0 FPS in daily Boss fights

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dalwhat.2867

Dalwhat.2867

I realise the main issue is that I am running with an AMD processor and a Radeon GPU but just a quick question.

I usually operate at over 60fps using the settings the program “advises” which means pretty much maxed out graphics.

Having recently returned to the game after a couple of years out I am experiencing terrible framerate hits when I take part in big battles such as Daily boss fights.

As soon as the combat animations ramp up my framerates with the Shadow Behemoth slumped to 2-3 FPS and yesterday’s visit to the Frozen Maw froze my system requiring a dump back to desktop.

Conversely the Fire Elemental kept me at around 15FPS.

I’m going to try and reduce my graphics settings to minimum for my next “event” but do you think it will have much of an effect? Are there any other tricks or tips players have in my situation (aside from getting an Intel processor). I seem to remember in EQ2 you could turn off combat animations, some players got around it by looking at the ground (not ideal) or sometimes disabling character names helped.

Anyone? Anything?

Paddy Malone Human Level 80 Ranger
Also Level 80 Mesmer, Elementalist, Engineer, Thief & Warrior.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

What are your computer’s specs, exactly?

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Dalwhat.2867

Dalwhat.2867

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2 GHz
4gb RAM
Win 7.1 Home Premium 64bit
AMD Radeon HD6800

As it turns out dialling settings down to minimum and turning off player names seems to have sorted things out, certainly while taking on the Fire Elemental last night anyway.

Paddy Malone Human Level 80 Ranger
Also Level 80 Mesmer, Elementalist, Engineer, Thief & Warrior.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Problem is the cpu, really low end one. It really suffers in crowded situations, where cpu’s are massively stressed, and single core performance is the only thing that matters.

You’ll have to play with everything at minimum if you want to get decent fps in big boss fights…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2 GHz
4gb RAM
Win 7.1 Home Premium 64bit
AMD Radeon HD6800

As it turns out dialling settings down to minimum and turning off player names seems to have sorted things out, certainly while taking on the Fire Elemental last night anyway.

what you are seeing is normal for the CPU. You can OC the CPU to get a few more FPS out of it. But the fact is, its 65% slower then current gen Intel haswell CPUs when it comes down to single threaded performance.

You can lower in game settings to reduce the load off your CPU (post processing, character limit/quality, Reflections) and that should help some, but do not expect above 18-20 FPS in fights like Maw/FE/Modnir/Jormag…ect. Its your CPU and its showing its age.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD