ATI: Black-Screen Issue with 13.4 driver

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

So I have an ATI Radeon HD 7770. Went from 12.4 driver to 13.1, so excited for a new driver, only to start getting that black-screen issue, where randomly the monitor will go into sleep mode mid game, I can’t get it back on, just off and back into sleep mode, and then I have to do a hard-reset. So, I spent a while with Anet Tech Support, who I must say were absolutely mindblowingly amazing in how fast they responded and how hard they tried to fix the problem. Alas, nothing worked, and eventually, I got the idea to switch back to the old 12.4 driver, and all was back to normal. So, the new 13.4 one came out as we all know. I got it hoping it didn’t have the same issues with GW2 as 13.1, but it does, so I’m back to 12.4 until this is fixed, and I’m wondering, how come it still isn’t fixed?

13.5 beta doesn’t work either, and apparently, this is happening with Nvidia too??

(edited by Hofulu.7325)

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

EXACTLY the same issue, since upgrading my radeon hd 7950 to 13.1 driver i have been getting a black screen and some fps drops, going back to 12.4 like you said to see if it resolves this annoying issue

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Any spesific reason why you dont try out 13.5 beta?

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Hofulu.7325

i will be trying it today, but the problem started with 13.1, and 13.2 beta didnt fix it. 13.4 beta didnt fix it, so im doubtful that 13.5 beta will fix it.

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

If you don’t mind, would anyone tell me how I can revert to the 12.4 driver for Windows 8 64-bit? I have the exact same card and problem and I’m sick of playing on my laptop.

I found this page: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

But I’m not sure because it’s listed as Windows Vista, and there’s a few more drivers before 12.4. Is this the right link?

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

(edited by JahRo.6432)

Hofulu.7325

If you don’t mind, would anyone tell me how I can revert to the 12.4 driver for Windows 8 64-bit? I have the exact same card and problem and I’m sick of playing on my laptop.

I found this page: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

But I’m not sure because it’s listed as Windows Vista, and there’s a few more drivers before 12.4. Is this the right link?

Windows 8 and Windows Vista are two completely different operating systems, and since the page only says Vista, I’m not sure those drivers would work.
HOWEVER, whenever a new driver has come out for Windows 7, it has actually been a driver for Windows 7, Vista, AND 8 when it came out, so, the drivers for Vista that are on that page that you linked may in fact work for Windows 7 and 8 AND may even be the exact official Vista/7/8 drivers that came before the 13.x drivers.
So I say we try them out :P
I 100% totally remember that this problem started directly on the day that I got the first 13.x driver, which was 13.1, so maybe the entire line of 12.x drivers still work. I just have the 12.4 driver because that’s what is on the CD I have, and I didn’t know the previous drivers page even existed haha

Posted by: Alyssa.7254

Alyssa.7254

I have the same exact issue recently and its driving me insane, only I"m using nvidia card.

Hofulu.7325

I have the same exact issue recently and its driving me insane, only I"m using nvidia card.

what card do you have, Alyssa?

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

I have an Nvidia 690 GTX card and it happens to me too… with 2D Nvidia Surround 3 23-inch 1920×1080 monitors.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

HD 7870 here, i haven’t had this issue but i’ve heard of it, are you guys watching temps? I remember a while back tons of 7870’s where having issues with temps where the fan profiles where all wonky and causing BlackSOD

Also how did you uninstall the older drivers. ATI and Nvidia are kitten when it comes to their uninstallers they leave TONS of left over config and .dll’s leading to conflicts out the wazoo.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Hofulu.7325

HD 7870 here, i haven’t had this issue but i’ve heard of it, are you guys watching temps? I remember a while back tons of 7870’s where having issues with temps where the fan profiles where all wonky and causing BlackSOD

Also how did you uninstall the older drivers. ATI and Nvidia are kitten when it comes to their uninstallers they leave TONS of left over config and .dll’s leading to conflicts out the wazoo.

I’ve checked the temps of my card multiple times while in game, and ran multiple stress tests at the highest levels of stress I can set it too, and my comp has come out no higher than 70-80 degrees, and I’ve gotten it to 90 degrees before just to see if it lived and it did, no hitches or drops in performance the entire time it was up there, which was hours. My system is fine.

To uninstall, I first go to the uninstall a program page and uninstall the CCC, or whatever is there that I can uninstall, then restart, then open up Driver Fusion, and delete everything that it finds (I have premium version so it gets rid of everything that it finds, unlike the free version). Next, I go into Windows Explorer and find everything relating to AMD on my computer, and delete everything there too, if anything shows up, and if it can even be deleted.