(12 MacBook) will it run?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Udin.9587

Udin.9587

I was wandering has anyone tried running the game on the 12in MacBook?
I know you will need to play on low setting and avoid heavy populated areas. I just want to be able to do map completion when I’m away from my main computer

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The game might run, but if it does it will be incredibly poorly. The macbook only has a core m processor, which really isn’t designed for playing games at all. It’s also not supported by GW2 as for the OSX client you’re supposed to have a core i5 processor or higher.

I would strongly advise against trying to run GW2 on the macbook. You’re just going to seriously overheat it and kill the machine. You would be much much better off purchasing a macbook air or a retina 13 inch (which isn’t very thick anyway).

Posted by: GreyCat.5823

GreyCat.5823

From my experience, it does run on 12" Air with intel i7 and 8G ram, it run not much fast, have to drop settings down, but it works. But i prefer launch it from desktop with normal graphic card.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

From my experience, it does run on 12" Air with intel i7 and 8G ram, it run not much fast, have to drop settings down, but it works. But i prefer launch it from desktop with normal graphic card.

Yup, an air will run just fine, though not very well. The original poster is talking about the new 12 inch Macbooks though, which are far less powerful than the Macbook Air.

Posted by: Udin.9587

Udin.9587

Thanks flamingfoxx. That actually helps alot

Posted by: Zafikiel.2094

Zafikiel.2094

In the end it worked? How well it did?

Posted by: Skyfire.6190

Skyfire.6190

I have a Macbook Air (early 2015) 1.6 GHz i5, Intel HD 6000 graphics. On absolutely minimum settings, the game runs in the low 20’s fps. You can turn up some settings and run it looking good at around 19 fps. Either way you will hit fps spikes down to about 12.

The game would probably run a little better on bootcamp, but it would also cripple my tiny ssd.

That’s the bad news. The good news is that the game actually plays pretty well at those numbers. It sounds like it would be a slideshow, but it’s really not, and fun for the casual gaming that GW2 allows.