New patch huge improvement

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dashwood.3215

Dashwood.3215

Don’t know what you guys did, but on my MacBook the new Mac client has about 4x the performance than it had before. It’s gone from being barely playable on lowest settings to about 60fps with Medium settings.

It’s still a lot slower than the Windows version, but at least I can play it now. Thanks!

Posted by: haschbeutel.7548

haschbeutel.7548

I can confirm this. Got around 50% more FPS on my late 2009 iMac. Way to go, but a right step. Thanks!

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

same for me, feels better on higher settings

Posted by: WesleySnipes.3917

WesleySnipes.3917

i envy you guys, on my mbp mid 2011 i still have to run the game on best perfomance settings, with max of 30 fps.

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I have a late 2011 mbp and my frames are lower than they have ever been even on lowest gfx settings with my game crashing upwards of 6x per day. Lucky ;(

Incursiön [iN]

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

(To those with 2011 MBP’s, can I just recommend being careful – there is a manufacturing defect with our MBP’s that means you’re incredibly likely to have a GPU/Logic Board failure at some point :/ )

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

(To those with 2011 MBP’s, can I just recommend being careful – there is a manufacturing defect with our MBP’s that means you’re incredibly likely to have a GPU/Logic Board failure at some point :/ )

Lemme guess, Apple gives no kittens and has no intentions of replacing them or compensating us?

Incursiön [iN]

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Lemme guess, Apple gives no kittens and has no intentions of replacing them or compensating us?

Yeah basically :S There is a petition and a FB group which have both had a lot of activity and last month there was a lot of media coverage about the issue on Apple tech blog sites. So hopefully there might be a recall/replacement program. But so far no word from apple. Despite the fact that almost everyone who has actually paid to get the issue fixed says that the issue comes back within weeks which means there isn’t actually a fix (we’re talking system crashes and major major screen glitches/tearing). We have two of the 2011 MBP’s in my house, one of them is now dead because of this and there was no way we were paying for a repair that probably wouldn’t last so we ended up replacing it with a new MBP – which is a huge expense – and the other is the one I use to play GW2 and I’m just sincerely hoping it doesn’t die until there is some kind of replacement program in place. Fingers crossed…

Posted by: Adesia.5138

Adesia.5138

Ooooh, I’m going to update my client and check it out. I hope I’ll see some improvements. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Just wanted to confirm that I’m getting far better frame rates now. Mine still run a bit low because I’m on a really old laptop, but it’s actually playable now. I hope anet continues to make improvements like this! <3

(edited by Adesia.5138)

Posted by: nchoose.5714

nchoose.5714

Mine too. MBPr 2012, got 100% frame rate on medium settings (no reflection). On low setting (post processing and shading set to low) got 60+ fps. Previously 60+ was impossible with everything set to low.

Posted by: WesleySnipes.3917

WesleySnipes.3917

oh man… first i find out that the battery issue i have on my iphone 5 is also a factury issue, and now this!

I think it’s a sign from the heavens

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Have used my 2011 mbp for 2yrs now, mostly decent though the o key’s broken, partly my fault and that’s made the u and i keys pretty bad recently as well… Hope my mbp lasts a long time (Have had a better experience with it than any PC or laptop)
no use for this if they keep making lousy patches, so far this update has been the worst ever, tp = crash crash crash. The old tp never crashed my game!

(edited by Yifang.8260)