3 hours later... still somehow mistaken for a bot.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: dflatter.2793

dflatter.2793

So I log in today to see for some reason I’m banned because according to them I’m a…. bot. WTF? I have never once used any form of macro or third party program whatsoever. And further more I have like 50% map completion and one tiny look at my achievements would prove that I am playing this game legit. The only connection to botting I have had is my relentless reporting of every bot I see.

I’m a Ranger so you think this may have anything to do with it? I am so beyond infuriated with this right now. I contacted customer support and haven’t heard back after 3 hours. How long should this take to fix???? I have the next few days to play and my friggen account is nuked.

Posting here because I have heard of Arenanet pwning people who complain about being banned by telling them exactly what they did wrong. Well tell me what I did Arenanet because under no circumstances was it BOTTING! 110 hours and $59 up in smoke. So incredibly upset right now.

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Last time I contacted support it took them a day to tell me they couldn’t help.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

dflatter.2793

This is an outrage. If they ban people by some automatic means, this is complete bs. No person should be banned for botting until a human being looks at the logs and confirms this. Obviously this is not the case here because I know my account wasn’t hacked and I certainly have never done any form of botting, idle-stopping or macro’ing (which is what was listed).

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It’s called have patience and wait for CS to get back to you. Three hours is nothing. You are not the only person who is contacting support for an issue, so you have to wait like everyone else. Don’t expect an instant reply and have patience.

As well, don’t make a thread here about it. There is nothing we (as a community) can do about this. And CMs don’t respond to tickets in a public forum. So you’re wasting your breath and as well, breaking the rules.

Simply, have patience and wait. They’ll get to your ticket in the order it was received (I believe things like this though, get bumped up in priority, unsure on that though).

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Alex Sanchez.6792

Alex Sanchez.6792

did you use combat mode?

dflatter.2793

Combat mode? Is that a program?

And to Spyder… just posting here because I had heard about instances wehre people would post in forums about being wrongfully banned and then a CM would state what it is they did when they found proof. Knowing that there is no proof of me botting since I didn’t do it, I am posting here in hopes that a CM looks into it to “pwn me” then realizes it was a mistake.

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

In order to help they would need your Customer Service ticket number. So you might want to put that into your initial post.

edit because thread was moved and one of my comments was obsolete
and yes, that “combat mode” is a 3rd party system that makes the game more like a shooter console game. It’s been stated by ANet that using it could result in a ban.

(edited by obiemvy.5632)

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

That wasn’t the forum. It was on reddit when the game just launched and the forum wasn’t up yet.

They have not done it on forum because forum support here is separated from game support.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s unpleasant to be noted in a “false positive” for botting. Fortunately, these cases are very few and far between. I hope that you have filed a ticket so that the CS Team can help. You can contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet