15 FPS - is it even worth it?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TheGloriousGray.9068

TheGloriousGray.9068

Hey guys,

I just bought gw2 yesterday. I running on a MBP mid 2009 (I know, dinosaur right?) and didn’t have super high expectations in terms of performance. But with everything turned down to low I am at best averaging 14-15 fps and thats just in the asura starting area. I’m dreading getting in to more populated areas much less WvW. You guys have any suggestions or is gw2 basically unplayable because my laptop is so old lol?

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

I would say no, Not sure why you would expect much out of specs like those. Even in a standard pc rig with those specs 256 mb of graphics is terrible. Most any games take to run well at least a gig. You’d be hard pressed to run something like Facebook games with those system specs let alone a graphics intensive mmorpg.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Actually there are plenty of things that will run justified with 256mb of graphics memory. WoW or GW1 for example...

Unfortunately GW2 is quite demanding, especially the osx port. If you don’t have access to another machine then unfortunately gw2 might now be for you :S