AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

I didn’t see any announcements about it or anything (I could of missed it if it was announced though), but it appears Eyefinity support was fixed at some point recently?

The HUD is placed on the primary screen, and cutscenes render properly, on the primary screen.

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

AMD released the 13.8 beta drivers earlier this month. Though it doesn’t list any fixes related to Eyefinity (it was mainly to address micro-stutter in single monitor, dual GPU DX10/11 games with frame pacing), is it possible you installed those beta drivers and that something related to it is the cause for Eyefinity working properly for you now?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

This is probably the best thread on the issue:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Eyefinity/first#post1929398

Programmer Bill Freist was wonderfully interactive with the community during the process.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Espionage.3685

AMD released the 13.8 beta drivers earlier this month. Though it doesn’t list any fixes related to Eyefinity (it was mainly to address micro-stutter in single monitor, dual GPU DX10/11 games with frame pacing), is it possible you installed those beta drivers and that something related to it is the cause for Eyefinity working properly for you now?

Hmm, not entirely sure if it was the drivers or the OS. I was on Windows 7 with the 13.8 Beta 2 drivers, and the HUD was properly set in the middle of the screen.

Went to 8.1 RTM with a slightly-more updated OpenGL 4.3 Beta Drivers (latest drivers with 8.1 support), and my HUD is stretched across all displays :/

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Espionage.3685

Any suggestions? I suppose I’ll just have to wait for newer drivers, but I really rather try something now…

How does GW2 determine the use of multiple screens? Why would this work on a certain driver + OS, but not on another? Is there some kind of cvar I could use to force detection of triple-screen (opposite of the one that tells GW2 to ignore it)?

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Any suggestions? I suppose I’ll just have to wait for newer drivers, but I really rather try something now…

How does GW2 determine the use of multiple screens? Why would this work on a certain driver + OS, but not on another? Is there some kind of cvar I could use to force detection of triple-screen (opposite of the one that tells GW2 to ignore it)?

i dont think you asked to run the game in three screens , but there is an option to use this line argument

-uispanallmonitors

where Spreads user interface across all monitors in a triple monitor setup.

this tip is coming from wiki : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments ,

where explains how to run the game with line argument .

run the game if you have more screens to spread the game and give us feedback if you want please

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Espionage.3685

i dont think you asked to run the game in three screens , but there is an option to use this line argument

-uispanallmonitors

where Spreads user interface across all monitors in a triple monitor setup.

this tip is coming from wiki : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments ,

where explains how to run the game with line argument .

run the game if you have more screens to spread the game and give us feedback if you want please

I want the UI to be placed on only the primary (middle) screen, not stretched to outer screens. The UI stretches to outer screens regardless if I use that command or not :/

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Are you running in Windowed mode? It only works in Fullscreen or Windowed-Fullscreen.

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Espionage.3685

Are you running in Windowed mode?

Na, I’m using Fullscreen

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Hmm, not entirely sure if it was the drivers or the OS. I was on Windows 7 with the 13.8 Beta 2 drivers, and the HUD was properly set in the middle of the screen.

Went to 8.1 RTM with a slightly-more updated OpenGL 4.3 Beta Drivers (latest drivers with 8.1 support), and my HUD is stretched across all displays :/

Must be this. The game is probably failing to load the AMD library. I’m assuming you’re using official AMD drivers? If that’s the case, I think I know what the issue is.

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Espionage.3685

Must be this. The game is probably failing to load the AMD library. I’m assuming you’re using official AMD drivers? If that’s the case, I think I know what the issue is.

Yeah, official AMD drivers straight from: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystOpenGL43BetaDriver.aspx (the Desktop one)

AMD Eyefinity Works Now?

Espionage.3685

So, it seems Eyefinity support in GW2 works again with the 13.10 Beta drivers in 8.1 RTM now

The issue was probably tied to that older driver.