AMD 3D graphic card

AMD 3D graphic card

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sligher.6043

Sligher.6043

Does Guildwars 2 already support AMD 3D graphic cards?? I ask this because I bought one at the beginning of Guildwars 2 and then I found out it only supported NVIDEO 3D graphic cards at that time. :*( Or is there a way to few Guildwars 2 in 3D with a ADM graphic card?

AMD 3D graphic card

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

if you’re talking about just using a graphics card at all, AMD will work.

AMD 3D graphic card

Sligher.6043

I am asking if it is already possible to also use the 3D setting for AMD 3D graphic cards.

AMD 3D graphic card

Avelos.6798

Oh. Probably. If there’s some super exclusive Nvidia garbage then AMD cards can’t do it so I don’t see why AMD cards couldn’t do the 3D thing.

AMD 3D graphic card

Sligher.6043

Well at the start of Guildwars they just only gave the option for 3D if you were using a NVIDEO 3D card. So that is why I ask now. So can I also use the option now on a AMD 3D card?

AMD 3D graphic card

Sligher.6043

Or I did/do something wrong that is why I ask is it possible to run 3D on a AMD 3D card? I guess I am not the only person who uses a AMD 3D card…

AMD 3D graphic card

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

So to rephrase your question:

“Am I able to use the stereoscopic 3d setting in GW2 with an AMD video card or does it only work with Nvidia cards?”

AMD 3D graphic card

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Only works with Nvidia cards

AMD 3D graphic card

Avelos.6798

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with AMD 3D

AMD 3D graphic card

Sligher.6043

Well with a AMD 3D card I couldnt toggel the stereoscopic 3d setting on. It was just grey. I guess they have a contract with Nvidia to only support their cards? If this is the case I hope they will enable it also for AMD somewere in the future…

AMD 3D graphic card

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

“Stereoscopic 3D” tech used in GW2 and many other games like crysis is Nvidia’s proprietary technology, just like physx, it is set on a software level to be compatible only with Nvidia GPUs, so sadly, most likely it will never run on AMD cards unless Nvidia want it that way.