A guy used my name to annoy people on lfg

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: RongNon.9586

RongNon.9586

I am having a bad problem.A guy with an acc named RikShaw.8795 is using my name to say alot of bad words to people on lfg.He joined our group but getting kick because he dont have requirement that we need.After that,he begins to use name to talk bad words on lfg.How should i deal with him?Anyone pls help me.My nick name sylvana claus

Attachments:

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

unfortunately nothing a-net can do since it’s a third party site. There is the flag option on the site, but who knows how actively it is monitored.

Just another reason why there should be an ingame lfg tool.

Also you may want to remove his name cause it’s against the forum rules.

(edited by simplesimon.2084)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

first off all this person is violationing with the Code of Conduct and should be suspended. In my personal opinion lifetime.

But this will likely not happen. The reason is proof. Can you actually proof it is this guy? No, this is an outside source and althought the timing might make it seems to be likely, there is no solid proof. The only way round this is if he also broke a rule in game (e.g. verbal abuse by pm-ing you).

In both cases you might want to file a supportticket here: https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ (ask a question). Even if Arenanet can’t do anything bout it, it is important for them to have statistics on how often this type of harashment happens. This is also important for e.g. deciding an lfg-tool should exist ingame.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

While the behavior of the person posting the obnoxious comments is indeed disrespectful, I don’t see how it violates GW2’s code of conduct as it is occurring outside of a service run by ArenaNet.

I do agree that the game needs to give players better options for finding groups.

Posted by: Ashlar.2519

Ashlar.2519

ArenaNet cannot do anything to assist you here. Get in contact with the moderators of the forum and report the malicious use of your name to them. It is then up to them as to how they want to handle it – and the answer could be they do nothing.

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

first off all this person is violationing with the Code of Conduct and should be suspended. In my personal opinion lifetime.

Look closely…this is just somebody being a troll on a fan site—not in the game nor on the official site.