7:11:3:191:101 Fix?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: darksilklips.3165

darksilklips.3165

Is there a fix for this error? I really, truly cannot play more than a few minutes without a sudden lag and then being kicked. Anytime I try to use a skill, interact/talk, even simply drag and drop items in my inventory/bank, there’s a lag. Pretty much the only thing I can do is randomly click buttons and hope the enemy is dead when the game catches up. And run around, somehow movement is not affected. Although sometimes when I go to a new place, there are no npcs. Just a blank environment.

Anyway, that is if the game eventually catches up. More often, I’ll just be booted to the login screen and see the code 7:11:3:191:101. Dungeons? Nope. Personal story instances? Nope. Hell, I can barely go to my home instance and mine my nodes, since “F” is a lag trigger and when I’m booted, I’m back in the city.

Please help. I really don’t want to quit. I have way, way too much invested here.

Thanks.

Posted by: Robert W Conn.8059

Robert W Conn.8059

I am having the same issue but to a lesser degree. For me it only kicks me out about once every two hours. Here is what pops up for me.

“The game client lost its connection to the server please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and try again. Code 7.11:3:191:101”

Right now its not bothering me too much, but in the future when I start doing dungeons and PvP this might become a problem.

If anyone can help or if anyone has any advice on how to fix this that would be appreciated.

darksilklips.3165

Yes! Exactly. It used to be less frequent for me as well. I’ve been trying to level an alt, though, and it’s impossible when you can’t ever finish an instance.

And… sadly… it’s getting worse. Now my session lasts about 30 seconds to a minute and then I’m booted. I can’t even fast travel because I don’t have time to click the waypoint, that’s how bad it’s gotten. Nothing else has this problem, just GW2.

So sad… :’(

Posted by: Riz The Wise.2875

Riz The Wise.2875

i am having the same issue here. super annoying

Posted by: Hero of Time.3685

Hero of Time.3685

I just installed the game yesterday, and haven’t been able to play for more than a couple minutes due to the same problem.

darksilklips.3165

Got it. So, go to “Add or remove programs” and check to see if there’s a program installed that coincides with when the lag started. I uninstalled a few: Firefox, uTorrent, VAIO Update. I restarted and now the game works.

It might be something you yourself didn’t install, just an automatic update.

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

disconnected 12 times in 2 hours last night with disconnect error code 7:11:3:191:101. Logged on just now and didn’t even get to load in without being booted for the same code. I got a new router LAST time it was this bad which was about 8 months ago. This is a brand new razer blade laptop with virtually NOTHING loaded on it yet except gw2 so its NOT interfering software and its NOT my router. If there is packet loss there seems to be an awful lot of people posting the same so I don’t buy that answer. Sent in a ticket last night have yet to hear back.

Posted by: Huffinator.4598

Huffinator.4598

I started having the disconnects yesterday. I’ve messed around with my firewall and anti-virus settings, opened ports up, update all my drivers. What’s weird is that I got 4 days of play into this game before I started having this issue. Super annoying to say the least! I can log in and connect to the server just fine, but for some reason, I just can’t maintain a connection to the server anymore!

I’m basically having the same issues as darksilklips.3165, except that I never really tried to walk far away from where-ever I’m at in the game when I start lagging. It sucks especially when you bought a whole new rig to play games you were never able to play before. I can’t really make any headway into my story anymore with this mess.

Also to add to that, somehow my chat somewhat works as I still get messages when I get one of those lag spikes.

Posted by: Lidle.2679

Lidle.2679

Same thing is happening to me…I had to repeat the same instance about 6 times due to disconnecting problems, and shortly after I completed it I got disconnected. This is ridiculous. If I knew this was going to happen I would not have bought this game. I have not once lagged out of a game due to connection issues other than GW2. Please fix this. I cannot player for longer than 2 minutes before insane amounts of lag kick in.

darksilklips.3165

Did my fix help anyone? Also, if it’s possible, have you tried playing on another computer to see if you have the same issue?

Posted by: AsaPrime.2179

AsaPrime.2179

same issue happened to me yesterday. i dc and booted out to character selection every 5min when i’m playing the game

darksilklips.3165

Okay, it started happening to me again. Does anyone else in here use a Razer product? Because I’m actually thinking it may be Synapse causing the issues.

Robert W Conn.8059

I don’t use a Razer product but like I said earlier it only happens about once every two hours. Also some days I don’t get booted at all. Note: (I only play about four hours a day).

Posted by: Staticnova.7239

Staticnova.7239

Yeah, I’m having the same issue. I get it fairly often but it seems to strike randomly. Could be a minute after logging in with a character, could be an hour. This only started happening a couple days ago. Like some of you are saying, I’d played for a week or so before that without any issues at all. And I got the game on release but never even saw this until now.

Seems like a bunch of people are experiencing this. We’re all reporting that our internet and software interaction is fine so I can only assume it’s a problem out of our control.

(edited by Staticnova.7239)

Posted by: Savvy.2503

Savvy.2503

Not exactly having the lag issue, but I can relate. Play the game for five minutes and it boots me back to Character Screen. I don’t quite understand whats going on at the moment. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new update on the first… there has been a few downloads within the last week through the client. I just hope it lets me play at some time.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I was just in EOTM and lag kicked in. I was heading towards where the commander was, then all of a sudden I found my character jumping back and forth between the same spot. Then in a split second I’m finding myself in the middle of an enemy blob and I’m instantly killed. Thanks Anet.

They really need to fix their lag issues, I’m getting sick of it. WvW for me is unplayable right now.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

@darksilklips I actually JUST got the Razer Blade Pro and this started happening but with all the other reports of this I don’t think its a razer synapse issue.

Huffinator.4598

Alright, I’ve got time to continue hunting down the cause of this issue…

I’m still having issues with the game. I ran the diagnostic test and the results puzzle me a bit. I can connect to all the servers, no problem. The first time I ran the program,
when it was tracing network paths, it thought that the trace was complete when the data went to my “homeportal”.

So I decided to open up cmd.exe and run a tracert command to the server ip (207.127.158.1) and it actually ran like it was supposed to. It got rerouted to some crazy places so I decided to give the diagnostic test a 2nd chance. The results conflict each other, but both are not good. What I see in cmd is that it fully traces, but I get some really high pings because the data gets sent to Washington, it goes to Paris (France) and Frankfurt (Germany) before reaching the servers!!! The 2nd run of the diagnostics suggests that 100% of the data gets lost somewhere in the AT&T network outside my control. I live in Texas and I play on Ferguson’s Crossing, which is an American server. I don’t think ArenaNet would name a server American if it wasn’t actually in America. (Although I wonder why the server time is several hours ahead of my time zone)

Attachments:

Posted by: qarinus.3869

qarinus.3869

I am having this problem as well. I’m connecting using a mobile data card through Sprint because it’s the fastest internet available where I am.

GW2 will kick me with the error code in the thread title when the rest of the internet seems to be running fine. I’ve found that once this happens, I can connect to the login server normally, but when I try to select a character, it sticks on the loading screen and then after a bit, gives me the same error code and boots me again. The only way to start playing again is to use the “update data profile” function on my data card, after which I can once again log in to a character and play.

This does not happen at consistent intervals. I’ve had it happen anything from 20 minutes to several hours since the last time.

I’m curious if other people having this problem might be connecting through mobile devices?

Posted by: wichox.7253

wichox.7253

im havaing the same error :/

Posted by: T Man.4025

T Man.4025

Yeah, I’m having the same issue. I get it fairly often but it seems to strike randomly. Could be a minute after logging in with a character, could be an hour. This only started happening a couple days ago. Like some of you are saying, I’d played for a week or so before that without any issues at all. And I got the game on release but never even saw this until now.

Seems like a bunch of people are experiencing this. We’re all reporting that our internet and software interaction is fine so I can only assume it’s a problem out of our control.

What he said…^

Guild – [TF] Tactical Fury
IGN – Ironfist Legacy

Posted by: Krizu.5312

Krizu.5312

I’m sadly having the same issue around the same time this thread started xD
It was two patches ago when it all started for me. I have a new blade razer laptop and before this said patch it was smoothly running. I’ve contacted support, they were really nice but in the end they said it was my internet service provider.. which is not, my two brothers play alongside with me and they don’t have an issue at all. As a matter of fact when I play with them is when I don’t dc every two minutes and I can actually get some progress done. That is only when they are on my party and at least one of them is on the same map as I am, and next to me… e.e’ annoying because we both have out things to do in game so is like I need a baby sitter so I won’t dc and get killed.

If anyone knows any other way to solve this, let us know
at this point I’m thinking of taking a loooonngg break because it is discouraging to play like this… or try to play like this

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m suffering from frequent 7:11s as well. In my case, the game freezes, except for things in motion which keep moving in straight lines or keep repeating skill animations.

It can take over a minute before the game finally decides to call it quits and kick me back to the character selection screen with the 7:11 error. During this “frozen time” my chat keeps functioning perfectly in both directions, which is convenient, because it allows me to tell people I’m about to disconnect. I can also still use party options; when I’m not in a party already, I can use that to quickly join people so I can use them to get back to the map I’m in.

Obviously, there’s nothing wrong with my internet connection to cause these seven:elevens, because I can still do many things in the game when this is going on. Except, alas, play.

Posted by: T Man.4025

T Man.4025

I’m suffering from frequent 7:11s as well. In my case, the game freezes, except for things in motion which keep moving in straight lines or keep repeating skill animations.

It can take over a minute before the game finally decides to call it quits and kick me back to the character selection screen with the 7:11 error. During this “frozen time” my chat keeps functioning perfectly in both directions, which is convenient, because it allows me to tell people I’m about to disconnect. I can also still use party options; when I’m not in a party already, I can use that to quickly join people so I can use them to get back to the map I’m in.

Obviously, there’s nothing wrong with my internet connection to cause these seven:elevens, because I can still do many things in the game when this is going on. Except, alas, play.

You just took the words from my mouth..

Guild – [TF] Tactical Fury
IGN – Ironfist Legacy

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Having this same issue. Haven’t had it this bad in about 6 months. Restarted router, made sure everything was up to date. Internet is just fine as streaming devices and other internet usage is unaffected. I’m thinking that they may have updated something on their servers to prepare for S2 which we wouldn’t have seen a client side update. At least the weather was nice where I live so I didn’t have cabin fever.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s still happening, I can’t stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time.

Huffinator.4598

Yep, it still is. I still suffer from too much packet loss the way my packets are being transmitted to the game servers. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is switching internet providers.

Robert W Conn.8059

After acting normally ( for a couple of days ) it happened again and this time my whole screen went black, and I had to restart my computer, it only booted me out for a few seconds though.

Posted by: Shuzzbutt.2150

Shuzzbutt.2150

ok I have the same problems that you guys do and I started the july 1 at 1 am for me, and its gotten so bad that I can play 30 seconds and am kicked ive been playing since opening weeks and its annoying when I cant play with my friends, I can even get to season two

I posted on a couple of other threads and i thought mine was fixed to day but it only reverted back.

Shuzzbutt.2150

So has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling GW2?

Huffinator.4598

I’m way ahead of you on that. I completely uninstalled the game, searched for “Guild Wars 2” to delete the leftover files that remained, and ran Registry cleaner in CCleaner. Rebooted my PC just for safe measures and proceeded to download the entire game again, except that I will put it on my SSD this time. It was actually working fine for a moment, but then the lag and disconnects starting happening after a half-ish hour of play.

Posted by: sbettini.2715

sbettini.2715

Same here…every 2 hours from yesterday….same error code

Shuzzbutt.2150

OK and none of us are having internet problems, so in my mind this means that there is tow possible reasons: One that there are too many people for the servers to handle, or two that there is a really bad game bug. I think that it is option number one because of the sharp increase of new players, there are 4 completely full servers and the rest are all high or above. I believe that this is due to the advertisements and the fact that GW2 is starting to become very popular. In short I believe that Arena net is a victim of it own success, they were not prepared for the amount of people and are working hard to fix the problem sprung from their fortune

Posted by: CharJC.8365

CharJC.8365

I might as well chip in too. I have checked all connections, my own Computer, Router, even call the ISP to check it out on there end. Even spent money for them to come and RE CHECK what I looked at… (which was both sad and funny since I’m a 15 year computer engineer), and guess what, not a kitten thing wrong. Unfortunately, being as this is the Independence weekend, I doubt anyone cares or will bother with fixing this or even do I dare say respond to this thread. Lets just hope this is resolved in a somewhat timely fashion so that some of us may enjoy the new content.

Guild Leader
{League Of The Valkyries} {LOVE}

Huffinator.4598

I’ll put my money on the servers being overloaded with players that they deliberately drop some players connections to prevent the whole thing from crashing down. When the connection is cut, that’s when you start getting insane amounts of packet loss as they aren’t being accepted by the servers and being lost in the network(s) the data travels through. Unless you regain connection, just about all the game packets being sent will back up until you “officially” get disconnected from the game.

I wasted way too much time on this issue. It also explains why my first few days were problem free — I played on the lowest population server when I first joined. I can now only play the game when there are little to no people in the area I am in to avoid getting lag/disconnects. Kind of takes the MMO out of MMORPG if you ask me. But whatever, obviously I’m not going to financially support a game I can’t play. It’s kind of funny though how tech support responds fast to people having problems buying stuff in the game though. When have you ever seen them post on one of these topics quickly and not put the blame on your ISP, firewall, etc.?

Take a look at the “Network Lag [Merged]” topic. That’s where posts get moved to when the admins do another one of those “cleanup runs” in the forums. Everything else they deem unnecessary gets deleted.

Posted by: Shady.8496

Shady.8496

Started having the same problem this morning, everything was going perfectly. Switched character and then it started kicking me off after 5 minutes of hard lags.

Posted by: Ilien.5302

Ilien.5302

It’s happening to me too. Constantly. It’s kittening me off I can’t play properly and there’s no response from ANet.

Posted by: slwmtiondaylite.9801

slwmtiondaylite.9801

I have been having this problem for at least a week, as well. Sometimes, I can play for about 30 minutes (maybe longer if I’m really lucky), but then the lagging and the DC’ing happens. And I also can continue to use the chat window.

And to make things even more frustrating (for me), my sister has the exact same computer model, the EXACT same hardware right down to the same USB WiFI wireless adapter, but she’s not affected by any of this (the only difference is that she’s a few feet closer to the gateway). It’s just me.

Posted by: reciprocal.1946

reciprocal.1946

I’m getting that constantly but only during the time period of 1800 (10 GMT) and 0200 (10 GMT). Other times I seem to be OK.

As I mentioned in another post, I’ve tried packet loss diagnosis, and it turns out all good. I’ve tried opening ports and turning off Norton to no effect.

It has been over a week and no response from ANet. Has anyone solved this problem before or does it just go away after a few weeks?

Posted by: Keradin.1309

Keradin.1309

Been having problem with random DC:s the past couple of days as well, and like most of you, my internet is working perfectly fine, it’s only GW2 I’ve been having problem with. Tried booting up other MMO:s (Lotro, Maplestory) and they ran flawlessly, without no disconnecting problem at all.

The chat is still very much functioning, while using skills won’t activate at all. Chat Wars 2?

Posted by: Gaijin.3904

Gaijin.3904

I’ve been having the same issues ( Error 7:11:3:191:101 mostly) continuously since April, so three months and counting. Sometimes I’m getting disconnected every 15 mins, sometimes I get to play like 1-2 hours before dc.

I’ve tried a variety of methods to fix this: Cleared local.dat and gw 2 cache, used the repair function on gw 2 client, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Furthermore, I’ve used the /clientport 80 plus tried portforwarding with port numbers Anet recommends. But none of these seems to help.

Done some pingtesting too: no packet loss and jitter is 0-1 ms so shouldn’t be problem on my behalf. I’m using the latest firmware on my router.

These connectivity problems only arise with Guild Wars 2, otherwise my internet connection is working as it should. These issues are quite literally killing my gameplay- experience time after time.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

This game is unique in how it connect to the internet so if there is any glitch in you internet for any reason it will drop the connection and give you this error message. So if you have an app running in the background that grabs your internet this could cause the error. Disable all apps that need internet like IMs Weatherbug and Skype. Skype is the wurst for gaming it. It was never designed to be used for a gaming VoIP platform and doesn’t play nice with games. If you need VoIP for your gaming get one of the VoIP clients designed for gaming like TeamSpeak3, Ventrilo or Mumble. Most guilds run one of these VoIP servers. Also is your system malware, spyware, or virus free many of these infection could be high jacking your internet. There is a new issue that is popping up in the tech support realm lately, WiFi congestion everything is becoming WiFi enabled lately and may cause congestion in your area causing you internet to get slow or just stop. If you are on WiFi try running a cable from your router to your PC see if the problem goes away. What type of Wifi card is in your system if it’s a cheapo one. you got what you payed for some of these $5.99 WiFi dongles are the biggest pieces of junk get a new one. This problem could be between your PC and the game server packet loss is a big issue lately if you know how to correctly do a ping path or trace route, check to see if there are issues there. You will get a 100% packet loss on the final ip this is normal for security reasons you are looking for packet loss on one of the many nodes that you go threw to get to the game server. When is the last time you have done a complete reinstall of your system, I know this sound odd but sometime as a last resort you might want to do this reformat your hard drive, reinstall Windows and all drivers the install the game without installing any other apps or software.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Krizu.5312

Krizu.5312

Funny how I’ve done all that already. I restarted my whole computer and the first thing I installed was GW2 and it still crashed! took me like 30 mins on the first try but after that it kept doing it as often as it was before… I felt miserable, guess the only sane thing for me to do now is just stop playing the game until someone comes up with a solution because believe you me, it is not my firewall, router, ISP, computer, etc (in my case) it is something on the game… sigh… all the money wasted… hope they do fix it soon instead of blaming every other thing they find suitable

Posted by: jacob.5609

jacob.5609

I’m a new player and I’m feeling like I’m an extra straw on a broken backed camel!
I’ve just built a custom gaming PC and this is the first game I’ve played on it only to find that I’m lagging so much that I’m spending most of my time looking at frozen combat and hoping that when everything catches up I won’t be dead!

I’m both relieved and gutted that I’m not the only one dealing with this. It means it’s not at my end (yay! no more fiddling about with ports and complaining about my internet!) but it also means there’s no easy fix :/

Posted by: doomknife.7498

doomknife.7498

My 2¢:

I’m in Brazil, running it from both laptop and desktop on a 50mb connection. All internet works fine (browsing, streaming, downloading) on both devices. GW2 runs perfect on my desktop, but I got the same error and lag as you guys on my laptop (yes, the hardware can take the game just fine). Desktop works like a charm.

Problem started some time ago, I guess May, and only on my laptop. It’s clean of malware and viruses. Already did a reinstall.

Also, game seems to drop skype connection, but killing skype does not take the error away.

Posted by: AceOfHearts.6521

AceOfHearts.6521

Hello,

I have the same problem every 3-4 minutes.
2 weeks ago I have bought new Lenovo y510, installed windows 8.1 and the problems occur right from the start (please note a first time fresh install was made). I have tried with different wifi drivers and with lan connection (same network) but gaming was impossible.
I have written in game bug alert but I haven’t received any support yet.
I have done all the prescriptions you have said to be done in other posts such as – disable all non Microsoft processes.
So 3 days ago I changed to windows 7, but again the same disconnection and error. I hope someone from the admins will read and help finally. Please note on my old PC I haven’t got any problems (same network, speed ~80 mb).

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

I have and am experiencing this error regular now since the Entanglement update. It appears to be worst while in the Dry Top map, but not limited to that map. It also appears to be worst during certain peak times. It makes the game completely un playable unless you have the patience to just keep reconnecting and or restarting your computer. I am certain it is not my computer as this was built especially to play GW2

Please fix this.

Posted by: Ulrich.4625

Ulrich.4625

This is happening for me… can’t even complete the new live story… I can play all my other online games with no trouble. This is something on the server side… or the game is set up poorly. It seems Arenanet doesn’t really care to fix this as it has been going on for a long time now… with no good solution. I’m pretty sick of the first 3 encounters of the new living story…

Please fix this arenanet… I like the game but this is just unplayable… and with this many people from different area’s having the same issue it can’t be on the customer side.

Posted by: Silvr.7403

Silvr.7403

I used to get this so often I couldn’t do much of anything on one character. When I looked over multiple threads back then, it seemed like 1) this error has been happening to different people for a long time now, and 2) there wasn’t any one, sure solution that worked for everyone.

It seems like the best some (or a lot of?) people can hope for is for it to resolve spontaneously, or for it to be bound to a specific area or character. :s

I had this issue really badly on one character starting in late May, but I was lucky in that it was only happening like that in Labyrinthine Cliffs (where I could take another character and not have this issue). Using -repair got me a little extra time before that error showed up every couple minutes again, back then, but not enough to make it worth it. Time of day never affected it as far as I recall.
Strangely, I used to get disconnected with the same error message when getting guild invites on another character, but that only lasted a short time.

I still have the issue — now on all of my characters — but there’s usually a long gap now, so I can actually play…

Like other people, I’ve used the same connection as someone else and been the only one with an issue. I often experience intense lag right before I’m disconnected with that error message.

Posted by: TomCollins.2413

TomCollins.2413

I’m having this issue right now. All night I’ve been trying to play, on each of my characters, and this error message breaks in within a minute of loading the character. On the plus side, I am now able to get as far as my character selection screen. So hey, progress.

I followed the troubleshooting tips to repair the connection. Nothing changed. Some communication would be good. I’ll try again tomorrow morning.