64Bit Client

64Bit Client

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

Is there a 64 bit client available? If so, where can I get it? If not, then I suggest you create one. Thank you and have a nice day.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Phaze Delta One.2834

Phaze Delta One.2834

There is no need for a 64bit client. Even if ANet were to implement one, performance gains would be negligible at best.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

There is no need for a 64bit client. Even if ANet were to implement one, performance gains would be negligible at best.

More Ram = Higher performance period. 32 bit client only allows the use of 2gb ram. Where as the 64 bit client will allow me to use the 64gb of ram that I have…

64Bit Client

Phaze Delta One.2834

That isn’t how it works. 32bit clients can address up to 2GB of system ram, 64bit clients can address up to 4GB of system ram

64Bit Client

Posted by: Zephyrus.4289

Zephyrus.4289

Use a 4gb patcher to remove the 2gb limit on 64-bit machines. I might make things a bit smoother.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Sometimes the false information thrown around by people who think they know what they’re talking about scares the ever-loving daylights out of me. And yes, I’m talking about every one of the posters in this thread…

64Bit Client

Posted by: Anduiril.8069

Anduiril.8069

That isn’t how it works. 32bit clients can address up to 2GB of system ram, 64bit clients can address up to 4GB of system ram

A 32bit OS can use almost 4GB of RAM. A 64-bit system can use more RAM than is possible to put in a PC. It isn’t doubled it’s exponential.

64Bit Client

Phaze Delta One.2834

A 32bit OS can use almost 4GB of RAM. A 64-bit system can use more RAM than is possible to put in a PC. It isn’t doubled it’s exponential.

I know know the difference between a 32bit OS and a 64bit OS. What i’m referring to is the difference between a 32bit .exe and 64bit .exe. A 64bit .exe does not have the capabilities that a 64bit OS does, it’s still limited to 4GB of system ram.

As another poster said, you can use a 4GB patcher, but what’s the point. The game will use no more system RAM than is required to function properly.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Dromiz.8162

Dromiz.8162

Another advantage to 64bit is the computer can access the memory at full speed. For some reason 32bit clients can not do this.

This is one of the key reasons Blizzard stated for adding 64bit to WoW.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

Let’s get the 32bit client working first, then we can worry about a 64bit client.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Rabbiddog.7690

Rabbiddog.7690

I know know the difference between a 32bit OS and a 64bit OS. What i’m referring to is the difference between a 32bit .exe and 64bit .exe. A 64bit .exe does not have the capabilities that a 64bit OS does, it’s still limited to 4GB of system ram.

As another poster said, you can use a 4GB patcher, but what’s the point. The game will use no more system RAM than is required to function properly.

Actually that’s not entirely correct. Under a 64bit OS, a 32bit application (with LAA enabled) can access up to 4GB of RAM. While a 64bit application can access up to 8TB of RAM. Though with Windows licensing restrictions (much as with Server editions) the amount of RAM supported by the OS is far less than 8TB. The point is however, that a 64bit application can access in excess of 4GB RAM.

64Bit Client

Posted by: lcizzle.8219

lcizzle.8219

Correct, and Guild Wars 2 has LAA enabled.

For those of you that don’t know. (Talking to you OP)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wz223b1z(v=VS.80).aspx

Actually that’s not entirely correct. Under a 64bit OS, a 32bit application (with LAA enabled) can access up to 4GB of RAM. While a 64bit application can access up to 8TB of RAM. Though with Windows licensing restrictions (much as with Server editions) the amount of RAM supported by the OS is far less than 8TB. The point is however, that a 64bit application can access in excess of 4GB RAM.

64Bit Client

Posted by: VirtualBS.3165

VirtualBS.3165

100% correct.

64Bit Client

Posted by: Tiu Wulf.8062

Tiu Wulf.8062

… And still i get OutOfMemory-Exceptions in WvW and Tequatl, so a 64-bit Version would be sweat. It would also take some pressure off the dev-team, finding all those annoying memoryleaks.

64Bit Client

Posted by: sobe.4157

sobe.4157

Bah this thread is a year old, kitten you necros!

3770k 4.9ghz | Koolance 380i | NexXxoS XT45 | XSPC D5 Photon | ASUS MVFormula |
Mushkin Black 16gb 1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo |2×2TB CavBlack| GALAX 980 SoC |
NZXT Switch 810 | Corsair HX850 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Beyerdynamic T90

(edited by sobe.4157)