AHHH, no ui, character control, or movement!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

I was using the mystic forge and my client crashed upon accepting an item! now when I log in it gives me no ui, character, control, or movement!

how to fix??

Attachments:

Baumchen

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

This is not a bug with the mac client but sounds like something with the client itself, I strongly suggest you file a support ticket and let them know this is happening. Make sure you tell them that the event tracker still shows up so it is not a case of you simply having hidden the UI by accident – although I would suggest you try hiding then un-hiding the UI just in case that works. The shortcut is control+shift+H (I think the shortcut still uses the control key in the OSX client).
But yeah, definitely file a support ticket.

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Something similar happens to me sometimes upon logging in, or when zoning into a high population area like Lion’s Arch. What’s going on is that the UI, character model, camera just have loaded yet, and I have to wait a few minutes.

This has gotten worse for me progressively over the last few weeks. Maybe you are just noticing it for the first time.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi J Season,

This is the first I’ve heard of this particular issue happening. I’d definitely like for you to contact us directly by creating a support ticket so we can better assist you one on one.

Thanks!

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

I mentioned this in another issue earlier today, but I did go ahead and make it a separate ticket, since it is definitely a separate issue than what my other ticket was about. Not sure this is the same as Veron has described, I have experienced that too, but I’ve always been able to move even when that occurs, and the graphical loss is not the same. I’ve explained more in my ticket Thanks Ashley

Baumchen

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I made another thread talking about this UI glitch some days ago that went totally unnoticed =/ More people are experiencing this. I don’t think it’s on user’s end. Just like Veron described. I think it’s worth looking into it more seriously.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud