32 bit option - PLEASE!

32 bit option - PLEASE!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Reveille.8397

Reveille.8397

Is there a way we can get the 32-bit option back instead of forcing 64-bit? I tried to append -32, but even that doesn’t work now. I would love to play the game again and I didn’t have crashing issues with 32-bit so it would be great to allow both options to suit all types of machines and preferences. Please advise on this…

32 bit option - PLEASE!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Works fine here. Don’t know why it doesn’t work for you.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

32 bit option - PLEASE!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can download the 32-bit client via the ‘My Account’ link above.

Rename it to gw2.exe and move it to the folder to which you have the game installed.

Add the Command Line Argument, -32.

This should work. Good luck.

32 bit option - PLEASE!

Behellagh.1468

I think this problem goes back to the ill advised “rename the 64-bit beta exe” way back when. When ANet made it official and chained the two exes, it’s assumed everyone still had the 32-bit exe and simply made a new shortcut to the 64-bit.

RIP City of Heroes

32 bit option - PLEASE!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When ANet made it official and chained the two exes, it’s assumed everyone still had the 32-bit exe and simply made a new shortcut to the 64-bit.

Gw2Setup.exe will only install Gw2-64.exe on a 64-bit OS.

32 bit option - PLEASE!

Behellagh.1468

This doesn’t seem to be a new install issue because if it is then the OP downloaded the wrong client as the download page clearly lists 64-bit and an optional 32-bit one (and Mac).

RIP City of Heroes

32 bit option - PLEASE!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

This doesn’t seem to be a new install issue because if it is then the OP downloaded the wrong client as the download page clearly lists 64-bit and an optional 32-bit one (and Mac).

They were trying to install Gw2Setup.exe. Both the 32 and 64-bit installers will only install Gw2-64.exe on a 64-bit OS. The only way to get Gw2.exe is by renaming Gw2Setup.exe, which will then support the -32 option.