A drop in FPS

A drop in FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

So my FPS hits 20-29 now while I’m just panning the camera around in LA and in some other areas as well, like dungeons and such. This never use to happen, mostly it use to be 50+ fps even in zergs, so uh, this happening to anyone else?

A drop in FPS

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

Yeah, my fps also went a bit down the drain, use to have a 60 fps lock in metrica province, now it tends to drop to 30 or even 20. I even tried reinstalling windows and everything (emptied my disks and such) but not much if a improvement.

A drop in FPS

Posted by: Limey.2769

Limey.2769

Yes, it’s happened to everyone else. I don’t know if it’s a result of engine changes they’ve implemented in the patches, but it’s definitely noticeable.

It was so annoying, that I bought enough RAM to run the game out of a ramdisk at all times. The info I read indicated that it was a bottleneck of the game engine having to load textures off your game drive (hard drive, SSD, w/e) and so the response time of that was absolutely crucial.

Hence the ramdisk.

It has almost completely eliminated the issue, as all of the game files are stored in memory, and transferring them from the ramdisk to the active game memory is much much faster than transferring across the sata bus from the drives into memory.

System: I5 3570k@ 4.4 ~ 7970 X-fire ~ 32GB DDR3 ~ 2×120gb SSD ~ 2×2tb storage drives

A drop in FPS

Posted by: Yadda.2764

Yadda.2764

Just posting to second this, I’m getting severe FPS spikes while around WP’s and smoke particles, this started after the most recent maintenance. It’s incredibly annoying.