"willing captive's" mission multiple bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rollingpanda.1362

Rollingpanda.1362

I went through this mission several times, the first time I got stuck in a wall, while searching for the orb in the chests. to solve this I had to log out, which of course I have to restart the whole mission again.

The second bug was when I received the orb and then had to talk to Sayeh, she was there but was attack by the enemies near by, after I finished the enemies off, she disappeared and I was not able to finish the quest again.

I am guessing to finish the quest I will have to restart again, but I lost my patience and did not want to do the mission again from the beginning and stopped.

would appreciate a fix thanks.

Posted by: Mehmet.2340

Mehmet.2340

same here. i cant find the “orb”. chest is open and empty.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

OK – maintaining the spoiler-free thread…

I believe that you need Crusader Apatia in the cave with you when you take the orb; the next thing that is supposed to happen is that a group of Krait appear, recapture her and then leave, after which Sayeh gives a speech including commenting on her recapture.

If Apatia’s not with you (and you have to keep a close eye on her, because she really likes to hang back and fight Krait on the way to the cave), the group of Krait engage Sayeh instead.

In my case, the first time I did this, Sayeh died, and her corpse disappeared before I could revive her to talk to her - so I couldn’t complete the story.

As for the “empty” chest: I’m not sure about the chest being already open – I haven’t seen that, and if that were actually the case, I’d say it’s a bug – but there are actually five chests in the cave, in a line along the back; you have to open the correct one (which in my case was the one on the far right both times I did the event recently).

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Lacee.6812

Lacee.6812

i had that wall bug too. now im stuck at the Wall. It started when Apitia disappeared and was dead in the middle of the Wall with the Beast. I somehow managed t get in and kill it. And now I cant get out

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

I’m getting this too. No NPCs have died, it’s just that I can’t swim to the chest(s) to open them and look for the orb. It’s like there’s an invisible wall in the way; either I’m behind it or they are. More likely me, because I can’t get out either.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Posted by: Kazmyz Dondarian.4715

Kazmyz Dondarian.4715

I’m quite miffed that this bug still exists… it was first reported several years ago.. I am stuck as well. I cannot open any chests… it’s as if I’m swimming against an invisible wall. I’ve logged out and back … and had to do the whole thing over again, and get the same bug. Someone please help me, I don’t know what to do.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s a walkthrough with some tips to avoid stalling the event: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Willing_Captives#Walkthrough

Good luck.