worm stone throw unblockable?!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heyhey

Just noticed that I can not block the attack of the worms anymore, where they throw a huge stone at you. I am 100% sure I was able to do this, since I allways killed the champion worm at the bear guild rush. So I blocked allways the huge stone but today – NA! NOTHING. Just got “interrupted”…

I noticed this at Mesmer sword 4 block and scepter 2 block. I just get interrupted. I’m pretty sure this is not intended, since a block shouldn’t be able to be interrupted xD Wouldn’t make much sense…

Anyone else noticed this?

Tyvm

EDIT: If I use stability I won’t get interrupted but nothing happens but I get damaged…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Yeh, same for eles too This bug just started 2-3 weeks ago. There’s already another thread about it here

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, WvW borderlands “veteran wurm”, same stone throw. Warrior with shield block engaged gets the full damage along with knockback/knockdown.

Elementalists, which were previously able to reflect the stones back at the wurm now also receive the full damage and knock effects, completely unaffected by reflection (which I assume is the same for all other reflection classes and skills, but personally tested only on ele).

My little conspiracy theory is that this is actually the reason why the throw was changed to unblockable, so players are no longer able to let wurms suicide themselves, but hey, who knows why anet does what they do.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

iirc, most wurm siege attacks hit twice, as well.

Xyonon.3987

iirc, most wurm siege attacks hit twice, as well.

so they consume the block and hit again? no … never noticed a block hm …

sounds buggy to me, glad to hear it’s not intended…

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t know about reflects (my Ele used to be able to reflect them with Staff skill 3, but haven’t tested in a while), but the reason why blocks don’t work against the rocks is because it actually hits twice. If you used a Mesmer’s Illusionary Counter, for example, it blocks the rock’s first hit, but the second hit from the rock interrupts you and knocks you down.

A skill that just blocks all attacks for a duration like a Warrior’s Shield Stance still works.

I don’t know if it’s a bug that the Wurm’s rocks hit twice though. (And I don’t mind too much if it stays. Makes Wurms a great way to get Daily Dodger on those days. )

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I haven’t been in any wurm infested areas lately, so I haven’t seen much recent behavior, but I can tell you for a fact that wurms I encountered only hit once previously.

I used to happily skip through the wurm infested areas of FGS on my guardian, with a single aegis taking the entirety of the blow.

Reflect used to work the same way – a single air blast from the flamethrower would reflect it before it hit, although air blast does technically have the capability of reflecting multiple projectiles.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I also noticed it. But the good part is you can still dodge it as long as you’re watching for it.

Xyonon.3987

@Zaxares

I don’t think it works like this. Can you confirm that warrior blocks still work? Even if it would hit twice, I would have been able to see at least once a “blocked” symbol on my mes.

Also reflection doesn’t work anymore, wich seems to be totally wrong.

greez

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Don’t know if that is really a bug or intended. What i noticed is, that they upped the frequency of the stones. I used worms always for the daily dodger, and in the past i always had my stamina refreshed when the next stone was thrown. Now they throw faster so that i have not enough stamina after the 3rd stone.

Haven’t tested however if Aegis works. Before Aegis always blocked both hits at least.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Xyonon: I’ll do some more testing next time I’m in an area with Wurms.

Xyonon.3987

ty vm, let me know plz

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

I already mentioned in the third post from the top that warrior shield block won’t affect the throw at all.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Bump. I noticed today that I could dodge vet wurm throws in Diessa, but could NOT evade them with evade skills. Was doing daily dodger.

My thief kept getting interrupted by the impact while using Pistol Whip evade and Disabling Shot evade.

It seems to me that something changed with the spell, causing the interrupt to take precedence.

Edit: Okay this is really really weird. I decided to test Flanking Strike’s evade with the same veteran wurm in Diessa, same location just respawned. Flanking Strike successfully evaded. Then I tried Disabling shot… evaded. Killed it and waited for another spawn, and both Flanking Strike AND Pistol whip evaded it successfully.

Something seems to be causing some kind of inconsistency here with the results. And yes, I’m well aware of what part of the cast on Pistol Whip evades – there’s a delay from the intial stun hit before you begin evading.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)