sound effects cutting out since update

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Really the title says it all. Sound effects keep cutting off during gameplay since 8/25/15 update

Posted by: Annika.7084

Annika.7084

I can confirm this.

- Ranger Longbow skills with a chain of sounds in particular like Rapid Fire and Barage but also single shot skills have dropouts consistently.

- Footsteps sound comes in and out, long stretches of just silent running.

- Warhorn … this new fart-sound some kind of joke like the aviator when players ran around with their arms stretched out sounding like an areoplane?? Mockery is made of the skill Call of the Wild where the animation of the wolf comes out and sometimes the howl is either mixed or replaced with this new sound of breaking wind. Hunters Call skill fart-sound is very loud.

- Soundeffects in large groups are a complete mess after August 25th patch. I did the event “Breaking the Claw of Jormag” and sounds that are supposed to come from a distance are instead dominating and deafening whilst closer sounds are supressed. Most of the dragons howls were silent and the speakers voice (The wall’s down….Watch the ledges…) dropped out all except once. No soundeffects what-so-ever when firing flamethrower at Icepillars.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

annika explained it far better than I did. sound effects pretty broken right now

Posted by: DarkReign.4503

DarkReign.4503

Glad I’m not the only one having issues with this. First UI lagg is breaking the game for me since the FOV patch way back in large fights, now audio is getting cut out in large battles. It’s just making the game so boring.

Posted by: LiquidCye.8294

LiquidCye.8294

Same problems here

Posted by: bertillec.7864

bertillec.7864

Bump for justice…
Glad i m not alone here, and yes…sounds really broken in this patch.

I m mainly use my warrior and arming a Predator rifle playing around for fun, all my lovely shooting sounds was broken/ ignore? during intense fight…As counted in my head, every five shooting attack .only one attack sound was being heard from my client side, which is quite frustrating as it is.

Hopefully Anet Devs or sound engineer would look after in this issues?

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Bump for justice…
Glad i m not alone here, and yes…sounds really broken in this patch.

I m mainly use my warrior and arming a Predator rifle playing around for fun, all my lovely shooting sounds was broken/ ignore? during intense fight…As counted in my head, every five shooting attack .only one attack sound was being heard from my client side, which is quite frustrating as it is.

Hopefully Anet Devs or sound engineer would look after in this issues?

Add PAIN to this list of sound/voice/cutscenes not working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3icz5r/new_warhorn_sounds_on_warrior_warhorn/

There is an annoying, vibrating buzzing sound – it has been reported before but now it’s far more frequent and most can hear it now – it is skill dependent on my end.

It’s painful when one has headphones on and it doesn’t have to be loud at all.

It happens when I set off my warhorn and a few other skills.

This is either a very bad change or a very bad bug, whichever it is, it hurts and needs to stop.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: strat edgy.3891

strat edgy.3891

So for me, I have the same thing happen. Sound effects are missing, and the ambient sounds just keep playing on a loop, even in loading screens. This isn’t a problem so much, as the FPS drops that come with it. When my sound cuts out, my fps drops from 60 to about 14 and if I try to exit the client, it hangs.

It’s only a problem because of the FPS drops that accompany it, because when you are in the middle of PvP and your frame rate takes a nose dive… Not fun… I’ve been having this issue for months, no idea why.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Really the title says it all. Sound effects keep cutting off during gameplay since 8/25/15 update

It’s happening when we set off skills and it is HURTING my ears.

Please Anet, this HURTS.

Fix the darn sound!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Duo Nightroad.1097

Duo Nightroad.1097

also having the issues with Annika.7084 mentioned with sound effects in large/medium groups everywhere else is fine its primary weapon sounds for me though

Posted by: Nidit.1340

Nidit.1340

Issue still exists for me. Anyone has any tips / solution for it. I’m about to craft some legendaries and not having pleasuring sounds scares me.