11 Day Ticket Closed No response/Reason

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

I was waiting 11 days for a response to my account issue ticket when something finally happened. They just up and closed my ticket for no reason. I did not received a response, notification, E-mail, just closed. Now after such an error, I am to wait another Week or more because of a support reps cruel idea of a joke? I’m not able to be patient anymore, I but in for a refund request, I’ll give that a bit, then issue a chargeback afterwards if necessary. I mean I was patient at first, but I’m so stressed with this, I just can’t do it anymore, I’m done and I need to move off from these unresolved problems.

120831-021206

Posted by: Grizzly UK.1209

Grizzly UK.1209

Same thing happened to my ticket from 25th August, checked it about 4 hours ago and it was still showing as “Updated”, checked it again about 30 minutes ago and it was showing as “Closed”! No response, no reason, no nothing! So I updated it asking why it had been closed, it’s now back to showing as “Updated”.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I was waiting 11 days for a response to my account issue ticket when something finally happened. They just up and closed my ticket for no reason. I did not received a response, notification, E-mail, just closed. Now after such an error, I am to wait another Week or more because of a support reps cruel idea of a joke? I’m not able to be patient anymore, I but in for a refund request, I’ll give that a bit, then issue a chargeback afterwards if necessary. I mean I was patient at first, but I’m so stressed with this, I just can’t do it anymore, I’m done and I need to move off from these unresolved problems.

120831-021206

Here is what happened and I’ll write up an update to cover this, because I’m sure other players will be confused, as well. You had an old ticket, and for some reason it had not been full resolved (for which we’re really sorry). On the other hand, a lot of other players in the queues had open tickets for issues that had been resolved, through support assistance or via a game update.

So we sent out a mail today to a large number of those in the queues that said, in short, we think that your issue may have been solved, but if not, click here and we’ll keep your ticket open and re-prioritize it to get you help as quickly as possible.

Please open the email that you received, click the link, and then click “I still need help” on the interface window that you see. You should hear back very soon. Because the “ticket closure” is tentative and you have this opportunity to get re-prioritized, to get into the right queue, into the right category, with agents who are waiting to help.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Same thing happened to my ticket from 25th August, checked it about 4 hours ago and it was still showing as “Updated”, checked it again about 30 minutes ago and it was showing as “Closed”! No response, no reason, no nothing! So I updated it asking why it had been closed, it’s now back to showing as “Updated”.

Please see above, and please check every mail box, including “spam” and “junk.” You can help me help others if you let me know that you did receive the mail and where it ended up. Thanks for the help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Grizzly UK.1209

Please see above, and please check every mail box, including “spam” and “junk.” You can help me help others if you let me know that you did receive the mail and where it ended up. Thanks for the help!

I’ve had my email client open since I read your post in another thread about the email being sent out and it actually arrived about 5 minutes ago in my Inbox! I’ve clicked the link and clicked on the “Yes I still need help” button. Ticket number is 120825-035702.

(edited by Grizzly UK.1209)

Echo.7259

E-mail came through just now and I re-opened it.
However what happened, because of this I am probably at the back of the queue again after already waiting all that time? Egh, I can give it another 24 hours I suppose, and see what happens. Another 12 days though, not a chance.

(I’ve been having numerous account issues on TOP of having this unexplainable lag issue. I’ve had assorted tickets since 08/15/2012 for individual issues, and not ONE of them has a resolution yet, just to share my reason for impatience and frustration)

(edited by Echo.7259)

Posted by: Frostpyro.5942

Frostpyro.5942

Ticket has been open for 5 days, haven’t received an email or a response. Been quite a few days now.

Ticket Concerning Hacked account and email.

Reference # 120906-001493

(edited by Frostpyro.5942)

Posted by: zack.3721

zack.3721

Friend said “He don’t mind waiting that’s not the problem, mainly because I was way above most players gear wise, I am just worried my character and all the gear I worked hard for is gonna be gone when I do get my account back.”

Hes part of Team Legacy and missed 2 of the most important nights in world vs world because of a hacked account, I think hes trying to keep positive because of the chance everything he worked 200+ hours for so far could possible be gone.

Reference #: 120908-002292
Date created: 09/08/2012

Hasn’t waited very long so don’t think hes gonna get a reply for awhile lol, hopefully soon tho.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’ve had my email client open since I read your post in another thread about the email being sent out and it actually arrived about 5 minutes ago in my Inbox! I’ve clicked the link and clicked on the “Yes I still need help” button. Ticket number is 120825-035702.

Great — we’ll get to that asap.

E-mail came through just now and I re-opened it.
However what happened, because of this I am probably at the back of the queue again after already waiting all that time? Egh, I can give it another 24 hours I suppose, and see what happens. Another 12 days though, not a chance.

Glad you got the mail, and do not worry — I grilled the team about three times to make sure "If they update, are they going to get RE-prioritized or DE-prioritized. The process you took will get you help faster, which is why we did the whole email/response thing. Thanks for following the steps and I hope you’re in soon!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Echo.7259

They did, I’m very happy with this. I should be able to play the game soon with this issue out of the way. Unfortunately, as long as the game is not playable on higher end hardware, all I can do is focus on making my account more secure. Apparently someone did hack my account, but all they got was my 3 day headstart access account! Not much good that will do them.
I am however very concerned about how I can protect myself. I already had a strong password, perhaps I should change my information to a better E-mail address or something?

Previous

Gaile Gray

They did, I’m very happy with this. I should be able to play the game soon with this issue out of the way. Unfortunately, as long as the game is not playable on higher end hardware, all I can do is focus on making my account more secure. Apparently someone did hack my account, but all they got was my 3 day headstart access account! Not much good that will do them.
I am however very concerned about how I can protect myself. I already had a strong password, perhaps I should change my information to a better E-mail address or something?

Can I give you some advice? (“Sure, Gaile, go ahead!” you say. ) You know how easy it is to get a good, free email account, right? I don’t mean some shady email service that no one has heard of, I mean a major email provider with a solid reputation. Soooo… why not set up a unique email account and use that ONLY for Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2? It’s easy. It’s free. And with a complex, unique — used-nowhere-else password — it’s another layer of security! (And yep, we’re working on even more.)

Anyway, consider the special, GW-only email account. And thanks for giving me the opportunity to say that. I will now shuffle my soapbox off into the corner again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Grizzly UK.1209

Sometime this week maybe? Now on day 18 since I submitted the ticket and, quite frankly, I’m almost out of patience! I understand and accept that there’s been other, more important, issues to be dealt with, but 18 days and counting is a little excessive.

Posted by: meldor.3109

meldor.3109

My guild bank lost 2 gold during a withdrawal that obviously didn’t work and sadly ArenaNet keep closing the issue and they do nothing to get it resolve.

Again yesterday I reopened the ticket following a closed status that didn’t answer or solve anything.

Hire more people ArenaNet, Customer service is essential to keep your customers during the long run.

I can careless about 2 gold now, but still I wish this issue resolve and them telling me they checked our log bank file and didnt see this gold being withdrawal.

Grizzly UK.1209

Sometime this week maybe? Now on day 18 since I submitted the ticket and, quite frankly, I’m almost out of patience! I understand and accept that there’s been other, more important, issues to be dealt with, but 18 days and counting is a little excessive.

Well, obviously not this week then! No update on what’s happening, 21 days now since I submitted my ticket and the silence from ArenaNet is deafening!