A Serious Error Problem Like No Other

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Slywolf.4987

Slywolf.4987

Hey Everyone!

My friends just got my this game almost a week ago and when I put disk 1 into my computer, it always comes up as a serious error. My friends got the game and they ran it smoothly with no problem. They tried to help me out but couldn’t find the problem and they checked if my computer could run Guild Wars 2 and it said it would run completely fine with no problem. When I start to launch the setup, it just goes straight to the serious error problem. This is the details when it fails to launch:

http://pastebin.com/Kk3DaMwU

Please help!

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

That looks like a software conflict issue. Please see section 5.1 in the thread below. Also, shut down ANY program that uses overlays (Fraps, game recording software, etc.):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/FAQ-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Compilation/first#post1095890

Slywolf.4987

Update – Still not working
I’ve rolled back the drivers, updated the drivers, changed graphic settings, took out all USB devices and still get the same problem.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Do you have another hard drive to install the game to? The reason I ask is because the error you posted was an error that said the game couldn’t read something in memory. Sometimes this leads to a defunct hard drive or RAM. You can also test your RAM with memtest:
http://www.memtest.org/

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Slywolf.4987

Hello! I’m having trouble with the memtest download and software, could you go into detail about what to do with memtest?

Posted by: basketcase.3894

basketcase.3894

Hello! I’m having trouble with the memtest download and software, could you go into detail about what to do with memtest?

It runs as a bootable CD or USB. The easiest way to do it is to download the USB auto-installer from the site that Ilithis linked, and use it to install it onto a USB flash drive. Then restart your computer and press whatever key it is for your boot options (for me it’s F12 IIRC). Choose the USB option (if there are multiple, you want USB-HDD), and memtest will load up from there.

This is something you want to run for a while, so set it up when you don’t need the computer. Exactly how long you need time-wise depends on the amount of RAM you have and what speed, but 3-7 passes is generally good (the more you do, the more sure you can be of not missing problems). I generally just set it up to run overnight, that should give you plenty of passes.