Yosemite and You v2

Yosemite and You v2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

Since the old thread is a bit too old to bump, I have returned to bring more info about the current Yosemite betas in relation to the Guildwars 2 launcher and game in general. As of today, the Yosemite Publics Beta 4 was released, and as with the 3 previous public betas, the launcher starts fine, and the game runs at an equal or better frame rate in my informal testing. It is likely that there should be no issue with the final release of Yosemite, but I will update this thread with info at that time in ~2 weeks or so, when it is released.

Specs for info – rMBP 15 inch, 2.7 ghz, Nvidia GT 650M dedicated graphics.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: RedZephon.2607

RedZephon.2607

The game crashes constantly for me on Yosemite GM1.

iMac 27" 3.5GHz i7 Core
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GTX 780M 4GB VRAM

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: verderi.9642

verderi.9642

open the configuration file:
Alt(Button) + Library (Menu Finder)
/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/ directory
open config file and search text content “256” (Graphic card) change “1024 or 2048”, save and exit.
Open GW2 and continue playing.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Elarinya.5983

Elarinya.5983

Hey there,

any news if/how the release verison of Yosemite runs GW2? Any Cider compatibility problems?

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Ernjo.2096

Ernjo.2096

Heyas. Now with the final Yosemite release, having trouble with the game under OSX. The game will launch fine and play fine too, as far as I’ve tried, but it will always hang when I try to minimize the window or switch to desktop. I have to reboot my machine every time.

I hope ANet gives us some updates. This is the only game I play and I really hate to boot windows to be able to play it.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

I have no issues with yosemite and imac 27" 2012 AMD video card.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I crash more often than usual since Yosemite.
I also have issues with the TP freezing my client so badly to the point where I have to restart my MacBook using the power button. Not sure if Yosemite related or not but. Yeah.

Incursiön [iN]

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: genukz.5167

genukz.5167

since it works as flawlessly in Mavericks actually see no reason for moving on to Yose, will rather wait for a couple of months to see if it becomes more stable, which is a regular practice for Apple to become more and more improved in time.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

After updated to Yosemite, broken graphic display occurs very often in EOTM and pve environment.

It makes the game nearly unplayable.

iMac (21.5, late 2012)
16GB memory
3.1 GHz i7
GT 650M 512 MB

Attachments:

(edited by Guyver.1426)

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Keenan Sieg

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Hey Guyver, what are your current graphics settings?

(edited by Keenan Sieg.1493)

Yosemite and You v2

Guyver.1426

Majority graphics settings are at low level which attached photo shows.

Thank you for your concern.

Attachments:

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

Same issue as Guyver, everything was fine before.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

Hey guys, I can confirm after weeks of WvW/Labyrinth/General PvE, Yosemite itself appears to run Guildwars 2 without issue, so yeah, good luck OSX friends :)

EDIT: Now that you mention it, I have noticed that sorta graphics glitch mentioned above, usually after long durations of gameplay (like 4 hours or so). Also I have not noticed an increase in crashes, actually.

(edited by Topaz.4291)

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: GreatWoolf.3412

GreatWoolf.3412

7 Year old iMac
Intel Core2 Duo 2,4GHZ
4 GB Ram
Invidia 2600 HD (256MB)

Runs very well on Bootcamp (win 7).
If you are a student MS has a website where you can DL windows for free (for educational pourpose), use it and Bootcamp and save your selves some problems.

Edit: here is the link http://onthehub.com/download/free-software/windows-8-pro-for-students/

just select > country > State/Region > Type school’s Name > Select & Download

(edited by GreatWoolf.3412)

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: noirzette.9470

noirzette.9470

I’ve just bought and downloaded GW2, and installed it on my MacBook Pro, running Yosemite. But: when I click on the icon to launch it, nothing happens. If I click on it again, I get an box saying "You can’t open the application “Guild Wars 2” because it is not responding. Help, please?

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

Is there any official word on when we can upgrade to Yosemite?

Yosemite and You v2

Guyver.1426

Majority graphics settings are at low level which attached photo shows.

Thank you for your concern.

16 days passed by, login after one week afk, but the problem still not be fixed yet.

Are you waiting for me to quit?

Attachments:

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: hardstriker.4790

hardstriker.4790

I’m having the same graphics issues that Guyver just posted. I even have video to prove it. I have a iMac 27"/2.9GHz i5/8GB/1TB Fusion/GeForce GTX 660M 512MB
Its becoming worse each day, or it just seems to be happening at the most inopportune times.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Dashwood.3215

Dashwood.3215

I’ve been running the client for months without a problem on my retina MacBook, but after updating to Yosemite over the weekend the game freezes every time I try to open the Trading Post.

Come on guys, Yosemite has been out for weeks now, surely you have to be working on a fix for this?

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Come on guys, Yosemite has been out for weeks now, surely you have to be working on a fix for this?

Developers have had access to Yosemite since July. Actual release candidates/code freezes for a couple months before release. A lot of these problems are not as simple as they seem and since there is a ridiculous amount of variable middleware involved here(incl. cider) that is out of Arena Net’s control it compounds the time and effort required to fix things. And several things that are not related to the game code itself may have to be changed which means ANet may have absolutely no choice but to wait on these 3rd parties to get everything in order. Even more so since Transgaming is involved as far as I know handles all the heavy lifting for cider changes so that is another entity to deal with that has their own budget and staff constraints.

Your best bet for the time being may be a small bootcamp partition for when you’re in the mood to play.

Yosemite and You v2

hardstriker.4790

I have noticed that if I get a ton of graphics issues occurring, I can just quickly switch to another app with the Command + Tab keys then switch back and it goes away for a few more seconds. I don’t know if that helps anyone.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

I did some research, the problem happens when you face a guy with top-end fractal capacitor, the one that shining

Talék

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: McMahon.6853

McMahon.6853

I have the same issue on Yosemite – everything worked fine on Mavericks

Attachments:

Yosemite and You v2

hardstriker.4790

Has there been any progress from ArenaNet or Transgaming on these issues? I’m still getting graphics related issues.

Yosemite and You v2

hardstriker.4790

Daily issue still exists. I really enjoy playing but when the graphics rendering gets intense, the issues increase as well.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my old macbook pro 17" died, and I purchased a new 27" 5k Imac (fully loaded) and am getting constant crashes when more players come nearby. The hardware should be able to support this no problem, and I use auto detect for settings in game. So it’s something with the Mac client port conflicting with Yosemite that is likely the issue. Running with full screen 1920 × 1080, autodetect on settings. Getting 31 FPS in Rata Sum.

Imac spec’s as follows:
Imac (Retina 5k, 27-Inch) running Yosemite 10.10.4, 4
Processor: GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

If the dev’s have a script set up to test mac issues I would be happy to run it and send in the data. As I would like to see this issue fixed as Yosemite has been live now for several months.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my old macbook pro 17" died, and I purchased a new 27" 5k Imac (fully loaded) and am getting constant crashes when more players come nearby. The hardware should be able to support this no problem, and I use auto detect for settings in game. So it’s something with the Mac client port conflicting with Yosemite that is likely the issue. Running with full screen 1920 × 1080, autodetect on settings. Getting 31 FPS in Rata Sum.

If the dev’s have a script set up to test mac issues I would be happy to run it and send in the data. As I would like to see this issue fixed as Yosemite has been live now for several months.

Have you tried fiddling with the settings a bit? Try turning off Ambient Occlussion, Best Texture Filtering, Depth Blur and Hi Res Character Textures. Try lowering the quality of some of the other settings as well. I know it makes the graphics go from awesome to sort of potato, but it’s worth it to get the thing to run.

It’s not likely the hardware that’s the problem, but the Transgaming wrapper that is failing. It probably just can’t keep up. There are other people who are running GW2 on a 5K iMac without too many problems. If the situation continues, submit a ticket.

Yosemite and You v2

Aazo.2841

Thanks for the tips Odesseus. On autodetect it had all of those turned off but Depth Blur (which I now turned off) .. so I will test it with that off. Funny it just crashed with me popping map up just before I came to see your message.

Yosemite and You v2

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Thanks for the tips Odesseus. On autodetect it had all of those turned off but Depth Blur (which I now turned off) .. so I will test it with that off. Funny it just crashed with me popping map up just before I came to see your message.

What resolution are you running the game at? If you’re running it at max resolution then that’s probably why it is crashing.

Yosemite and You v2

Aazo.2841

Odesseus… turning off Depth Blur seems to have done the trick, thanks.

FlamingFoxx… I am running 1920×1080 on full screen mode. So no where near max.