Female body part not a kitten

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Please remove a particular word from the kitten filter. The word is a female body part with 2 t’s in it. The words this and that are heavily impacted, especially with the verb “is”. This makes a lot of posts into meaningless garbage.

Furthermore, this particular body part is beautiful and doesn’t belong on a swear word list. Remove it.

The swear filter isn’t a license to swear, so it shouldn’t impact the quality of the forums, especially not with a harmless word like kittens.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You mean these things?

Attachments:

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You mean these things?

Yes.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I love the way every time you follow an f with a k in the same word it get’s filtered. Like the words F L A K and F O R K for example.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Epervier.4217

Epervier.4217

testing:
flak
fork

I don’t see a problem.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Any word that ends in “t” or “sh” cannot be followed by the word “it” without some crazy mashup like “wakittens” or “flukitten”, leaving the reader to stop for a second to figure out what’s supposed to be there. In these examples, “wash” and “flush” would be followed by “it” or “its” when the poster typed it, but the silly filter thinks someone is trying to sneak in a reference to excrement.

To all of us that read and post on the forums, THIS is a “Quality of Life” issue. Can this be addressed sometime in the near future, or are we stuck with it?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

testing:
flak
fork

I don’t see a problem.

I stand corrected. It only works when doing F and then King

kitteng

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I completely support removing the word in question from the filter, as it does seem to cause a lot of unnecessary confusion. However, I’d argue that it is not in fact a term for beautiful female body parts, and should never be used as such. It means the things in the photo Zacchary posted, and nothing more. :P

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

We will not be removing that word from the filter.