4 min & 43 seconds: CRASH Exception: c0000005

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Treemoon.6538

Treemoon.6538

“A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause.”

I did not know anything about this thing called “Cider Wrapper.” But I was lead to believe I could play GW2 including the expansion HoT on Appple OS X El Capitan. It appears this “Cider Wrapper” thing does not work. I now know it has not worked properly since it started over 3 years ago. It has never come out of “beta.” At first I thought it was beta because of work on the expansion. After expansion, the longest I’ve been able to play is about 5 minutes. Just now tried to play GW2 and it crashed in 4 minutes & 43 seconds. Obviously the game is now unplayable on Apple OS X.

So ArenaNet has no intention of making a real client for Apple OS X? All those people on the Twitch videos look like nice honest people. It was good PR. I paid for an expansion that worked okay on the Beta Weekend. What changed? ArenaNet is a business set up to make money. ArenaNet is making money. Is that it? How many people at ArenaNet are working on “code” for Apple OS client? How many working there with knowledge of Apple OS code?

(edited by Treemoon.6538)

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i am also experiencing c000000005 exception when i try to launch but im not on mac, and this has been happening for months now

Posted by: Treemoon.6538

Treemoon.6538

Sorry to hear your having trouble. But that exception number: c…5 is applied to many different things. This doesn’t mean the same thing is happening to you if that number comes up. I don’t know how often it happens to you. But it sounds like you are still able to play the game. For it to be happening for months means you’ve been playing for months. I’m talking about not being able to play the game at all.

If you take a look at other postings you will see what the original post is about is not happening to Microsoft OS players the same as with Apple OS players. It’s only happening to Apple OS players. Or at a much greater intensity. And It started after paying for the expansion, and the expansion becoming live. I and other Apple OS players cannot now play the game.

(edited by Treemoon.6538)