scene of crime box dont work

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hechicero.7128

Hechicero.7128

Screw it. It would seem that the developers are too busy with the next roll out to care about this one since they had from the first day it came out to fix it. A bit disappointed to say the least, but oh well.

Guild: Equinox Solstice [TIME]
Server: (US) Crystal Desert

Posted by: Jeremy.5149

Jeremy.5149

Same issue. Destroyed the investigation kit (checked and double checked!) but still cannot re-enter the instance. Ellen just tells me where to look.

This is after I went through the instance once but probably missed scanning someone. Left the instance and now I can’t continue because I can’t re-do it.

1. Did you have fast ground targeting box checked under options? (F11)
Nopers!
2. Did you receive a tassi box and the event UI (upper right corner) updated?
Yes, received tassi box and event UI updated.
3. When you have the tassi box equipped, are you using the #1 skill to bring up the radial for targeting the NPC’s that will prompt the conversation to progress the story?
Yes, I have the kit and the circle thing
4. If the event UI updated after receiving the Tassi box, when you scanned the characters did the event UI update again to cross their names off the list?
Yes
5. Before you left, was the event UI updated and had you speak with Kiel to end/complete and you received rewards?
I left before I finished scanning everyone
6. If you left earlier before the event completed and were able to get back in, did you destroy the tassi box from your inventory to receive a new one that would progress the event and allow the scanned representatives to relay their conversations about the events that happened?
Wasn’t able to get back in after destroying tassi box.

(edited by Jeremy.5149)

Posted by: Garbadmur.6041

Garbadmur.6041

Same issue as above. Ellen just tells me where to look.
I didn’t scan the all 7 NPC’s and left the zone
Nopers!
Yes, received tassi box and event UI updated.
3. When you have the tassi box equipped, are you using the #1 skill to bring up the radial for targeting the NPC’s that will prompt the conversation to progress the story?
Yes, I have the kit and can use the circle target
4. If the event UI updated after receiving the Tassi box, when you scanned the characters did the event UI update again to cross their names off the list?
No
5. Before you left, was the event UI updated and had you speak with Kiel to end/complete and you received rewards?
I left before I finished scanning everyone
6. If you left earlier before the event completed and were able to get back in, did you destroy the tassi box from your inventory to receive a new one that would progress the event and allow the scanned representatives to relay their conversations about the events that happened?
Wasn’t able to get back in after destroying tassi box. <— so lame

Posted by: Geordie Relic.6458

Geordie Relic.6458

Still waiting for someone to step up and do something about this one or we alll going to lose out when the next patch comes in??

Posted by: FreeKiLL.5643

FreeKiLL.5643

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

I left the instance before scanning the last person.
I couldn’t reenter the instance to finish it and get the rewards.

The next mission was working for me initially(had 2 suspects) but after updates my counter for the ‘every piece matters’ is at 0 now and talking to the suspects doesn’t change/progress that counter.
I deleted the tassi box and still can’t reenter the instance, reset or progress the story any further.

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Hello everyone, I am attempting to reproduce the issue and would like to get some more information if you can/applicable to your experience.

This makes any AoE spells land directly at your feet/location instead of giving the radial that can place the spell at another location within range. If you have that option checked, you would need to be almost directly atop the NPC you wanted to use it on.

Upon receipt of the box, the event UI would display text to use the kit on the specified NPCs.

3. When you have the tassi box equipped, are you using the #1 skill to bring up the radial for targeting the NPC’s that will prompt the conversation to progress the story? If you use just the [F] Key, that will only bring up a generic conversation and not progress the event.

1. No, and this is not my issue.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but I missed one of the NPCs (the Healer) and exited the instance.

4. Yes, but as I said I missed one of the NPCs.

5. No. I left before that happened.

6. I am not able to re-enter the instance.

Posted by: missdevil.8297

missdevil.8297

No
Yes
Yes
Yes
I did everything but did not receive rewards or mail
I couldn’t reenter the instance to finish it and get the rewards.
Completed event and couldn’t get back in.
I deleted the tassi box and still can’t reenter the instance, reset or progress the story any further.

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

1) No
2) I recieved a Tassi Box after the event but I didn’t get a Quest update or the mail my friends have got. People said they fixed this by deleting it and regetting it but I cannot re-enter the instance.
3) Yes it did.
4) Yes.
5) I honesty thought so but got NO reward or mail (my mail is not full either) but I did get a tassi box.
6) I couldn’t re-enter the instance and I couldn’t move on to the next part, I destroyed my tassi box as instructed and still could not get back in.

Posted by: Caithe.5314

Caithe.5314

Hello everyone, I am attempting to reproduce the issue and would like to get some more information if you can/applicable to your experience.

This makes any AoE spells land directly at your feet/location instead of giving the radial that can place the spell at another location within range. If you have that option checked, you would need to be almost directly atop the NPC you wanted to use it on.

Upon receipt of the box, the event UI would display text to use the kit on the specified NPCs.

3. When you have the tassi box equipped, are you using the #1 skill to bring up the radial for targeting the NPC’s that will prompt the conversation to progress the story? If you use just the [F] Key, that will only bring up a generic conversation and not progress the event.

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. No.
6. No, i could not re-enter, and i destroyed my tassibox on accident and cannot progress

Jeremy.5149

I have every other event achievement since launch and I’d really really hate to miss out on one here because of a bug!

Please please please fix this. Or at least unlock/remove the achievements for everyone.

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Is there any hope this will be fixed before this part of the story is out of our reach forever?

Posted by: Lucas Jamali.1840

Lucas Jamali.1840

On the same boat here; destroyed the box and now can’t get back into the instance to get another. (The thing wasn’t working anyway.)

Posted by: zwei.9073

zwei.9073

I actually tried this again after patch and it is in worse state than – I can no longer find skritt representative on Gendaran Fields and star markers for other reps are missing too.

It is slipping away… still uncompletable and bugged

Posted by: Spaghetti.1289

Spaghetti.1289

I completed the instance where you get the kit just fine, and had no bugs talking to the suspect in Lion’s Arch, but Kasparak, the skritt suspect, just…. isn’t there. The aetherblade pirates still spawn there and attack, but there is no skritt suspect standing there. I imagine something similar would happen if I went after the quaggan suspect.

So, to fix it, I heard that you can restart this instance by destroying your kit and getting a new one, but now inspector Kiel just has a conversation about where to find the suspects! I can’t get my kit back and the achievement is now completely impossible to complete. Wonderful.

Posted by: Nabbis.8095

Nabbis.8095

I would have hoped they fixed this on the patch but they didn’t.
so can we at least get somekind of a note here that you guys are looking in to it?
it seems there a quite alot of people having issues with this and I have no idea what happens now when I completed the dungeon without doing the previous part of the story :S?

WvW Blobs aren’t Blobs they are just large group of oozes blobbing along each other.
Leader of the Iron Hall [Iron]
Server: Desolation now and forever.

Caithe.5314

sooo.. they just now fixed some things in the new dungeon and still havnt said anything about this? -.-
please ArenaNet atleast let us know if you are working to resolve this issue. =’(

(edited by Caithe.5314)

Posted by: Zangster.3174

Zangster.3174

Here is the latest response from Support :

“After reading the emails that you have shared with us, and after performing an investigation regarding this issue, we have concluded that this matter will have to be taken care by the developers. Unfortunately, the bug will persist for the meantime and since several workarounds have been shared with you, we will have to wait for any in game updates that take place in the future and any further information regarding this bug will be shared to the community through the forums. At this moment the achievements/rewards are not obtainable. We do appreciate your responses and all the information that you have shared with us and we encourage you to keep enjoying the marvelous world of Tyria.

Thank you for your understanding."

So, from this my impression is that it will remain broken until forgotten about. I’m still not sure what they meant by several workarounds, since I was told of 1 (destroy the tassi box). I must have missed the “several” others.

Posted by: KomoiShiang.7143

KomoiShiang.7143

Still bugged for me. All it seems we really need is a way to re-enter the Scene of the Crime instance, but I’m not a dev…

Posted by: seabean.7625

seabean.7625

I am having this issue too, and it’s making me sad.

I left without scanning the asura delegate. Even after destroying the box, I can’t get back in. Ellen seems to think I completed this part, but I never got the letter or my reward. I would love to be able to investigate further within the story line – but I am stuck!!! Also, I really do want my loot!

Same issue. Destroyed the investigation kit (checked and double checked!) but still cannot re-enter the instance. Ellen just tells me where to look.

To answer the survey:
*No, not checked.
*Yes, received tassi box, event UI updated.
*Yes, I used this to target all but 1 NPC.
*Yes, it did.
*I spoke with Kiek before I finished scanning everyone (After the lion guard soldier came & gave a report). Then I left. No letter, no rewards.
*Destroyed the box. Still can’t get back in. Please help!!!

seabean.7625

Still bugged for me. All it seems we really need is a way to re-enter the Scene of the Crime instance, but I’m not a dev…

Yes! If they just rebooted the Scene of the Crime part for those of us having this issue, we could just try again.

Posted by: NAKiTA.5964

NAKiTA.5964

I believe that we really just need to get back into that “part” of the instance where we scan all the delegates… I’m reading through all the complaints and it pretty much starts there. There is just no way to get back into that instance unless admin resets our achievements or whatnot.

Jeremy.5149

Every time i see an update I get hopeful. But then I’m disappointed. Like the above poster said, we just need a way to get back into the instance.

Posted by: Eulogee.3420

Eulogee.3420

I am having the same issue. I think there was a glitch in the “instance” when scanning the people, and it did not finish correctly. Then when I left it will not allow me to properly complete the next step by talking to the people. I tried to delete the item from my bags, but that did not help.

Nabbis.8095

No update on this yet? I really would want to see the stuff before the Aetherblade retreat I am missing some plot holes and aren’t yet desperate enough to go read it on the wiki.
Having some kinda of “yes we are working on this” or “no we don’t have enough time to fix this now” would be really nice so we know if we can move on from this and hope that next time we get to do the whole stuff before it goes away because the game bugs on us without our own doing.

WvW Blobs aren’t Blobs they are just large group of oozes blobbing along each other.

Posted by: Xija.5471

Xija.5471

Girlfriend still has the problem too and is really disappointed that anet won’t even tell us if they will ever fix it or not

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

It seems like a lot of people are still upset over not being able to participate in the living story

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Posted by: Eulogee.3420

Eulogee.3420

Yeah still no response to a ticket an no response here. Slightly frustrating.

Caithe.5314

anyday now I hope =/

Posted by: Rachael Augg.2379

Previous

Rachael Augg.2379

Next

Thank you for the feedback, we are still actively looking into this issue.

Posted by: dobbo.9564

dobbo.9564

We’re running out of time to complete this and I really want to do it. Mainly because I have no idea where the story is going. As far as I’m concerned I don’t know who the “sky pirates” are!? Please fix this before you remove it from existence!
Thanks

Posted by: Klim.9430

Klim.9430

I’m also having issues now with this achievement/questline. I had fast ground-targetting checked, and could not get credit for the norn cultural representative no matter how close I got to her. However, I got credit for the achievement ‘Hard Boiled’ when I left, and I cannot reenter the instance to try again to progress. Inspector Kiel only tells me the locations of the representatives now, but going to them yields no dialogue options to progress, nor does it give me credit for finding the suspects for the achievement.

Posted by: Rachael Augg.2379

Previous

Rachael Augg.2379

Thank you all for providing information about the issues you were having. We were able to identify the problem and the fix will be in the next Live build.

Nabbis.8095

Thank you all for providing information about the issues you were having. We were able to identify the problem and the fix will be in the next Live build.

I just hope this fix patch comes before the 9th when the event ends? either way thanks for responding to us if the fix comes in time many people are able to get this stuff done.

seabean.7625

Cool! So when is the next Live build?

Jeremy.5149

Thank you Anet so much for fixing this. <3 <3 <3~

Posted by: Zangster.3174

Zangster.3174

Rachael, thank you so much for this news. After the new build, I was able to restart the instance, and then go on to complete the rest of the dragon bash achievements. I am so glad the bug was fixed. I am very happy that you guys didn’t forget about this, and I am glad that your persistence in fixing the bug paid off.

Posted by: Unicorn.2307

Unicorn.2307

^^ Awesome just done it all
Thank you for fixing it

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Am i the only one that still can not do this ?… it has been bugged for me since day 1.
I get the “Investigation Kit” while inside the instance, the small chat sequence is triggered after i use it on Mai Trin, the quest gets updated… i go outside of the instance to speak with the NPCs i have to find.

None of the NPCs have the dialog options that need to activated in order to finish the quest, furthermore the item doesn’t seem to be “ticking” when i try to use it anymore…

If i destroy the item and try to get a new one by going back in the instance, same thing happens. If i don’t destroy the item and i just go in the instance… i watch the dialog again… and i do not get a new item.

I have tried every single day… in all possible ways i can think of… nothing…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.