements before the new patch hits. What can I do?

Kind regards

Same problem here.

Posted by: Cazper.8709

Cazper.8709

I Entered the scene of the crime and scanned everyone including the healer girl and went through their conversations till you talk to Kiel. Then left the instance and ran to Volk but only had the leave option. I went back to Kiel to enter the Scene of the crime but she only has a dialogue of where to find the missing three people. How can this be resolved? It sounds like a lot of us are stuck here. I tried destroying my kit, logging out, and changing characters. Nothing has worked.

If you are working on a fix just let us know that would be great.

Posted by: Exvillain.5097

Exvillain.5097

same issue with everyone else here. I accidently destroyed my inspector kit and there’s no option to get it back. I can’t re-enter the instance.

Posted by: Aki No Seishin.1950

Aki No Seishin.1950

when I did the instance I used the kit on almost all the people, I couldn’t use it on one person no matter what and I though that was just part of the instance because it said use the kit on the majority…. blah. anyway I left to go to the next person and nothing now… no progression, no kit, no instance.

Unicorn.2307

Hey Anet Person is this gonna be fixable? or should we just give up all hope of ever completing this part of the living story? Please respond

Zangster.3174

“As stated before, the Development Team is aware of this issue involving the Dragon Bash achievement and they are currently working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2 news.

You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

Please let us know if you have any other questions concerns. "

I figured I would pass on what I was told, since Anet is not updating us on this thread regarding any possible fix to this bug.