Client Crash

Client Crash

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: lulala.5906

lulala.5906

Q:

So I’ve been experiencing client crash almost every day I play since the LW season2.
http://imgur.com/QUcTMGB,qDu67dR,pvdRgN7#0 3 screenshots i got from the crash.
I couldn’t even find the crash log file and don’t know what these are.
Been using Mac version for months now, all was fine until the LW S2 update.
Specs:
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Attachments:

Ithereal-Human Guardian
Strip the Soul-Sylvari Mesmer
Peace Breaker [PB]-Jade Quarry

Client Crash

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Suggestion – quit all other problems when you’re running GW2. See all of those programs up the top of your menu bar, they’re eating up precious RAM and Processing power.
TCMalloc is related to memory processing, so all I can think is that GW2 doesn’t have access to enough memory (It’s 32bit and can only access 3GB of RAM, so it’s really vital that those 3GB are available for it). I’m not coding literate though, so I can’t give you any certain answers. I’d suggest filing a support ticket and giving them all of the text from that error/crash box.

Client Crash

Posted by: Aries Feathermore.5761

Aries Feathermore.5761

So I’ve been experiencing client crash almost every day I play since the LW season2.
http://imgur.com/QUcTMGB,qDu67dR,pvdRgN7#0 3 screenshots i got from the crash.
I couldn’t even find the crash log file and don’t know what these are.
Been using Mac version for months now, all was fine until the LW S2 update.
Specs:
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

TCMalloc usually refers to a problem with memory. I would recommend closing any applications you have running in the background and starting the client up again. If that doesn’t work, I’d try re-installing the client and running it without any other applications.

I’d also get an official support ticket just in case that doesn’t solve your problem.

Client Crash

Posted by: MaxMan.8164

MaxMan.8164

I have the same error on my mac (and many others unfortunately) with 32GB of RAM…

Client Crash

FlamingFoxx.1305

I have the same error on my mac (and many others unfortunately) with 32GB of RAM…

How much RAM you have doesn’t matter, the game can only use 3GB because it is a 32 bit Windows port :/

Client Crash

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

My husband and I have come back for another try at GW and the client crashes constantly at large events. Almost killed Teq for the first time last night, but then the graphics went all blocky and the game crashed and I got back in an empty version of the area. The client crashes with various messages, including:
CharMotion has invalid matrix
LockedRect.pBits
and so on.

It crashes more now than it did before the eye of the mists patch still.

Client Crash

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yeah unfortunately it seems as if the recent LS updates have caused a whole slew of new crash errors. As far as I’m aware the CharMotion error hadn’t been a wide spread issue before now. LockedRect.pbits has been around since the release of the OSX client and seems to be a common crash when there’s a lot going on on screen (e.g. A Zerg or moving the camera very fast on high settings lmao). Until a member of staff actually acknowledges these issues and tries to do something about it I’m not sure there’s anything that can be done on the user end to fix them.

Client Crash

ananda.5946

What happened to the new mac person they introduced?

Client Crash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

What happened to the new mac person they introduced?

She has not posted in almost a month.

The Burninator

Client Crash

ananda.5946

Client Crash

FlamingFoxx.1305

That actually sound super ominous _

Client Crash

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

Second this, I think we might be heard in the CDIs

being reminded over and over again of Anet’s policy of not talking about what is in development also sparked a tiny little hope, not sure how you guys feel.

Client Crash

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Sadly, I think them discontinuing support of the mac client is more likely than us magically getting a native client. Not that either are horribly likely. We’ll probably just get something along the lines of “your call is important to us” and maybe they’ll clean up the stickies in this forum again.

Edit: and the topic for the 26th is: Game Improvements. I’m not exactly sure how we fit into such a vague topic but there you go.

Getting back to the actual topic, was the crash for the OP ever fixed?

(edited by Nageth.5648)

Client Crash

ananda.5946

Still with the new and interesting messages while the client crashes:
MathisUnitVector(forward, 0.01f)

Client Crash

Posted by: umms.5281

umms.5281

Hello there,
It seems that in my case the crashes happen because of OutOfMemory. Well, GW2.exe is a 32bit binary running in 32bit windows OS translated by macos Cider(transgaming) app, which is - "Guild Wars 2.app/Contents/MacOS/cider is architecture: i386"). And it seems quite fair, considering that even native Windows client may easily take up to 3GB of RAM in WvW events (and this is without taking into account all the shared libs it uses).
The "mentioned here and there" solution of lowering down graphics settings to a level when GW2 starts to look like Quake I is not really a solution for me. And it does not fix the problem anyway. Will a 64bit client come anytime soon?..

P.S. How did I get all these cool stats? First of all a standard disclaimer: I take no responsibility of anything that may or may not happen to anyone in case of everything.

To turn stats on navigate to "/Users/<your_profile_folder>/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/" and open "config" file in the text editor. Look for section "[d3dgl]", options: "ShowFPS", "ShowMem", "ShowGraphicsStats". Changing "N" to "Y" turns an option on and otherwise - off. Application restart required.

Attachments:

(edited by umms.5281)

Client Crash

FlamingFoxx.1305

There is no 64 bit client, even in Windows the game is 32bit. It’s possible that at some point in the future they might release a 64bit client, but even if they do the cider port is still stuck with the 32bit limitation because it is emulating 32bit Windows (which is why certain settings are greyed out).

Client Crash

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

Still with the new and interesting messages while the client crashes:
MathisUnitVector(forward, 0.01f)

This ^ I had this error as well.

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart