72 hour suspension for foul language

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: venomblade.5769

venomblade.5769

This is quite ridiculous. I do not remember having anything said that would warrant a 3 day ban, especially since it suspends the entire account leaving me unable to do raids with my guild or my dailies. This wouldn’t bother me if I actually said something bad but there was nothing that would ever warrant even a short ban. Even if for whatever reason they did feel like it was foul, they could’ve simply used a communication ban like other games.

I would like mod response on this as it’s absolutely unfair and is making me consider quitting the game despite spending countless of hours and money on it.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

If you think did not deserve suspension you can make support ticket to see what support say about it. Link top of page.

;)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

As Qugi says, you’ll need to make a support ticket in order to get a response on the issue. The forums aren’t for moderator responses. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I do not remember having anything said that would warrant a 3 day ban

The time of when you allegedly used said foul language isn’t necessarily around the same time you receive the ban. It could be something you’ve said a week ago, maybe longer.

That said, if you truly believe you’re innocent, as mentioned submit an appeal, since discussing or appealing a moderator/GM decision isn’t really allowed in the forums.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Also if the question becomes “what about a warning?”, that’s the 3 days suspension.

Actually the first warning is in the Rules of Conduct in the Legal Documentation section at the bottom of the page.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Even if for whatever reason they did feel like it was foul, they could’ve simply used a communication ban like other games.

Anet have said quite clearly they don’t go along with those slap-on-the-wrists and intend their bans to hurt so that you won’t do it again.

And please, drop the pretense of innocently not knowing what you wrote that got you the ban, everyone who uses foul language knows full well what they’re saying/writing.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

You’re better off appealing it than waiting the 3 days. Because the next time they hit you, it will be a week, then a month, then who knows, maybe forever?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.